avoiding alcohol

jools1986

Silver Member
being a student, I am going to be tempted quite often with drink.

I have decided not to tell anyone that I am doing this, last time I ust got talked out of it.

Trouble is, I am going to have to pretend I am drinking and hope they all get so drunk they wont notice I'm sober!

Any advice/tips

Soda water with ice - would look like a clear spirit with lemonade or tonic.

Im sorry but i personally think honesty is the best policy.

They talked you out of it last time because you let them! Be stronger girl!!!!! :)

Whatever you do, please don't drink alcohol whilst doing this diet. It can be dangerous. Honesty is best policy as Summer says and maybe just have sparkling water on ice for something different.
xxx

i wont drink no worries but to be honest they ust wont understand, to the point where i was getting vodka slipped into my glass!

i think i'll try and convince them i have voddy and lemonade!

If they don't understand and are willing to put you in danger by sabotaging you're drinks ya have to think are these really people you want to go out with?!!!

If they don't understand at are willing to put you in danger by sabotaging you're drinks ya have to think are these really people you want to go out with?!!!

You were reading my thoughts. I cant believe anyone who claims to be a friend would sabotage you like that, especially when alcohol can be so dangerous on a VLCD.

Mental! I never cease to be amazed at what kids today (sorry Racheal I realise that I am generalizing here but I'm only going by what I see on the streets and reported in the media) think is 'funny'.......this total lack of respect for another human being to the point of being potentially life-threatening is incredulous! And this is from so-called educated kids with, one would have assumed, more than an average ounce of intelligence.....the mind boggles.

Be strong babes, but I do understand your predicament, I was an ex-pat in Bermuda in the late '80's and believe me getting your drink spiked was the least of your worries. After a while I began to think that coke was entirely normal.....at that point I decided to come home TBH if I hadn't I'm not entirely sure that I would still be alive I've today!

they are all harmless, none of them have a weight issue and simply do not understand the struggle that I go though. They mean no malice at all, it is just a lack of understanding. Also when I have said I'm not drinking before, nobody else wants to drink around me and I feel like I ruin their night so I think I will just quietly sip soda water!

HARMLESS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Harmless when they'd be willing to spike your drink with alcohol when they clearly know nothing about your diet?

If they dont understand something they shouldnt be doing it!!!

It's THEIR problem if they don't want to drink because you arent.
What are ye guna do if they buy you an alcoholic drink because you've told them youve got one but really you havent?

I'm sorry but i really cant make sense of this situation!!! Its absolte ludacris why you'd want to go out with people like that.

I think my mates would do the same tbh, not out of spite or anything, just 'ohh have 1 drink it wont hurt' kinda thing. They really dont understand and just want u to join in and have fun, i know for a fact my mates would be shoving drinks in my face which is the reason ive not been out since being on the diet bcos it just wudnt work lol I think its really hard to be sociable on this diet, just stick to water though it would be such a shame to mess it up just for 1night, and the guilt that would come afterwards lol x

Thats exactly why you should be honest and tell them what the diet entails etc and tell them exactly why you can't have alcohol!

I think my mates would do the same tbh, not out of spite or anything, just 'ohh have 1 drink it wont hurt' kinda thing. They really dont understand and just want u to join in and have fun, i know for a fact my mates would be shoving drinks in my face which is the reason ive not been out since being on the diet bcos it just wudnt work lol I think its really hard to be sociable on this diet, just stick to water though it would be such a shame to mess it up just for 1night, and the guilt that would come afterwards lol x

exactly.
I have made a decision to not tell people I am on a VLCD, purely because I feel its my choice and nobody needs to know what I do. Plus I don't need people telling me how bad this is for me, I know it isn't and it's for me to worry about.

So they have no idea how dangerous it is for me to drink, they just think I've been to the gym a bit, they are all 18-24 yr old boys who just wouldn't understand.

I can assure you that I wouldn't go out with anyone who I felt would intentionally harm me

I agree with Summergirl there. Start as you mean to go on. Be honest, also maybe avoid a party or two...it won't harm. Later when you emerge as the new slimmer you they will wonder who the 'new' gal is...confident, honest, slim and sipping a soda...so what...result. :drunk: or :angel09:!!

I wont be avoiding any parties!
The minute I put my life on hold because of LT is the day I quit, I need to learn how to incorporate it into my life, not for it to become my life!

thanks for all the advice, I'll just sip sparkling water silently and pretend its voddy and tonic and then I don't have to explain to anybody

Back