Autumn's Diary

You're so right ladies! Thank you for your kind words. I know one thing...it's now after 2.45am and I am feeling soooo annoyed with myself that I can't sleep again! Feel sick to my stomach - literally! OMG, it is aching so much and hunger pangs are nothing compared to this fresh hell! :cry:

I am cursing myself too as the good work I've done over the last few days has effectively been cancelled out by this evening's gluttony...and for what? To have pains in my tummy :9529:and this unshakable feeling of disappointment...it's 100% not worth it. Don't do it ladies (and gents!)

I am definitely going to learn from it and tomorrow morning I shall be back on the program with a vengeance. It is just a bump in the road which I had been warned about but to which I didn't pay enough attention. I became too complacent! Grrrr! I was so pleased with myself for having done so well already that I lost a little of the steely determination that I've had for the last month.

However, the one thing I notice this time, that I have not felt before, is the want to learn from it and just get straight back down to business. Usually my head would now be full of the ever so familiar 'You've ruined it now...you're useless...you should have known you couldn't do it...no point in sticking to it now' gamut of emotions. There has definitely been a change in that respect as although I am hugely annoyed at myself over this evening's lapse, I am not chastising myself in the same manner as I usually would. It seems a rather more adult attitude(and a more realistic one) is emerging from the fog of annoyance with regard to the way forward from this point. The truth is, I haven't 'ruined' anything. I have in fact learned something. So now, in turn, I will be more mindful of those feelings in future.

It truly is a journey.

Hey gorgeous, great post you most definately sound like your head is in a good place, even if your tummy isn't! Incidentally I have been in that position of feeling the pain you talk about I sympathise it is agony and defo a learnt lesson!

As you said straight back on it and hopefully you will have not damaged this weeks weightloss to badly, if at all. Xx

Glad you have motivation to look at what went wrong rather than continuing to binge. If you want to learn from this have a think about what was going on in your thinking before you lapsed. Who was there, what was the stimulus to lapse, where were you ect.

Hope you can figure it out and jump on that wagon today x

sorry to hear you had a lapse but great to see you have managed to learn from it and move on.I too have recently had a wobble,its hard and like you say in the past the wobble would have been a week long binge but realising what is going on and stopping it in its tracks before too much damage is done is the way forward.So well done.
Hope today is a better day for you.
Onwards and downwards.
Cathyxx

Thanks for the posts ladies, I am definitely feeling back to my old self today and have gotten straight back down to business. You are so right about the week long binging Catthin! That's exactly what I would usually do...then it would be nigh on impossible to get the motivation up to get back on track as I would be crammed full of negativity. Starting over would feel twice as difficult and considering how much effort I felt it took to get started the first time, I would be very down overall. This of course would lead to another visit from my bad friend 'take-away'. Who seems to be a good thing until he is all gone...and then you just feel like poo! (the fact that I've made take-away masculine might say something in itself lol!;))

I am, as we speak, thinking about what caused yesterday's mindset Clarabow. I know I was in a 'I've done so well, this little 'treat' won't hurt' frame of mind but I also know that I was using those thoughts as an excuse to be naughty as I was telling myself the whole time not to do it. I was just ignoring that voice! :devilangel: Something else was definitely driving it. I will do some more thinking on the matter!

Definitely hoping that the scales are not too unkind this week LadyT but I figure that even if I don't lose anything, that it's a learning curve so am preparing myself for the worst right now lol. I know being back on track is the main thing so will keep a positive attitude and even if I don't lose, I shall focus on not having put any on either, which is equally good when you've had a little blip. (Although if I lose a pound I shall not complain lol! :innocent0001:)

Have finally sorted out my weight loss ticker! Woot! Should show up on the bottom of this post, fingers crossed!

Hope you are all having a good weekend :gen126:

Forgot to mention that after finally falling asleep last night, I woke up at 6am ish after having biten down hard on my tongue. Must have been dreaming about all the food I had eaten lol :eek: Was sore at the time...but today...it's all swollen and killing me!

Mmmm.....karma eh!:cry:

Forgot to mention that after finally falling asleep last night, I woke up at 6am ish after having biten down hard on my tongue. Must have been dreaming about all the food I had eaten lol :eek: Was sore at the time...but today...it's all swollen and killing me!

Mmmm.....karma eh!:cry:

OMG I do this soooo often, I wake up in the night and I am biting mine, release it and it hurts like hell but soon feels better!

Hope you are ok hunni xx

Hi autumn leaves!

Glad to see that you are back on track after your little blip! I think it's great you got back on the saddle and didnt let it ruin your hardwork so far! I had a 3 day break on doc's advice and really struggled to get back onto the programme 100%, luckily I still had a 2lb loss. I think the challenge of getting back into ketosis all over again is so not worth the risk, even more than not losing as much weight! A small blip is nothing in this long journey we are on so don't beat yourself up and well done you for getting straight back onto the programme! x

Hi autumn leaves!

Glad to see that you are back on track after your little blip! I think it's great you got back on the saddle and didnt let it ruin your hardwork so far! I had a 3 day break on doc's advice and really struggled to get back onto the programme 100%, luckily I still had a 2lb loss. I think the challenge of getting back into ketosis all over again is so not worth the risk, even more than not losing as much weight! A small blip is nothing in this long journey we are on so don't beat yourself up and well done you for getting straight back onto the programme! x

Really like this post :)

Back