Awesome chips!!! :-D

Got to share this ladies (and maybe gents!?!),

Took delivery of my highly anticipated Breville Halo Fryer yesterday and just made first batch of chips.....sooooo nice, perfectly crispy and super tasty! Just had them with SW syn free curry sauce, mushy peas and chicken breast - feel like I've had a naughty takeaway, but was all only 1/2 syn. Think I will be eating chips a lot more now! :)

2nd weigh in tomorrow...not expecting another 7.5lb but as long as it's going in the right direction!

Happy slimming! :)

This sounds interesting.... So do you put oil in? How long do they take? I may invest and go halfs with my mum as we do SW together and shes not mad on the normal sw chips. Thanks in advance x

Hello! Would highly recommend it....you put 1tbsp oil in for 1kg chips, so one serving comes to 1/2 syn. You can do lots of different food in it too, stir frys/meat/veg etc. I'm going to try roast potatoes in it this weekend! Only a couple of minor downsides - 1) it takes 35mins to cook the chips, but it is so worth the wait and 2) it is a huge gadget so you will need to make sure there is space for it. Hope this helps? xx

Great! Ordering one tonight! Currys has it online for £79 at the moment I think that it quite reasonable!

The wait time doesnt fuss me as i find oven chips also take agesssss!

Thanks again .. Cant wait ! Xx

I paid £79 too, think that's a bargain as 'Actifrys' are £150 onwards! Enjoy! xx
Yeah don't know how I'd feel about paying £150! That's tugging at the purse strings a little to much!

I have read reviews that are saying because of the spinner, chips get mushed up and stuck? Is this true? Others are saying its fab!

I think they would only get mashed up if you put too many in, it did knock them around a bit but they came out looking very rustic and it made them crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle....I think that's a good thing, but I guess it's personal preference. Not sure - I haven't checked the instructions - but I imagine you can take the paddle out if you didn't want it in there. It all comes apart very easily and it doesn't make any difference to the basket. xx

Back