Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Ooooh you gym bunny:bunnydance: Well Done xx

I have you goan pork curry on the menu for this week, does it result in a sauce at all, do you think it will be quite dry with rice. I am thinking that hubby and the older boys are used to indian curry with a creamy sauce and am wondering if I need to 'make sure' there is enough liquid in it to cover the rice?

Mel x

Hi Mel

hmmm - its an odd one is the Goan pork -because you don't get much sauce -just liquid, which I bubble right down, Hubby loves it and always has it on rice with peas in,
When I first made it I never thought hubby would like it as its not a typical curry type recipe -hmmmmmmmmm now Im pondering -perhaps you could try stirring in some quark, creme fraiche, low fat soft cheese -to sort of "cream it up a bit" :p but then you would proably need to "up" the chili as the creamy will take some of the kick out of it.

I hope it goes down well -we love it, yet we don't like many curries :confused: -I probably like it because of the vinegar ;)

Its very much a "test n adjust" recipe, as it will vary according to the pork cut, how long you cook it..
Last time I made it I used some big ole joints -the flat ones on the bone (they were on offer :p) and it made the best one yet as you get extra flavour from the bones and all the meat just dropped off anyway...
Well that doesn't really help much does it :eek: -hope it works out well

Hi my sweet. I am currently trawling through your diary (yes really) to find lots of ideas for the red days that will DEFINITELY lie before me.

I'm going to London tomorrow.. until Friday! And then have friends wedding on Friday! So probably won't actually be cooking until Saturday (wow, how bad does that sound?!) but am SO happy to be coming back to SW! I am going to find a notebook and pen etc... mean business this time. and YOU are my inspiration Mrs xx

I wrote a post and lost it - pah! Only a load of ole waffle though so won't repeat, but suffice to say its been a lovely weekend and I hope you're OK?!!

(Ela ine, welcome back and well done for getting so organised again!)

Thank you sweet cherry pie :D

Capricorn - have you been making magic porridge?!x

Goooooood evening all

Thanks Surreygal -I see you are still doing great too :clap: have a great week Mrs...

Ela ine -hope you have a good weekend away :vibes: -
I can recommend the buffalo chicken -its great cold as a snacky -really tasty ;) or chucked on salads
I used to love what folks call magic porridge -but sort of stopped having it :confused:
BUT I have found out that I now prefer mine if I don't make it the night before. I put my oats in a dish with 1tsp of wheat germ and put my frozen berries ontop and leave it on the worktop overnight then in the morning just before I eat it, I stir in the yoghurt -then nomnomnom -I started having it as my 2nd brekkie when I get back from the gym :giggle:(I can't eat owt heavy before) -although I do have 2 cold boiled chucky eggs and an activia at 6am *which is technically the middle of the night*

How odd Cherry -I wrote a long post earlier and lost mine too -so had a strop :rotflmao:. Glad you had a great weekend -despite the rain :p

Well ladies the fridge is now stuffed to the hilt -so we are all set for another week :happy036:
Im going to the gym in the morning (hubby has PT in there anyway so I may as well cadge a lift) -so here is my red carb curfew for tomorrow :-
6am
  • 2 boiled eggs
    [*]activia (2.5)
    [*]3 brazils (3)
    [*]4 almonds (2)
    [*]4x 1/2 walnuts
    (4)
10am
  • 28g oats (B)
    [*]1tsp wheatgerm (0.5)
    [*]mixed berries
    [*]fat free natural yog
    [*]2 plums
    [*]2 apricots
2pm
  • turkey breast steak
    [*]42g feta (A)
    [*]113g lentils (B)
    [*]1/4tsp olive oil (0.5)
    [*]garlic
    [*]spinach
6pm
  • rump steak (2) -for marinade -will adjust when I make it
  • 1/4tsp olive oil :-to stir-fry
  • onions
    [*]garlic
    [*]mushrooms
    [*]peppers
  • 250ml semi (A)
Soooo a grand total of 2A+Bs and 14.5syns

Right Im off for a quick catch up and then off to the land of nod :D
Sleep well all ...

Well -Im baccccccck :D

Thats my exercise done for another day :bunnydance:
I changed it today (it was busy in there again) -so instead of grabbing a treadmill first off -I decided to go for the exercise bike... I did 22km and what I did was 4mins on level 3 and then 1min at levely 6-7 and repeated, so it was 45mins on there and then I went on the tread mill and did 2km, again I varied the speed up n down!
Now I "believe" its called *interval * training and is supposed to burn better -although don't quote me on that :p
All in all though I burnt just over 400cals so Im happy with that.

Tomorrow hubby is off on a golf comp so "no gym" for me -so it will either be a day off -OR I may do my shred -unless my amazon order arrives home with hubby tonight -in which case I will have a go at either the Tae Bo or the new wii workout game ;)

I don't have much planned for today -just going to have my 2nd brekkie :eating:, then phone mum and then vacuum through....

Hope everyone has a good day..keep at it folks -we are getting there :woohoo:

It is called interval training and it burns off a lot more calories because your heart rate goes higher. It also burns more calories after you've stopped working out. Imagine you're driving. If you keep braking and accelerating you use more fuel than a smooth ride. Interval training works the same way with calories. Keep going!

It is called interval training and it burns off a lot more calories because your heart rate goes higher. It also burns more calories after you've stopped working out. Imagine you're driving. If you keep braking and accelerating you use more fuel than a smooth ride. Interval training works the same way with calories. Keep going!

Ohhhh Thankyou -I was right *miracle*...what a great explanation:clap: -makes perfect sense.
I must admit it did take up more effort than staying at 1 level all the time -so I will be keeping it up, it was more interesting too,,,;)

Thank you for the quiche recipe..I am going to make it shortly, so I can have it for brekkie tomorrow. I want to save my HEbs for pittas at lunch. I will be chucking mushrooms and bacon in it too...dont suppose it matters whether the bacon is pre cooked or not, does it?

Mel x

Thank you for the quiche recipe..I am going to make it shortly, so I can have it for brekkie tomorrow. I want to save my HEbs for pittas at lunch. I will be chucking mushrooms and bacon in it too...dont suppose it matters whether the bacon is pre cooked or not, does it?

Mel x
Hi there

I always cook everything first so that any liquid can drain of so it doesn't go squishy when its baked.. and I don't add mushrooms for the same reason -although lots of other folks do :p
Hope you like it.... it really is great for those quick brekkies etc... hope you like it....

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG.......I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, it is the nicest quiche I have ever tasted. I made a HUUGE one too. onions, peppers, mushrooms blasted in micro and left to steam off, then chucked in dish, chopped up sausage and bacon chucked in dish, sliced feta layered on top of that then sliced baby toms layered onto the feta...I needed 8 Eggs to cover it all!!!

I had to try it tonight even though I wasn't in the slightest hungry haha, I had not long had a big fruit salad with yoghurt, but it looked so good. DH hates quiche (usually) BUT tried some and then moaned because I wouldn't let him have a bigger piece hahaha xx

Thank you for the initial mention of quiche and for the recipe you are a real treasure xxx

:happy036:

SO glad you like it, and they are so filling -not to mention adaptable according to what you have lurking in the bottom of the fridge ;). I have never been keen on quiche as lots to me are like egg custard with bits floating in it :yuk: -but since I started doing the feta one Im a convert -and I swear the biggest difference is using feta and not cheddar -it stays firmer.
My hubby didn't like the idea either but then got hooked - it was great for quick lunches at a weekend -Idhave mine cold with salad and he had hot with beans :D
Hope you have hid it from hubby ;)

It is cooling on the side ready to go in the fridge. I will be having it for my breakfast, definitely. I have to be ready and up the hospital in the morning so need a non-faffy breakfast anyway, this is just right.

As you say it is filling. I chopped it into 5, as I planned to use it as HEa, but the piece I tried tonight I chopped into half so I could share with dh and it was plenty big enough, so I think next time (probably next week lol) I will chop it into 7 slices and count it for 3.5 Syns, as it is the Full Fat version.

Can't wait for breakfast now lol x

Good Morning all

Hope you enjoyed your brekkie Mel :p

Well hubby left for golf at silly o'clock -so I had a bit of a lie in -well I was up at 7:45 ....but only so I could get breakfast by 8am ;)
My exer-beat wii game arrived last night so I have had a little play this morning, it seems ok so far -but I will report back when I have used a bit more of it.. I did end up rather warm though, so hopefully it wil help burn this wobble :cross:

Im making hubby a lasagne today -so Im making myself similar -but without the pasta and then Im having a plate of steamed cabbage with it :drool:
So then -my red carb curfew will look like this:-
8am
  • 198g stewed apple (B)
    [*]2 plums
    [*]2 apricots
  • haddock fillet
    [*]carrots
    [*]beans
    [*]spinach
    [*]71g peas
    (B)
4pm
  • melon
    [*]pineapple
    [*]activia (2.5)
    [*]10 almonds
    (5)
7pm
  • extra lean minced steak
    [*]onions
    [*]carrots
    [*]garlic
    [*]celery
    [*]peppers
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]quark
    [*]egg
    [*]28g extra strong cheddar (A)
    [*]28g low fat feta (3)
    [*]steamed cabbage
  • 250ml semi (A)
so thats 2A+Bs and 10.5 syns covered :D

Well I gave myself a lovely facial last night and painted my trotter nails :p ... why do we leave our lotions n potions in their bottles instead of using them on ourselves???? Anyway I have made a pledge that Im going to start using them as I should :copon:
Nothing much planned here for today -so I will get off and make a cuppa and then give mum a call
Have a lovely day everyone!!!

wow - you take some catching up to woman! And NEARLY 10STONE GONE! Wow - you are an inspiration (and have inspired me to make quiche tonight, too ;) - or well quichey loaf, but you get the idea!).

I've also been quite inspired by the warm beany salads - I had no idea you got so much for a HExB (and hadn't really thought of them at all, tbh) - I've a tuna, onion and bean salad that I'm pretty sure I can adapt and might other HexB some olive oil for, too :D

What a good call on the lotions and potions - you're right, we should USE them (they just go off or out of date when we don't and we're worth it, after all! :D). I need to go through all my bits and pieces, put them in places I'll grab them and start using them!

Afternoon all

Well, dinner is in the oven cooking away -then I can leave it to cool and warm mine up later and then zap hubbies when he gets in -smells yummmmmmmmmmy :drool:
Whilst I was at it (and in a bid to use up some parts packets and not create more) I have made my lunch for tomorrow :clap:. I had smoked haddock for lunch -so cooked the last portion from that bag, then I zapped some spinach and squeezed it out, dropped it in a gratin dish, flaked over the haddock, added some baby tomatoes(sliced) and 28g of feta and then topped with the same Quark/egg/cheese topping I made for hubbies lasagne nomnomnom - so thats used some odds n sods up :D and means "no effort" tomorrow :sign0151: - so tomorrows lunch will be 1heA+3 syns :D
Woohoo Wenchi -nice to see you back, sounds like you have a busy ole time of it :eek: and :happy096: on still losing weight whils running all over the place :party0011:
I have really taken to beany based things -but as much as I love red kidney beans n chick peas cold - Broadbeans are winning for sheer quantity :whistle:
I have so many lotions n potions and its just silly to leave them sat there isn't it... Im planning on getting some spares whilst we are out here as they are cheaper in the naafi (I like clarins) -although they aren't as cheap as they used to be -but then again "what is?" :sigh:

Well Im hoping to get in the gym in the morning but it depends on my achillies :mad: -It was giving my grief late on yesterday and ts eased off a bit now-but its not quite right. I didn't know what I had done as I didn't feel anything at the gym yesterday -but when I was rubbing in some ibuprofen gel I felt my scar and realised that its the leg I damaged. When I worked in a glass company someone skittled a sheet of glass and it cut into the achillies and gave me 23 stitches :rolleyes: -So I guess it might just be a little weaker than the other one. Either way -lets hope I can get into the gym :cross: -Im going to be naffed off if I can't -cor blimey Im becoming a gym bunny :rotflmao:

Anyway -enough waffle from me -I will get off and do some more catching up
Have a great afternoon all and keep at it - we are getting there :banana dancer:

Good morning all

Made it to the gymble this morning :D -I laid claim to a bike and did 25km -4mins at level 1 and then 1 min at level 5-6 ..... it made my heart rate move up n down between 120 and 150 -so hopefully it will help -then I finished off on one of those weird reclining bike jobby things :p -my leg behaved itself too:clap:

SO then, another red carb curfew day for me... and it looks like this:-
6am
  • 1/2 red grapefruit
    [*]fresh pineapple
10am
  • 28g oats (B)
    [*]1tsp wheat germ (0.5)
    [*]natural low fat yog
    [*]198g stewed apple (B)
    [*]3 fresh apricots
2pm
  • smoked haddock n spinach mornay (A+3)
  • 10 almonds (5)
  • 5 brazils (5)
6pm
  • Garlic marinated pork steaks
    [*]carrots
    [*]cabbage
    [*]cauliflower
  • 250ml semi (A)
So I make that 2A+Bs and 13.5 syns
I really enjoyed my 2nd brekkie again -and cor it was a bowl full :giggle:
Right -I will get of and catch up and then make a cuppa.. have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work!!!

Back