Awards in meeting.

spangex

OK so I dont have a long list of awards(3 so far) - but even though I go and stay for every meeting - my councillor has never anounced my awards. But her starting line each week is " well done eveyone this week we have ? awards to give out ...then reads them out. mines never included in the count.

I just get them written out and slipped back into my book by the WI lady.
Im not sure if im the only person this happens to at my meeting as its quite discrete.

I'm really proud about my loss - so just wondering do they only read out long term memmbers or something?

I got SW read out but thats a given.

I sound really spoilt dont i? : (

No you don't sound spoilt at all! There's nothing wrong with wanting a bit of public recognition for your efforts. At my meeting, all awards are awarded publicly by the C at the start of the meeting - no matter if the member has been there for 7 days or 7 years! The exception is if the member in question has asked not to be included publicly because they are a bit shy or whatever. Could that be what has happened here? Could your C think you'd prefer not to recieve your award publicly for some reason? In any case, I'd have a quiet word with her at the end of your meeting and ask about it.

They only slipped them into our books if we weren't staying for the talk etc.

Are you going to the same group as when you first signed up?

I joined a different group then changed. It was at my new group where I got my half stone. The WI lady gave the sticker straight to me. Which was fine as I didn't stay for IT back then.

Since then on weeks when I have stayed I noticed the WI lady writing people's names on the stickers and my C announcing them at the beginning of IT. That got me wondering how the WI lady knew I wouldn't stay.

I think when she put my card in the wee machine it came up as visitor so they were expecting I would weigh and go. I've now officially changed to this group so will see what happens when I get my 1 stone (hopefully next week!).

When we get an award our weigh in lady asks if we are staying to meeting. If we don't then she gives us our book and award back but of we are staying the keep our book with the award in the C can hand back our award back with our book at the start of the meeting. I would ask why you aren't being read out. I would be upset if this was happening to me too x x x

i help with the weighing in my class, we ask if the member is staying, if they are not we hand it to them, if they are we place it to one side for the consultant to hand out at the begining of the class

If the weigh lady has not kept your book back, your consultant might have missed that you have got an award. It's an easy mistake to make, but you could send her a text to let her know what's happened so she can make sure you get recognition.

The C knows who has an award asit shows up on the PDA

Our weigh lady always gives us our books back and asks if we're staying or not, if not, she writes out our certificate and gives us our sticky award there & then, if we're staying the C does IT, then awards, then SOTW finally doing a raffle

When the group is busy, things are easy to get missed. Last week, my weigh lady came back after a 3 week break as she'd been on shift work, and missed keeping 4 people's book back for awards. I spotted this, and gave out those awards, but missed that someone had got their club 10.:booboo: As soon as I saw this, I sent that member a text message with an apology, and I will give her award in group this week. It's reminded me to double check the awards and not rely on my weigh lady to spot that someone has reached the next milestone. We're all human, and mistakes sometimes happen, but we need to know so we can put it right and not let it happen again.:)

Back