Average losses on 1200?

Pingu6

Gold Member
Hi everyone

Currently doing exante and I've lost a stone and a half on it but struggling. I think I may be developing a problem with purging and laxative abuse for which I will seek help but looking into calorie counting to do in the meantime.
I would like to stick to 1200 cals, I'm 5'7 and would love to lose 2lbs/week. I can do some walking a couple of times a week and fit in wiifit and/or shred. I'm very busy with 3 little ones so haven't a lot of time. Anyway is this doable? Would be interested in hearing losses and results people have had with similar stats?
Would appreciate the advice.

Thank you :) xXx

Firstly, if you're starting to develop what seems to be an eating disorder then you should try to see your doctor for some support. Hugs to you, and well done for trying to nip it in the bud.

It depends on your weight, age, lifestyle (job activity - e.g. a chef would burn more than me, sat at my desk all day!) and height. At 5 foot and under 10 stone, I lose a lot less on 1200 than somebody taller and heavier. Go to myfitnesspal.com (when it stops acting up) and it will tell you how many calories you'd need to consume to lose 2lbs a week or, if that's not possible, how much you'd lose on 1200 each week.

Fattack said:
Firstly, if you're starting to develop what seems to be an eating disorder then you should try to see your doctor for some support. Hugs to you, and well done for trying to nip it in the bud.

It depends on your weight, age, lifestyle (job activity - e.g. a chef would burn more than me, sat at my desk all day!) and height. At 5 foot and under 10 stone, I lose a lot less on 1200 than somebody taller and heavier. Go to myfitnesspal.com (when it stops acting up) and it will tell you how many calories you'd need to consume to lose 2lbs a week or, if that's not possible, how much you'd lose on 1200 each week.

Lol yup it's a bit slow, already on there as 'Noor13'. Aw thanks for the hugs, well needed and right back at ya, feeling a bit down in the dumps from being sick all night.
I worked it out on another site and I got 1100. So Il have a go at mfp again in a bit.

If you have any golden rules, tips would really help thanks! X

Good luck with CC. MFP is a fab site, I couldn't have lost the weight without it. It's so nice to have friends on here and MFP, they really keep you motivated.
I'm Shazzabir if you want to add me as a friend on MFP :)

Hi crystal :) looking at your signature (on iPhone so can't see ur stats) i think we're similar weights/heights? (5"10 and 187lbs) and I've been managing to lose around 2lbs each week on 1200-1400 with some exercise thrown in :)
I also have three kids and you can get a decent burn in with the wii :) especially if you invest in the zumba one!!!! Hoooeeeee it's a sweater lol
It's good that your recognising you may have a problem and I'm sure you don't need me to tell you but your little ones need you to be well. So I'm really glad your seeking help :)
I've had struggles and problems with binge eating for years and I'm winning at the mo but there's still slip ups :( confronting an 'eating disorder' like that can be very gruelling so my advice to you is to be gentle with yourself. Set targets based on what's manageable rather than a set lbs per week. It always feels better being under calorie goal than over :)
Best of luck and I'm sure you'll do well!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just from a quick glance at your BMI, I wouldn't go under 1200 as you're also quite tall! You should get decent losses on 1200 ^^ Sending you a friend request on MFP too - my mfp name is also fattack.

Back