Autumn500s food diary

Autumn500

Silver Member
This is my first day on slimming world. I will be doing extra easy. Having done weight watchers before, I think being allowed to eat more confuses me a bit, so I feel like I'm not sure how much I should eat. I know you should eat til your full,but I, scared lol.feeling hungry already, and wondering if that's sort of normal since I'm obviously having to restrict food to a degree. Anyway, I'm rambling!

Off work today so slept late

Breakfast
Monster smoothie-spinach,milk (hea), peanut butter (4.5syns) and banana (4syns)
Apple

Lunch
Lettuce, baby toms, ham and some grapes and a muller light yoghurt
(Feel likes probably should have had a much bigger lunch, but feel scared to because it doesn't make sense in my head yet)

Snack
Had to have some more grapes and ham as I was hungry-ideally I'd like my meals to see me through slim not picking too much in between, hopefully trial and error will get me there

Dinner
Tesco cod in butter (1.5 syns)
Bachelors curry rice
Mixed veg

Then will probs have a bowl of weetabix for supper to use my heb (synning milk this time)

Looking at the what are you having for breakfast/lunch/dinner threads and people are having such lovely food, so hopefully I can get there! I think I'm just nervous in the beginning about making mistakes so I'm playing it very 'safe'

Well on top of what I had written here I also had a meringue nest (3 syns) with a muller light and some grapes, then some smoked salmon and lettuce last night-everything was on plan though, so I survived the first day!

Plan for today is
Breakfast
Two weetabix (heb) with soy milk (hea) a bit of sweetener and a banana
Fruit tea

Lunch
'Open sushi'-some uncle bens white rice (one syn for half the packet
Half a tin of tuna in brine
Smoked salmon
Cucumber batons
Lettuce leaves
Tomatoes
Rocket
Soy sauce

Dinner
Mushy pea curry, either with rice again (1 syn) or cauliflower rice if I'm feeling adventurous lol.

Since I'm low on syns il probably have a Milky Way with a cuppa tonight(leftover milk from allowance)

Don't suppose anyone knows the syn values of home bargains ambient rice sachets? I'm rubbish at using the search facility, I don't think I'm doing it right as nothing specific comes up-I have some of these pouches as they're dead cheap, but had to buy an uncle bens yesterday for 1.79!

Last edited:
I should probably introduce myself a bit :)

I'm 27 from Northern Ireland and am just on my second day of SW. I did weight watchers in 2006 and lost 2.5 stone pretty fast, then over the course of another couple of years was on it on and off and lost more weight. Then I started doing other random diets, eg harcombe,calorie counting etc as weight watchers was getting too restrictive as I was only allowed 18 points. The lowest weight I've gotten to was 9 stone 9. I would like to be around 8.5 stone. My problem is binge eating, which. Had addressed with a doctor and had under control but a few weeks ago when I decided I would do slimming world, I thought 'ok, I'm starting a diet, il eat the world til then!' And I really did, overrate chocolate and crisps and takeaways to the point I wasn't even enjoying it anymore. Ridiculous self sabotage. My weight went from around 10.2 to my weight day weight of 10.12 and a quarter. This was in about a fortnight!! Now I know that's not all genuine weight gain, plus its * week at the minute, but even still, I'm the heaviest I've been in two years and I can feel every extra pound of it! I feel flabby and massive and just not comfortable at all. I have real body image and self esteem issues so I'm not feeling great at the minute. My other half is amazingly supportive, but I find I don't care how much someone says I'm not fat or look great, since I don't feel it myself.

Anyway, ramble over! I'm hoping by keeping a food/emotional diary then I will get through this-I'm going on holiday in September to Barcelona so really want to make a dent in my weightloss by then (I want to lose 33 and a quarter pounds all in). I'm trying to be gentle with myself while I et my head around the plan-taking it all a day at a time. My other half is doing it as well so at least we are in it together!

Ok so instead of mushy pea curry I had the creamy curry using cauliflower for the sauce. I had onions mushrooms and chicken in the curry, which was seasoned with chilli and curry powder and half a sachet of Mexican uncle bens rice (rounded up to 1.5 syns). It was tasty but the mushrooms turned it a really horrible grey colour so it didn't look the most appetising! Also had a splash f milk in tea at my mums, so giving that .5 syn.

Sooooo, 3 syns used so at, think il treat myself to a tesco version Milky Way (6 syns) and maybe an options hot chocolate to use more of my hea (2 syns). So should hopefully be on 11 syns by end of the day.

And that's day two done

Phew!!!

Woke up embarrassingly late today, so I'm not long after my breakfast-oops!!! So I probably won't have any lunch,jut snack on fruit if I'm hungry. I have to venture to tesco for some food and really don't want to as its so miserable outside!!

Really need to get the finger out and p,an more-since I'm doing it with my other half we should really be more organised,because I can't plan stuff unless I know what he's eaten during the day at work etc, so I don't plan something using hea or something if he's already had it during the day. Organisation is key! But it will take so,e practise as I'm pretty unorganised lol

Breakfast-2weetabix (heb) with 200ml almond milk(from hea) with a chopped up banana and plum

Lunch-big fruit salad, with orange,banana,strawberries,grapes,kiwi, covered in a muller light

Dinner-chilli con carne with very little mince, and onions,mushrooms,peppers,chillies and kidney beans, with slimming world chips and some rocket as a base

Had a pink n white 2.5 syns. might have 25g cheddar over my dinner (5syns?) and a little Milky Way later on (6syns), so 13.5 syns in all.

Not going too bad at all, I feel really bloated at the minute for some reason, not sure it's * week or something else, but its blooming annoying!

Does anyone else use their whole fifteen syns everyday?

Last edited:
Lunch 'Open sushi'-some uncle bens white rice (one syn for half the packet Half a tin of tuna in brine Smoked salmon Cucumber batons Lettuce leaves Tomatoes Rocket Soy sauce [/QUOTE said:
Open sushi sounds like a brilliant idea!

It was really tasty! Il need go get proper sushi rice next time as my rice went a bit hard bt it was still tasty! Was quite proud of myself as I'm so rubbish with food etc lol

I am defo going to try that.

Also you said you are struggling to get organised- it really does help to plan each weeks meals & write a shopping list of the back of it. that way theres no wastage & your OH will know what he can eat throughout the day as he'll know what syns/he's he needs to save for dinner.

Also recently, even outside of SW i have been making larger quantities of food & freezing the rest into portions for 1 or 2. I bought some of those takeaway style foil food boxes with the paper lids on ebay & i write whats inside, syns & the date i made it. that way, if i make a chilli i don't have to eating it 3 days in a row, which is boring. it also means i have meals available if i get home late, or just cant be assed. It doesn't take any longer but its well worth it.

Keep at it :)

Thanks for the advice!! I really know that a meal p,an is the way forward,even before SW it was so handy to know what you were eating. I'm just a bit overwhelmed with all the nice recipes and meal ideas on here-I don't want to get bored eating the same simple things.

The freezing thing is another idea that I really keep meaning to do but talk myself out of it-I'm scared that the texture will be different when is defrosted or it will be all watery. But it would def make life easier coming home from work and just having to sort out the carbs and veg.

Feeling really really motivated, and enjoying the plan a lot, I think it's just a big learning curve-anything that helps me with my cooking and helps me lose weight is all good!

Soooo, day four :)

Breakfast-weetabix with soy milk (hea and heb) and a banana. Coffee with hazelnut milk (3syns and I didn't even enjoy it, hate that!)

Lunch will be scrambled eggs wit flora light (28g split between me and other half, so 2.5 syns) with chopped chives and smoke salmon

Dinner will be honey chilli chicken with SW chips and veg

Snacks will be fruit and may use syns on a pink and white (2.5) and Milky Way (6)

So fourteen syns in all. Quite worried I'm going so close to syn li it everyday, most people seem to eat less

Oh my goodness the honey chilli chicken ended up tasting pretty damn similar to my favourite dish from my favourite restaurant, so to say I'm chuffed is an understatement lol :) ended up having it with rice and chips as there weren't many chips left from last night, and it was delicious. I had onions chilli,sugarsnap peas and lettuce with dinner but still don't think it made up the 3rd superfree,plus my lunch had no superfree so I had a fruit salad afterwards which I know a lot of people say defeats the purpose, but itl take me some practice to get into the way of incorporating it into all my meals.

I've done a dinner plan for the next five days, and breakfast is pretty standard, but I'm really struggling with lunches, I've been looking at the whats for lunch thread but nothing is really catching my eye, and I don't want to get caught in that trap of having baked potatoes or salad everyday as I know that's how il get bored.

Also want to see whats the best value chocolate for syns. I've been having a Milky Way for six syns but I'm greedy and want something bigger, even if it does cost me 8 or 9 syns

Day five already:)

Woke up this morning and had a big fruit salad with yoghurt for breakfast

Planning to have magic oats pancakes for lunch with some fruit. Might split that with other half so itl just be half of my heb.

Dinner will hopefully be curry loaf with cheesy veg bake (hea for cheese)

Not sure on syns yet, maybe one weetabix with synned milk for supper to use my other hex b. probably sneak a Milky Way in there too!

Well, food went a bit wrong really. My pancakes didn't turn out great, I was a bit raging as I wasted my magic porridge in them,which was lovely! Was meant to have curry loaf and veg bake for dinner, ut asda didn't have chickpea Dahl :-( they also didn't have low fat cathedral cheddar, so I ended up having a tin of corned beef for dinner,which I messed up cos I thought it was 4syns, but it wasn't lean so it was 7 syns :-( and as I used full fat cheddar it was five syns :-( so 12 syns used,Grrrrr! Bought Oreos with the idea of having about five of them with a glass of milk as my hea, but that's been whittled down to one!

Oh well, live and learn, at least I didn't go over syns

Today has been a good enough day I think

Breakfast was two weetabix with milk (hea and heb) with banana

Turkey and ham subway salad with BBQ sauce (2syns)

Banana for a snack

Dinner is chicken thighs with teriyaki sauce(synned the sauce according to the 1 syn is 20 cals rule so I've gone for two syns ) having that with half rice half noodles, with peppers, broccoli and cauliflower. Probs fruit salad with muller light afterwards. And then I plan on having four Oreos with a cuppa tonight, I'm very excited lol. Actually, itl have to be less than that as I've just remembered I have to syn my rice, dammit lol. 3 Oreos then lol.

Starting to get nervous for weigh day as to be honest I feel bigger than I did last week. I'm so bloated too, I thought it was cos of star week but the normal bloating from that should have passed by now :-( thought it was mullet lights too, but I haven't had any so far today and its still bad. Disappointed as I feel like I've stuck with the plan as best as I know how for being a newbie, I'd really like it to get acknowledged on Thursday :-(

I cook and freeze quite a bit. It should not be watery when you thaw something out. I do chicken casserole in my slow cooker for 3 or 4 days. Also do chilli sometimes I have it with rice and sometimes chips. Also cool rice & freeze it. Thaw out in microwave. If stewing beef is on offer I make beef carrot & onion casserole and freeze. Sometimes 6 at a time. Usually with thin gravy using oxo cubes. When heating I measure 10g bisto powder (not granules) mix with a little cold water, put in gravy and it thickens it lovely.

Am told freezing grapes and sucking like sweets helps. Also sucking on a frozen banana.

Going on a bit but hope this gives you an idea or two.

As for eating until you are full -I would say eat till comfortable. As it says out book ` everything in moderation`

I like lots but am sure sometimes I eat more than I am burnng off.And of course sometimes the wrong things.

Good Luck

Thank you for the advice! If I can find a bit of room in my freezer il def try batch cooking, at least then when I take a lazy fit il still be eating something healthy. I have a slow cooker too so il def try to use it more.

I'd say I eat til I'm comfortable the majority of the time(well, since I started SW, def not before that lol.). Sometimes il clear my plate just because it was so damn nice lol, but I wouldn't say I'm totally stuffed, I'm overfull for a minute or two and them I'm fine. I've found a big thing is getting up and doing something after dinner, rather than jumping straight in and having something sweet, I'd planned a fruit salad after dinner but didn't end up having it :) still excited for my Oreos though lol

Today was my first day at work on plan and I thought it would go to pot because of me being up much earlier, but so far so good.

Breakfast-weetabix with milk (hea and b) and banana and coffee(from leftover allowance)

Morning break-banana, muller light and tatto prawn cocktail (6.5 syns)

Lunch-mini quiches with ham onion and mushroom (free), fruit salad with grapes,pineapple and kiwi fruit with muller light on top, tin of diet coke

Dinner will be spicy sausage pasta (4syns for the sausages)

Only 4.5 syns left, might manage one and a half Oreos lol

Weigh day tomorrow and I'm scccaaaarreed!

Sounds pretty good to me. Especially the spicy sausage pasta. Is it a tomato based sauce you make?

It's actually a recipe I found on here, I've pasted it below:-

Saw this in a womans mag the other week and wanted to try it, and was pleasantly surprised, with a few tweaks it is SW friendly and depending on the sausages you use will be low syn(EE) or free(Green) obviously depending on the sausages you prefer.

8 sausages grilled
1 red onion sliced
2 cloves garlic chopped
handful fresh basil
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbs red wine vinegar
sweetner (original recipe stated a pinch of sugar)
125g 0% total
Pasta, cooked
1 red chilli
grill sausages, and bring water to the boil for pasta.
fry off onion, chilli and garlic in fry light till softened (add water or stock if it looks like it will stick).
add tomatoes, red wine vinegar, sweetner and half the basil(chopped).
Cook for 10 mins, cook the pasta,then add sliced sausages and cooked pasta to the sauce.
Remove from heat and stir through the yoghurt and remaining basil. Check seasoning and serve.
Would be just as nice without the yoghurt too

Was really nice, I had it on a bed of pasta.i would probably use a bit more spice next time, but it tasted good

Good luck for WI tomorrow- sounds like you're doing really well :)

Back