August exercise challenge

129,009/ 372,000 steps.
Last week was a disaster as predicted.
Getting back to normal from today.
Have put on 3.2lb and got little excercise.
Hoping the weather will clear up today and we will be able to get out for a little while.

Me too. Hoping to get a walk in today. The weather was bad yesterday so didn't get out.
Step total 139,671/ 372,000. Off target again but will do my best for this month.
Dh is off next week so that means lot of eating out. But if weather is good could also mean a lot of walking.
Will be easier in September when we school is back and we are all in our routines again.

I can't use school as an excuse....too old for that. School kids that is.....I'm the teacher.

Just about got my 12,000 steps yesterday.
So I am now at 151,162/ 372,000 steps.
Will do my best today but it is raining and I can't really take the children for a walk in the rain.

Embarrassed to say still nothing and I am taking pressure of myself now. I have 2 weeks left at work and then holiday time. I'm not going to worry about weight or exercise until I get back

169,580/ 372,000 steps.
Doing very badly all round.
Went for no walk on Thursday and a little one yesterday. But never stopped eating. Just chocolate and biscuits. Crazy. Don't know what was up with me!
Disappointed with myself.
Think I have a mental block about August. I think I can undo it all in September.
My head is not in the game at all.
Tipperary you must be so excited about your holidays. It is lovely to have something to look forward too. And finishing work too. Will you miss it or are you happy to move on?

I'll be sad nor to have a wage but will be glad not to have to do it and also to be more flexible with my time

A balance in life is good.
Sometimes I think we work, work, work with 65 in mind as retirement age and then once we get there we are not fit to do anything and have not laid good foundations for a healthy life. I have seen a couple of people over the last few years kill themselves working although they would have had no debt and a lot saved and as soon as they retired had less that a year to enjoy it all. There has to be a balance.
Anyway enough of my musings. I have been completely off plan this week. No walking but school is back at the end of next week so we should all have a bit more structure -I hope! But I have been picking all evening waiting for dh to get home.
Have got rid of a lot of junk this morning and hope to be better next week.

235,688/372,000 steps. Bad month all round. But I am still here which gives me hope.

I am at 267,214/ 372,000 steps.
Over 100,000 steps to go and only 4 days left in the month.
Not going to make it but will post on 01 Sep with my total for the month.
Ah well, I am going to do better in September!

OK I have been a disaster this month. And I will be away in sept so feel free to start a sept thread. I hope to get some swimming and walking done and may try to set a goal and join in.

Enjoy your holiday Tipperary and look forward to you keeping me in check in October :)

Will do....you are in charge of the whip fi sept

Well I got to 320,742/ 372,000 steps.
I knew I wouldnt meet my target but I kept going.
Am off to set up a September challenge now as I need to be kept accountable.

Back