Avidlite???

Losing it for good

Hi Guys,

Have been on CD since January but have seen some posts about Avidlite which is much cheaper and delivered to you!

I just want to see if anyone is using the products and if so, other than having no CDC are there any differences? Is the weight loss about the same:confused:

Losing it for good x :wave_cry:

never heard of it, maybe asking on the main diet board will help rather than in CDC.

Think its a form of the atkins diet, with shakes and food pack, had a look at it online, looks very expensive to me, couldnt fine a full explanation of what you should have. Check the website not much info on it.

I found a website for it, looks like its a company selling diet products.. not a diet in itself.

This is a quote from one of their pages..

About Me

Hi! My name is Sarah Mabbitt. I am 60 years old, have been married to Dr Allen Mabbitt for 39 years, and have four children aged 17 - 32, and one grandchild aged 3 and a second aged one. I had gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy) with my children, all of whom were very large, and was warned by my diabetes consultant 17 years ago (and by a midwife after my second child) that I would get full-time diabetes at some point. My consultant gave me no diet advice, but said that I had nothing to worry about as long as I wasn’t overweight. I thought this a rather odd remark, as I was 13 stone at the time!

To add to this, I had a high bad cholesterol level and a family history thereof, and of heart disease.

More About Me

Hence my particular interest in both losing weight and in lowering my blood glucose levels, and without increasing my "bad" cholesterol. Like many people, I had heard of the Atkins "diet" but had not taken particular notice, considering it just another fad diet not worth even reading about, until I watched the BBC 2 series, Diet Trials, about 5 years ago. However, it wasn’t until the very unfortunate death of Dr Atkins (by slipping over on an icy pavement while on his mile-long walk to work at the age of 72) that I went on the Atkins website and read masses of interesting stuff, bought some books, and logged into the site (free of charge) so that I could keep a daily and weekly journal on there. I have found this site invaluable and life-changing.

More and More About Me

In the first week of Atkins I lost a pound a day (I suspect rather more than you really should!), have slowed down since, but am still losing weight quicker and easier than I have done in the past with other diets. I have previously done Weightwatchers twice (with a 15 year gap), which I found successful, though difficult at times, but it did nothing to reduce my blood glucose levels or cholesterol. I also lapsed after reaching my goal weight, finding it difficult to maintain on a continuous basis. My blood glucose levels on Atkins, testing after a week, were HALF the figures for tests just before I started Atkins. I tested once a week for a few weeks, then tested once a month, and now only very occasionally, using a self-test glucose monitoring set bought from Boots the chemists for about £18. By continuing the Atkins approach, I hope to at least postpone the onset of diabetes, if not avoid it completely.

In most cases of type 2 diabetes ("late onset" though not always late!) the person has had diabetes, or a condition leading to it, for some time before diabetes is eventually diagnosed. Damage can be done without anyone’s knowledge.

After starting Atkins, I found that I was even more constipated than usual. This is not uncommon, particularly during Induction. The first remedy is to drink more water, then products that can help are psyllium husks (recommended by Atkins as the most natural, gentle and carb free way), digestive enzymes, and the Nature's Plus products, all of which are available in this online shop . Sweets and chocolate containing sweeteners, called polyols or sugar alcohols (also in our Glossary) can produce laxative effects if eaten in excess. This is given as a warning on all packets and in our shop, but I see it as a useful benefit should you be constipated!

Yet More About Me!

I consider myself to be particularly healthy, have plenty of energy and "get up and go". I get up, in fact, at 6.15 am on weekdays and have a brisk walk before breakfast - I never miss breakfast, one shouldn’t. I have taken a number of dietary supplements for some years, and find them absolutely invaluable. Once a day I take one of each of the following:

A multi-vitamin and vitamin tablet; there are a number of these to choose from in this online shop, with a range of prices; click Supplements on left. If you are a regular meat eater, it may be best to take a supplement that does not contain iron, as too much iron depletes the uptake of other important minerals, like zinc. If I am having a Nature's Plus shake I skip the supplement, as the shake contains a comprehensive range of natural added nutrients. I like to vary my supplements, as in nature; one does not eat the same thing every day!

Phyto Soya: this saw me through the menopause (I had none of the usual effects associated with the "change" like hot flushes) and continue to take it. Also good for the complexion. The soya in low carb shakes and bars etc also helps with this.

Ginkgo Biloba: now this is something else! I took this originally mainly to help with my circulation, to aid memory and to help prevent Alzheimers (my mother died in a hospital secure unit, sectioned under the Mental Health Act and I don’t want my children to go through the same experience with me). However, ginkgo biloba has had a fantastic unexpected bonus: in helping my circulation it has improved the circulation to a particular small part of the body that otherwise wasn’t reached! I now have a FANTASTIC sex life rather than just a good one. Available in this shop - ginkgo biloba, not my sex life.

Other supplements that I take occasionally are extra Vitamin C, or C and Zinc, or Cherry C, if there is a cold in the family, and/or a Cod Liver Oil capsule, and Vitamin B complex if I am particularly stressed. I watch that I don’t overdo the Vitamin A. Should you wish to contact me for any reason, you can do so by a variety of means (see Contact Us page) or simply by emailing me at [email protected].

Avid, Unit 1 Manor Park, Windsor Road, Bedford, England MK42 9HW; Telephone 01234 273400; Fax 01234 330324; Email [email protected]; Website Avidlite Low Carb Products

Back