Babs does Diet Chef - See if I Drop a Dress Size in 28 Days!

babs_ok

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and really felt the need to write a diary of my progress and keep my inspiration going when it lags behind, even if no one does read it :).

First, A little abit about myself, I am 42 years old, I am the mother of 3 boys ages 23, 17 and 15 and a nan to gorgeous little girl who is 10 months old. Oh and not forgetting a wife to my DH who I have been with since I was 15.

I have slowly put on weight over the last year weighing 11st last Christmas and now to my absolute shock weigh 13st exactly - way to much for my height 5'2 (and a half!).

Anyway, I have decided to do something about it. Over the years I have followed various diets, including weightwatchers, atkins (made me feel very ill!) and slimming world. I briefly tried the shakes and bars ones, but sorry, I NEED real food!

I first heard about dietchef after reading and article in the news of the world mag about similar companies, but they seemed way to expensive, after browsing the net, I came across diet chef, which seemed the answer to my prayers, as my biggest problem when dieting is that I can never get myself organised, I always end up resorting to a takeaway because I have forgot to go shopping for healthy alternatives! So I took the bull by the horns and ordered 28 days of stuff. stocked up on fresh veg and fruit (with some in the freezer for backup!) and I started the diet on Monday - So today is day 3.

However, I also have an added factor. I am currently undergoing a round of IVF as me and hubby would love another baby, but IVF is the only way as he had a failed vasectomy reversal a few years ago. I started my down regging drugs (puts me into the menopause temporarily) on Monday as well!

Anyway, back to the diet, so far I am loving it! Feel full and everything is quite nice taste wise - not too keen on the chocolate granola or bar, but thats because I don't like chocolate puds (only like proper chocolate bars!) or chocolate cereals.

So thats my story - will keep you updated to my progress as I go along!

Well, diet still going well and not even the slightest bit hungry. However, today I had a near disaster as the dog nearly ate my tomato soup! Because I have 4 weeks of food and it takes up a bit of space, I am keeping it in the utility room. Just managed to catch the dog in time, coming out of there with one of my pouches in her mouth!

Anyway, that took the decision of which soup to have today and what can I say, it was gorgeous! My favourite so far! On top of this I had the plain granola (prefer this to the chocolate one!) this morning with my milk allowence and I've had an apple mid afternoon for a snack. Still got my main meal, one piece of fruit and my snack bar to look forward to whilst watching the telly tonight.

Off now to secure my food stash in a better place away from the dog!

There is a few others doing diet chef on this site and they have had good losses. Keep on track, you have the best reason now to keep you motivated. Do take my hat off to you, going back to having a little one after 15 years.

Hello, good luck on your journey, I am the same also 5' nothing & nearly 13 stone.
Can I ask if you work full time etc? Im wondering if these diets work on people who arent very active. Im currently unemployed & am riding my bike twice a day to try to make up for the lack of activity a full time job would give me. Im trying a calorie cutting diet but would love to know the outcome of yours :)

Hi Hun, Good luck on your journey!!!! Thinking of heading down the Diet Chef path myself......Taz x

Back