avocado

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
i didnt realise they were soooo high in syns.

i made myself a salad then mistakenly looked up syn value after making my salad. i took out half the avocado to reduce it.

i love avocado. i am gutted. :mad:

I love it too Tara and the thing is, it's so good for you too. I hardly ever have it due to the syn value but love it sooooo much.

I'm with you chick, I feel your pain. :-(

It's a shame it's so high in syns but it's probably to discourage us from eating too much of it.
If you've got the syns it's so worth it though - it is SO good for you! It's tasty and it's all good fats. Think about it...an avocado is not going to make us fat! Cake yes, avocado no!

Put half in your salad and turn the other half into a face mask :D

Agreed hellie!! have 56g of avocado for 5 syns and then have the rest another day.

Not sure if you know, but to keep it from going brown, keep the stone in and cover the cut surfaces with lemon juice.

Enjoy it and reap the avocado benefits!

thanks ladies.

my DH bought me 5 of the lovely things.
i love avocado so much that i have avocado body cream from avon. i smother myself with it. when you first put it on i smell like an avocado.

avacados are syns! omg that would explain my staying the same this week since i ate like 3 of them! flipping heck i thought they were free being a vegetable :(

Syns, yes, but "good syns"! I would rather spend syns on an avocado than on some crisps.

My favourite sandwich is wholemeal bread, sliced avocado, sliced tomato, shredded basil, and just a little teeny weeny bit of olive oil. Very messy, very tasty!

My daughters first food was avacardo mixed with some breast milk, its heathier than any other fruit or baby rice or jar for weaning babies and she loved it. I think this is why she is so healthy and forward from that and breasmilk x

when i was pregnant with my eldest, i loved avocado prawn and lettuce rolls, yum, my mouth is watering at the thought of it.

I love avacado, mozerella and tomato salad with a drizzle of pesto mixed with vinegar. Delicious!

It's a shame about avacado's. I do miss them!!

I don't particularly like them in salad but I love half an advocado with the stone removed and filled with (low fat) cottage cheese mixed with fresh cracked peper and fresh chopped parsley mmmmmm. I also love guacamole.

I hadn't even looked it up as I assumed it was free food :(

Blimey Tara, that avocado has done your weight some damage!!!!

(I think you might have overdone the 5's in your current weight... ;) Might want to adjust those details so you dont have a BMI of 321.8 and nearly 2000lb to lose :8855:)

Well spotted, above ^^^! lol

I know, I miss avocado, too. I don't think I've had one since starting SW, as I tended to eate 3/4 a day, for a few days in a row, when I was having a 'thing' for them!

Does anyone know of any other fruit/veg that isn't free, and might be catching us out....?

Blimey Tara, that avocado has done your weight some damage!!!!

(I think you might have overdone the 5's in your current weight... ;) Might want to adjust those details so you dont have a BMI of 321.8 and nearly 2000lb to lose :8855:)

i couldnt put in .5 so done it this way. i know what i mean. :8855:

Back