Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Gooooooooood morning all :wavey:

3lbs off for me this week :bunnydance: -so the "scale gods" were kind to me :p... just 1.5lbs now and I will get my 10st shiney :party0011:

That's amazing loss Capricorn, I think your wii exercises help along too.
There was a young woman on my SW group, she lost between 2- 4 Ibs each week, she skipped breakfast, had free food lunch and a light meal in the evening with loads of speed food, her diet was mainly meat based. She produced some amazing results. It can be done and you have proved it too.
How do you draw line across, when you trying to cross something out, is that a special software you are using? Have a good day:D

Thanks Trace my lovely..
Glad you are on the mend :clap:-and I don't blame you for taking it easy and eating what you know won't upset you whilst you get back to full health.
For once Im not "camera dodging" :p -the programme for my camera has gone awol so I can't download anything :rolleyes: Hubby has offered to get me a new one as an early birthday presie -but I just haven't got around to choosing one yet :copon: -Im sure that once I get to target I will be sticking photos up -minus my head of course :giggle:
Hope you are having a nice weekend relax my lovely!!!

Thanks Dolphin...
I haven't been on my wii for a while -I go to the gym, play badminton and do the 30 day shred. I started off exercising using the wii -but Im now really into "proper" exercise :faint2:

I would never do what the lady you mention is doing :eek:- I was determined from the start to not put my body through any more cr*p (I abused it for long enough :eek:) so I don't skip meals (I eat every 4 hours)-especially not my brekkie :eating:. Right now my body gets pretty much whole foods only, and Im in the process of getting rid of the last few bits of processed stuff -I think its pretty much my activias and tickled veggie -oooh and a bit of bacon...(although there must be more bits)
to strike a line through something you "go advanced" and then there is an S with a line through it..you click that and then type the word in the gap...if that makes sense...

Well I have just had lunch and god it was scrummy ..it went something like this:-
*warm 1/4tsp olive oil in a non stick frying pan -
*add 1 finely chopped onion, 1/2 red pepper chopped, 6 button mushrooms -sliced
*grate in 2 cloves garlic
*add about 6 cherry tomatoes -halved
*2 HUGE handfuls of spinach -torn
*throw in 113g cooked lentils
*season and cook until softened
meanwhile I griddled 3 rashers of bacon until crispy, cut into chunks and mix through the lentil base..

I had mine with some cucumber and some onions and cucumber in balsamic... YUM YUM YUM

Woohoo! Well done!! Your loss so far is incredible!

Im happy today as I had a pair of jeans that my mum gave me about a year ago, and I've never been able to wear them. Today they for perfectly. They are a small 14:) I'm crediting my exercise for this as I've lost 3 inches from my hips in 4 weeks! X

Fantastic loss AGAIN Capricorn, WELL DONE.

Sorry, me again:eek:

I was just reading a thread on SW quiche and everyone seemed to have their own idea of the perfect quiche..... Anyway, You mentioned about me keeping one in the fridge for evening snacking.

Is what I was wondering is...How do you make yours?

Mel xx

to strike a line through something you "go advanced" and then there is an S with a line through it..you click that and then type the word in the gap...if that makes sense...

I looked at the shred dvd, too intensive for my bones, I've an arthritis ridden knee.
Sorry to clutter your thread but where is the Advanced button? :eek:

Hi Dolphin

When you start to type a reply -just below the box will be 2 options "post quick reply" OR "go advanced" -if you click the "go advanced" above where you type -you should see the S with a line through (near the smialy faces) click that and you will get it ;)

Hi Dolphin..

The box where youwrite your replies has two little buttons underneath, one is 'post quick reply' the other is 'go advanced' if you click that before typing it allows you to edit your post in many more ways...HTH xx

Thanks -Mini mog and mel:D

Mini -well done on size 14 (little ones at that :happy036:) and on the inch loss :bliss: In reality those kind of improvements are so much better than a number on the scales aren't they!! After all we don't walk round with our weigh on display (thank god :p) - but everyone can see if we have a fat *ss or not :rotflmao:
Keeo up the great work,,, you are going great guns!!

Hiya mel..
I have never been a fan of quiche :confused: - but I did take a shine to the crustles home made ones. I don't weigh and measure everything but I generally soften onions and peppers in the microwave, leave to cool (so any moisture evaporates ;))
then I drop it into a large non-stick tin, now I prefer low fat feta in mine (I found cheddar seems to leave the quiche "squishy") so I slice a whole pack of low fat feta and place on top of the veggies, top with sliced baby tomatoes and pour over about 6 eggs (depending on your tin) and bake until golden and firm..

Now I cut it into 7 that way a 200g block of low fat feta works out at 1heA per serving -OR even better just 3 syns ;)
I also sometimes do one with bacon in with doing red days -if you want green days you can add corn/peas or if you EE you can add em all :p.
I love it cold -with feta it goes really firm, and its great as a brekkie in a rush too ...
hope that waffle makes sense.. if not just yell me :D

I see a lot making it with cottage cheese/quark. Now, I really can't stand cottage cheese, so was wondering about the quark option? Your feta cheese one sounds lovely, but I imagine quark is a lot cheaper than feta? I usually always have cheddar/laughing cow cheese in too, so could add that.

Mel x

I see a lot making it with cottage cheese/quark. Now, I really can't stand cottage cheese, so was wondering about the quark option? Your feta cheese one sounds lovely, but I imagine quark is a lot cheaper than feta? I usually always have cheddar/laughing cow cheese in too, so could add that.

Mel x
I LOVE cottage cheese -but I can't imagine it in a quiche :yuk:

Im lucky as low fat feta is only 88c here -so its a fairly cheap option whan you get 7 servings from it -but you can easily use whatever you have in -if you are like me though and "don't like squishy" I would pack plenty of fillings in -they are great for using up odds n sods from the bottom of the fridge -and if you do EE/Green days -you could add leftover pasta -sliced boiled potato etc too. I think its just a case of test and adjust until you find what suits...

Thank You.

I am actually planning a few red days in this week so I am thinking this could be a great option for a lunch with a salad?

TBH, I actually have no Idea how much feta is here! lol x I am just guessing it is expensive. (So just checked and Asda do a 200g pack for £1.50, that isn't too bad!) Hopefully i could get a few days lunches/snacks out of that.

Thank you again lovely xx

Well done on the 3lbs - fantastic!!! That 10 stone will be yours - I'm excited for you!!!

That lunch sounds lovley, bacon and lentils are two of my fav things!!

Lazy afternoon here, been to see mum and dad this morning, home for a quick brunch and now sat down with the grand prix on - and hoping that the sun will come out so I can do tea outside on the barbie rather than indoors!

Enjoy your pamper session xxx

Mel...

Daft as it sounds -throwing feta in your quiche kind of stretches it to make it more economical than if you threw it on a salad -you probably don't need a whole pack -I just chuck it in to save faffing about with part packs in the fridge...

If there is much difference in price between low and full fat I would buy the full one as its 3.5syns per 28g -low fat is 3 syns -so not much in it...and they only allow the same amount for a heA :confused:
If you use a full pack and are doing red/EE and wanted to use your heA a quiche would be cut in 5 as you get 42g per heA -again I reckon its better to syn it and eat a smaller amount (better for us and our purses :D)

I love it cold with salad -or I roast off old sad looking tomatoes, peppers onions and make a tomato sauce to go with it mmm

ooh and whilst I think about it -I don't know if its just my tin -but I have found it best to take it out of its tin after it has stood a while -but not gone cold otherwise they seem to stick ;)

Hiya Cherrypie -thankyou :D
Im with you on bacon and lentil ...and it was smoked bacon too :drool:
Bet your not watching the grand prix now :giggle: -hubby is cussing because they have just stopped it :p
Sounds like you are having another good week,,,
Have a lovely evening!!

Hi Dolphin

When you start to type a reply -just below the box will be 2 options "post quick reply" OR "go advanced" -if you click the "go advanced" above where you type -you should see the S with a line through (near the smialy faces) click that and you will get it ;)

Sorry, I don't have "post quick reply" OR "go advanced" I simply have "submit reply" or "preview post". Does that mean I am already in Advanced mode, if so there is no S near the smilies. It's OK not a problem, just wanted to know where you got such editing facilities from:eek:

Sorry, I don't have "post quick reply" OR "go advanced" I simply have "submit reply" or "preview post". Does that mean I am already in Advanced mode, if so there is no S near the smilies. It's OK not a problem, just wanted to know where you got such editing facilities from:eek:

Sorry folks, all is not lost. I have realised that I am already in an "advanced mode" and discovered the $[STRIKE] on top of the [STRIKE]MAD smilie.[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] Have a good day everyone.

Hi Hun

just want to say hi and well done on the weight loss :happy096:

ive just done my online asda shop and order the ingrediants to make one of your lovely bean salads :drool:

il let you know how it turns out - keep up the good work :wavey:

Redmel. I buy asda smart price salad cheese. It's their cheap version of feta. Full fat but only 75p ish for a fairly good size pack. They also do a smartprice mozzarella, that's really yummy.

Thank You Wicca..I am at Asda on Tuesday, so i will have a good look x

Good morning all :wavey:

Back from the gym, all showered and clean :bliss:
I managed to sneak in before the lads PT started and then it was a case of us all swapping around as we were done :giggle:
So I managed :-
  • 2km run at 8km per hour -so 15mins
  • 1km row - 5mins
  • 15mins on hand bike
  • 30 mins on exercise bike
  • 5min bike test
so 1hr 10 done and dusted -and I gave it some welly today :p, I couldn't get on the stepper or cross trainer as they were busy ... but I will try and get a go on those tomorrow -although I won't bank on it as it will be PT time again....

Anyway thats me done n dusted for now -unless I decided to mow the lawn later,,,,
Im on my good ole red carb curfew again -so here it is:-
6am
  • 2 boiled eggs
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
10am
  • 28g oats (B)
    [*]1tsp wheatgerm (0.5)
    [*]activia (2.5)
    [*]mixed berries
    [*]10 almonds
    (5)
2pm
  • 1/4tsp olive oil (0.5)
    [*]garlic
    [*]mushrooms
    [*]peppers
    [*]onion
    [*]spinach
    [*]113g lentils (B)
    [*]42g feta (A)
    [*]balsamic
6pm
  • pork steak
    [*]lettuce
    [*]tomato
    [*]peppers
    [*]celery
    [*]radish
    [*]cucumber and onions in balsamic
  • 250ml semi (A)
Right -by my reckoning thats 2 A+Bs and 11syns
We need to nip shopping tonight so I will leave the salads done in the fridge, hubby is having jackets n cottage cheese -so the spuddlies wil go in the remoska as we go out ;)

Hi Skinny -hope the salad works out well -Im becoming addicted -as you can see, its lentils at the moment -because I opened a big can of them -so I get 5 servings out of it :giggle: -have to say the other beans are better "value" in terms of quantitiy for a heB though ;)
Hope you have a good week!!

Right thats me for now -off for my 2nd brekkie :bliss:

Back