Average holiday weight gain??

LisaC

Gold Member
In 3 weeks time Im off on a 2 week holiday, its all-inclusive which is great but obv I know I wont be able to follow SW to a T. Im on green days everyday so I'll try my best.

I just wondered for anyone else who's been on holidays whilst on SW do you find you gain much away? My mum thinks I could gain around 4lbs but Im thinking going from SW to any type of food plus all the alcohol it could be something crazy like 10lb or even more :-(

Just wondered what to expect.

To be honest it will depend on how naughty you are! You could do one of two things either count everything so you know how you've done! Or you could forget everything, go nut and just be aware that you will gain - doesn't matter if you do, just as long as you're aware of it and know how to get it back off again :)

Dont forget, you will (probably) be swimming, walking about, site seeing etc... its all a form of exercise so it might not be as bad as you think. Anyway, what is two weeks off out of your whole life time? Enjoy your holiday and worry about your diet for when your home :)

Hi Lisa, I have a 2 week holiday at the end of July and I am worried too. I have heard people say that it is possible to gain as much as a stone, which scares me enourmously. I don't plan to go mad on holiday, but obviously not be as careful as at home. I also plan to do quite a lot of exercise, which should (hopefully) minimise the effects of a less-restrictive diet.
Tracy

I put on 1lb after a two week cruise, but one of the ladies that i worked with put on 10lbs.

and i wasnt especially careful.

I have just come back from a lovely week on a boat on the thames. Lovely meals and alcohol. I put on 3lbs which i was please with, but my cousin who was with me put on 11lbs!! I cant say she ate much different from me, so its seems very unfair! She has lost 8stone on weight watchers,and is fairly chilled about it.

Ok Im feeling kind of hopeful then....a lady at my group said she went to mexico for 2weeks once & gained a stone!! Thats what has worried me I think.

If Im honest whenever Im on an all-inc holiday I really dont eat very much but its the only time I drink a lot of alcohol. I dont want to be worrying about everything that passes my lips so I think I'll have to relax & enjoy myself & just hope for the best. Thankfully I come back on a wednesday & my weigh in isn't until the monday so it will give me a few days to get back into it.

Its a holiday hun, your there to chill and enjoy yourself!
We are going on an all inclusive holiday in september and a week-long-roadtrip in July so I think they diet will semi go out the window during them times.

Hiya, I put on 11lb last year (2 week hol) but I'm such a careful eater normally and have very small portions so I think it was such a shock to the system, my body was given all this wonderful food in unlimited amounts and just thought 'right I've got you now, I'm not gonna let you go!!!'. I learnt my lesson though and won't indulge quite as much this year...oh who am I kidding! You enjoy your holiday hun xxx

In 3 weeks time Im off on a 2 week holiday, its all-inclusive which is great but obv I know I wont be able to follow SW to a T. Im on green days everyday so I'll try my best.

I just wondered for anyone else who's been on holidays whilst on SW do you find you gain much away? My mum thinks I could gain around 4lbs but Im thinking going from SW to any type of food plus all the alcohol it could be something crazy like 10lb or even more :-(

Just wondered what to expect.

I'm worried about this too. We are going away in less than 2 weeks now and I have just reached target. I really don't want to undo all my hard work, especially as the last pound took 4 weeks to lose!

I think I'm going to stick to plan as much as poss food-wise, but enjoy a bit more to drink. Then I'll try to do plenty of swimming, walking, etc.

I was wondering if there were any SW friendly food items I could take in my suitcase... Maybe scan bran and marmite for when I get hungry between meals! I'm so going to miss all my fat free yogurts.

xx

I tend to put anything up to 4lb on during a weeks AI and I don't drink!!
For me, it's the lovely little cakes and fresh juice and cheese and bread which are my downfalls. I don't go mad but then I don't have to have too many indulgent treats to gain!
Just enjoy it, the gain can soon be undone. I have just had a week's holiday in the UK, cooked SW meals 6 nights out of 7 but had afternoon tea each day. I think I have gained a couple of pounds. Oh well, it soon comes off!
Enjoy your holiday, they don't come around too often.

i have been thinking the same thing we dont go till the end of august though! (i am a worrier!) i was thinking of doing extra easy or even mix to match. Luckily we are going self catering so i am going to take some rice and cous cous with me for lunches!
I know it is a holiday but if i have worked my bloody arse off to get to a decent weight i think it will make me more controlled. That said i havent had a sip of the sangria yet so im sure my tune will change when i am there!

Enjoy you holiday lisa!

Im off in 3 weeks & wanted to lose as much as possible before I go so Im working hard. Last year I went on a 2week holiday & lost (!!) 10lbs as I didnt eat much but I actually drank a ton. But going from SW to 'holiday food' isnt the same as everyday eating to 'holiday food'.

If I gain 4lbs I'll be chuffed but somehow I think it will a much higher number...!! Oh well I may be come back heavier but atleast I'll be tanned & heavier! ;-)

I'd say don't worry about it too much, but the advantage of SW over other diets (I think) is that it's much easier for it to become a habit, so I find that even when I think I've gone wild, when I think harder I realise that I've still focussed mostly on free foods and just gone a bit over on syns.

There are bound to be lots of nice free things like lean meats, pasta/rice/potatoey things, fruit, salads etc, I'd think, so try and fill up on those and just try not to go too crazy on the high syn stuff.

We're away for a month in the summer (i know lucky me) but i don't want to undo all my hard work. Luckily not AI, self catering but i plan to eat out else it's not a holiday. I'm just trying to plan ahead and think about "good" choices, but also resign myself to the fact i may put on. i plan to swim lengths every morning and walk to the bakery every day to get bread etc for the kids as well which is about a mile - mile and half round trip. Sometimes you just gotta let it go and enjoy.

Back