Aw shucks - I am taller too lol

Quak

Gold Member
Been to Docs for a check up this morning and she measured me and I am 4ft 10.9 which as far as I am concerned is 4ft 11 for chart purposes so that means my BMI is slightly lower than it was and that I don't need to lose quite as much to get to goal which I have reset as 8st 7lbs from 8st 3lbs to get me under the 25 BMI mark. So that means just 10lbs to lose to GOAL :D:eek::D
She checked my blood pressure and for the first time in my adult life I am NORMAL - so the threat of medication has gone away :D:D:D

Am feeling very happy with my lot and she also said I had not done too much and that I could afford to lose a little more to get to the healthy range - hopefully that has put my OH's mind at rest (and a few folks at work too) who have been on at me for a while to stop.
I will carry on as I have been doing, eating most if not every day but only good, healthy fresh stuff to retrain me in the right way to eat. My one good thing is that I am craving salads and veggies of all things which really helps! Daily treat is half a dozen slices of cucumber with hummous on it when I get home before I walk the dog, plus my fruit and 0% yog with half a bar crumbled in it for supper.

Sorry, rambling, but soooooo chuffed :D

Good news indeed. I've noticed a few people who've found out they've grown 1/2" or so, I wonder if the excess weight was compressing the spine??

Anyway, just 10lb to go is fantastic, bet it feels almost like a dream, and congratulations on the normal blood pressure. Love the idea of crumbling the bar into your yogurt. I have 0% yogurt with fruit every evening so might try it with the bar tonight.

Good luck with the final few pounds...................

To read how much you've lost is an inspiration to a newbie like me. Well done!

Cheers Gina - the bar trick is really yummy, I soooooooooo look forward to it :)

Thanks Britchic - I hope it inspires you and others lots and lots!

Bren xx

Fab stuff, go you!!!!!

xxxx

Back