Avery.Liz In The Making {A Diary}

Avery.Liz

I'm definitely not a diary kind of person, but I suppose it could help. I've tried writing a blog, but with no readers, feedback, or support, it's kind of pointless. So, after reading some success stories and other diaries, I decided to make my own.

I've always known I was a little overweight, probably since grade 5. But what really kicked in was that a group of friends and I were at the park and it started raining. And we had to run to a friend's house. I was so out of breath, and that's when I realized how terribly out of shape I am.

14 July 2010 is the official start.

It's not a diet. In fact, I don't even have a diet to follow. I'm just trying drink a lot of water, eat three, healthy, portion-appropriate meals and a snack or two, along with working out. A LOT. A whole heck of a lot, in fact.

I'm starting out at 165 (I'm 5 foot 7) and want to be at 130 by 7 September 2010. But if I could get down to 115 (my goal weight) that would be awesome. But that's a lot to ask in just under two months. I'm also trying to clear up my mild acne, and hopefully the combination of these two will result in more confidence!

I want to be healthy for myself, but also for other trivial reasons. I mean, who doesn't think about the reaction they'll get when people see them thin? Also, there's the whole "I wonder if so and so will like me?" Stupid, yes. But is it a factor? Absolutely.

So, that's the start of my diary, mostly rantings and just a place to get this out.
-Avery.Liz :rolleyes:

Day One

Breakfast:
Plain Oatmeal
Strawberries

Lunch:
6-inch turkey sub on wheat, no cheese and light mayo
A "few" chips :/

Dinner:
Salisbury Steak (Lean turkey burger patty, small with mushroom sauce)
Mashed potatoes no butter
Broccoli

Snacks:
Yogurt

Water:
12 glasses

Exercise:
1 hour trampoline {this is actually fun... :p }
20 minutes bike ride
20 minutes running
100 arm weight repetitions
100 sit ups
100 pushups {not straight through... haha!}

Last edited:
^Thanks, Emma! :)
---
Oh my gosh, please tell me this gets easier as you go on! :O I went on only a twenty minute jog (probably only ten minutes of actual running and the rest walking) and I was SO out of breath it wasn't even funny. It was even slow paced as well. Only after a minute or two I got really out of breath.

This made me realize how seriously out of shape I am. That needs to change! I want to be able to run around without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack! :p

I just have to keep easing myself into this, I guess. Slowly increasing the time, and hopefully it will improve. I know it should, I just can't believe how hard it was the first day!

First day of anything is always tough, it will definitely get easier just try and set yourself small targets. You'll see a difference fairly quickly in your stamina. You seem determined so I'm sure you'll get to where you want to be.

Just try and celebrate your achievements and today was an achievement, as you did something you wouldn't have done yesterday. Just taking it a day at a time works for me to keep my motivation levels up.

X

I'd love to go on a trampoline but i think if i stood on one it would just sag until my feet were on the floor. I if i did manage to get bouncing, again i think i'd need braces for my shorts.(those who read my diary will know what i am talking about)LOL
Good for you anyway. I've never been so determined as i have been since i've been on here.

Heya, you've made a really good start, I'm sure ou'll do great.
Don't push yourself too hard all at once with the exercise, you'll only knacker yourself out or hurt yourself, so that you can't do it hte next day. But you're doing really well, with the exercise so far. I've heard that walking fast up a hill is better than running full pelt for twice as long on flat ground, go find a hill, lol.
Best wishes, keep up the good work :)

^Thanks everyone.
---
Had a REALLY bad past couple of days. Swam for about five hours, but ate horribly. Cupcakes, frosting, caramel, not to mention food that isn't necessarily bad for you, but a LOT of it.

Somehow I'm holding steady at about 164. Thank goodness!

That was the swimming that cancelled everything out. Keep swimming.
I find the weekends the worst. Especially if i'm not busy. I get bored then i wanna eat. Managed not to eat crappy stuff this weekend.

Back