Autumn's Diary

Hi autumn just wanted to say ur post really moved me! I can relate to exactly how you feel. I am on day 2 and feeling very very grotty but you have given me new determination to get through this and start living my life! So thankyou and goodluck on your journey x

Hey Autumn,

how are you getting along today? Lovely sunny day here and my day off so all is good :), hope your day is bright and sunny too.

xxx

Hello ladies. Firstly, thank you for all your lovely messages. They really help sooooo much and definitely gave me the boost I needed today! I have had an up and down kind of a day Loopy if I'm honest but am still being good as gold lol ;) As far as LL is concerned, although I am commited, I find that some days are harder than others, so to come on and read all your posts is a godsend.

You asked about side effects Pandora...there are many lol. The main one is a tummy which makes noises I have never heard previously! It's also contant! (Maybe it's the thin me trying to get out ;)). I also have the coldest feet and hands, so bad at times that I feel as though someone has just chipped me out of a block of ice! This week it has extended to my nose...brrr! :gen125:I don't sleep that well at the moment either as although I am in ketosis, I pretty much still feel hungry all the time and my tummy hurts as I try to get to sleep. I know it sometimes takes longer for some people to stop feeling hungry so am just trusting in that and looking forward to when that happens. :) On the up side, I have not had heartburn once since starting LL. I always had it before and was at the point where I was taking zantac regularly. It was out of control and part of the reason I knew I needed to take myself in hand. It had come to the point where I knew that when I lay down to sleep it would visit me only a short while later! All the fat was pushing up around me as I slept and making it worse. It worries me that if I don't stick with this that I will be forced to take pills for it over a long period and that, in turn, will impact upon my health even more. Another bonus, my skin! In even a short period of time it's brighter and clearer, so much so that I have been getting lovely compliments yay :D Little things like this are keeping me going at the moment. I mainly hope the hunger pangs subside but whether they do or not, failure is not an option. (One last side effect - constant toilet visits lol. It's like my second home at the moment!:ashamed0005:)

I completely agree Lady T, the group meetings are far more helpful than the usual stuff we are hit with. Also, what you said about crooked thinking kicking in after losing a little is so true! I have done that in the past. 'Oh, I've lost 5pds, so I could have that one takeaway tonight as a treat! I will be good tomorrow'. The problem is that years of 'tomorrows' got me into this position and the quicker I deal with my weight the more tomorrows I'll have in life. It's a slippery slope to allow myself food 'treats' and group is such a good way to hold myself accountable for those less than wise choices, when I am alone, with willpower on the wane!

Dorothy, Karen and Lotstolose, thank you for your lovely posts. I am look forward to finding out how things are going with you as time passes :) Hopefully we'll all be skinny minnies together one day in the not too distant future. I do wonder how it will feel when we are looking back on these posts in time when we're staring out from the goal end...

I know you will be feeling the worst of it at the moment Lotstolose but please stick with it, I know I was ready to poke my eyes out with sticks in those first few days (was rather grumpy too lol) but it definitely gets better after that first period and you will(and quite rightly should) be so proud of yourself! :hug99:

I will be 35 this year and this needs to be done. Once and for all. I know that I don't want the next chapter of my life to be like the previous one. I love life and all the fascinating things out there in the world. I want to experience so much but it always seem too far away...and for one reason. I'm too fat.

It's not a good enough reason.

Currently my life is more a case of constant procrastination and I'm tired of it...no more! I don't usually play the 'think yourself lucky,there are people worse off than you' game as I believe that everyone's problems are their own and therefore have no less validity. Everyone does their best with what they have on their plate but at times, I do think of people whose dreams will never be realised through circumstance and position. It makes me appreciate deeply how lucky I am, to see the things I see, to know the things I know, to live in the society I live in(as much as I complain about certain aspects at times). As sad as it is to say, a little boy who is crippled will never grow up to be a firefighter no matter how much he wants it and dreams about it...and yet I tell myself that I can't lose weight, I'll never do it etc...but that's crap! It's not the impossible dream. It's very much doable. Yes, it will take time and it will take dedication but those two things seem like a small sacrifice in return for all the rewards that would come as a result of it. I have never been my ideal weight in my adult life and have concentrated on the qualities I felt I could improve, believing my weight to be something I should just accept. To hell with that! The people who defied that kind of self-judgement are right here in this forum as proof that we are capable of more than we dreamed possible.

I hope you will forgive my ramblings ladies as it's nearly 4.30am on yet another sleepless night but getting my head straight is something that requires doing on a regular basis at the moment. Putting my thoughts down here definitely helps.

I better try to get a few hours of sleep now but I hope the fat burning pixies are visiting you at this very moment and that you all have a great day! :gen126:

OMG, that post is like a novel! :8855:

Post is great!

So much of it I can relate to as I am sure others will, I too said in my first diary post about the tomorrow never coming.

I hope you start to feel a bit better soon, ensure you are drinking enough as it is a well known fact that we actually eat when in fact our body is thirsty.

Stomach noises - tell me about it! however I have felt in the past when I did a meal replacement plan that these noises are a sign of the plan working so I find them quite reassuring :D.

I did also struggle sleep wise at the start of the plan but that has passed and I hope it does for you too soon.

Have a fab day whatever you are doing xx

Lovely post Autumn.

Sorry to hear you are suffering from sleeplessness. Hopefully it will pass when your body settles a little.

I have been overweight since a child, never in the "normal" catagory and my weight has increased steadily as I have got older reagardless of the diet programs I tried. I would loose a stone maybe two at the most before giving up hope. My first time on lighter life I lost 5 stone. What an experience I was feeling almost mainstream, I could shop in mainstream clothing shops.

Have to say it freaked me out a bit. My head hadn't caught up with my body. I missed being a big beautiful woman, I had an active circle of friends in that community and I no longer fitted in. Totally lost my sense of identity. Life then intruded and I went back to my old ways of eating. It is soo true that if you keep doing what you have always done you will get what you have always got. True to form I regained the weight. Keeping the weight off at the time had little value to me. Crooked thinking or what!

Thankfully this time round it isn't all about loosing the weight. It's about changing my thinking and my life. Changing the things that are making me turn to food to eat. The weight loss has been a more meandering journey but I am pleased to say my head has come along with me and I am happy where I am going.

Lovely to see you new ladies on the board full of vim and vigour, it is really inspiring. So looking forward to seeing how you all get on.

Onwards and downwards ladies xx

Fabulous post, you clearly do a lot if thinking and set yourself straight on things to understand things and how they can and will shape your future.

I am very similar but couldn't articulate it the way you do but that's ok because we are all unique in this world.

Good luck hun xxx

Thanks again for inspiring post. ? feeling a bit better today although even though I've been tired sleeplessness has been a big problem for me too. Goin to lay off water flavour today and hope that settles tummy. My heartburn has gone completely too amazing isn't it! I love what you said about this being a dream that can be realised and enjoying all those tomorrows we will have in the future without the weight to hold us back! ? ur doing amazing! Take care x x

Lots2lose said:
Thanks again for inspiring post! feeling a bit better today although even though I've been tired sleeplessness has been a big problem for me too. Goin to lay off water flavour today and hope that settles tummy. My heartburn has gone completely too amazing isn't it! I love what you said about this being a dream that can be realised and enjoying all those tomorrows we will have in the future without the weight to hold us back! ? ur doing amazing! Take care x x

Hi Autumn, The first week I really felt that hunger feeling late at night but I realised it was the time of night. I hadn't had a pack or bar in 3 or 4 hours and was getting the feeling that I wanted something. I found that a cup of boullion or broth got me through if I was up late. Then I could fall asleep.

Good advice, your body will stop craving something as tome goes on as it learns to adapt to the new routine. Xxx

Things have gone into overdrive lately on the work front and am exhausted but am still on course ladies! :) Had a 2lb weight-loss this week which I was not overly chuffed with lol but a loss is a loss! 2lbs I'll never see again woot!

Will post properly asap!

Still getting little sleep but am trying to have one of my soups later at night to stop my tummy hurting and I do feel better in general. Thanks for all the support and for the great advice ladies, hope you are all doing well also :gen126:

Hi Autumn, The first week I really felt that hunger feeling late at night but I realised it was the time of night. I hadn't had a pack or bar in 3 or 4 hours and was getting the feeling that I wanted something. I found that a cup of boullion or broth got me through if I was up late. Then I could fall asleep.

Fab idea, I have this, it helps with both the tummy and stops me feeling I am deprived, hope you are doing ok xx

I have been having the chocolate shake as a hot chocolate last thing at night and it feels like a real treat. I haven't had any hunger pains over night yet but food related dreams instead!!

Really pleased to hear your update and that you have found a way round the late night grumbles in the tum.

Doing well honey over a stone in three weeks x

Thanks for all the good wishes ladies! :) I feel a bit poopy that I have not been on since my last post but will hopefully have more time to type something of substance at the weekend. I do, however, want to update to let you know that I am still alive, kicking and this week I lost 6 and a half pounds! Woot! Nearly fell over when I heard that lol.

Some days are better than others but now that I've been on it for 4 weeks, I am settling into the routine of it more and it's easier to just do it without over-thinking everything and being so busy is actually helping. I have little breaks here and there so being able to drink down a quick shake here and there is amazing! Plus, there's less washing up ;)

Hope you are all doing well. Much like Arnie, 'I'll be back':gen126:!

P.S. Nice new profile pic Lady T, you look amazing, you little skinny minnie you! :)

Oh Autumn, fantastic loss well done you. Glad to see you are still ticking along xx

Thanks Clarabow :hug99:

Have to tell you though that I am not happy with myself at all right now. An hour ago, I stuffed my face and now feel guilty as hell! I was doing so well and now I have been soooooo bad! I won't go into what I ate, as I don't want to tempt anyone else...but it was NAUGHTY! Grrr-ing at self as we speak and want to :cry:!

Not a good day but I suppose we all have them. There is a part of me that has fallen into the old....omg, I've lost a stone and a half....I'm allowed a treat! Aaaaaargh!

:break_diet:

Autumn Leaves said:
Thanks Clarabow :hug99:

Have to tell you though that I am not happy with myself at all right now. An hour ago, I stuffed my face and now feel guilty as hell! I was doing so well and now I have been soooooo bad! I won't go into what I ate, as I don't want to tempt anyone else...but it was NAUGHTY! Grrr-ing at self as we speak and want to :cry:!

Not a good day but I suppose we all have them. There is a part of me that has fallen into the old....omg, I've lost a stone and a half....I'm allowed a treat! Aaaaaargh!

:break_diet:

I know how u feel Hun. Don't beat yourself up. It happens to the best of us. Just forget that crooked thinking and self sabotage and start afresh tomoz.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

Yes, just move on and get focused again. I think it helps to have a near goal, then if you feel you 'deserve' a food treat for weight loss or clothes getting looser, think about that next piece of clothing you want to fit into, and you will know that 'treat' will stop you from reaching that goal.

Back