Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Ohh those are lovely! I hope you've got some killer heels lined up for the shorter one! :D
I don't normally wear heels (wouldn't wear shoes at all if I could get away with it) but I need killer heels for the long one as Im a short ar*e :eek:... I like the long dress that much I may well wear it for both mess do's :p. Plus I have calf muscles like a Russian shot putter so unless the shorter dress falls a bit longer on me Im not gonna be happy wearing it :eek:
I have been making myself a necklace tonight :D -
Lesley -I will be looking for sturdy heels as according to Gok -skinny heels make larger ladies look heavier;) -plus I would no doubt snap skinny ones.

I have sworn though that when I get to target I will buy the highest pair of high heels and walk through Nottinginham in them -In honour of my sis who we lost to Cancer a couple of years back -she always teeter tottered out in killer heels -that she inevitably ended up carrying half way through the night :p

:gen125:*brrrrr* m-m-m morning all :gen125:
Blinkin hector is bloomin freezin here - still no snow, but we are white over with frost right now... just been out to defrost the bird bath again and its that cold it takes your breath away :winter_brr:
Anyhoo - Im down 2lbs this morning :happy036:which leaves me 1/2lb off my 6.5st shiney -so hopefully that will be mine next week :cross:.... Im planning to shake things up again this week so my body doesn't know what to expect :giggle:. I will decide my meal for the week once I have done this... I have plenty of food in *enough to feed a small army if the truth be told* :whistle:.....

Im under instruction from hubby that Im to go back to the sale on Yours and get myself some size 16s (his treat:happy036:)-now Im not be gonna be fitting in them for a while yet -but I have quite a lot of 18/20s and 18s -so apparently I may as well take advantage of the sales ... hubby declared that Im obviously going to need them (he is used to me falling on and off diets-so this whole me having willpower thing is a whole new experience for him :rotflmao:)
Im having a red day today and it looks like this (well it should):-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 4 plums
  • 2 clementines
  • pork steak cooked with onions and sage
  • 198g potato (B) -steamed
  • carrots
  • nobbies
  • cauli
  • gravy granules (1)
  • activia (2.5)
  • fruit
  • 3 pagan roll type thingies (6)
  • 28g cheddar (A)
  • cheese triangle (2)
  • tomato
  • peppers
  • fibre plus (B)
  • activia (2.5)
  • fruit
Now then -that covers 2A+Bs and 14 syns :woohoo:-thats as near to my 15 as damn it :p...
Well thats me done for now.... have a great day everyone and keep safe n warm...

Congratulations on your weight loss Capricorn, you are an inspiration!:) Love the dress by the way and hope you enjoy shopping for the size 16's. X

Hi Capricorn!!!! Congrats on another 2 lbs off!!!! You're doing SO brilliantly!!!

Well, it's my birthday today so the "diet" is out the window! The family are coming for roast dinner later (DD is cooking) and last night I went out for a yummy curry! Having said all that, my taties will be roasted the SW way cos I can't bear the thought of them cooked in oil anymore, the chicken skin will be pulled off and thrown away and I will have a mountain of veg! However, I did push the boat out at breakfast time and had 2 slices of thick wholemeal and as much low-fat Lurpak as I fancied, topped with Marmite!!!!! I know how to live!!!

It's very cold here too but no snow - yet!!! I hope it stays away too cos I don't want a repeat of last Winter when I fell over on the ice and broke my arm!

Anyway, keep up th good work and I'mlooking forward to seeingsome pics of you all glammed-up for the Mess do!

Bye for now, take care,

Lots of love,

Trace xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done you on your weight loss Capricorn :)
and i hope we see your necklace you have been making too.love things that are handmade..i make them out of dominones.xx

congrats on the loss Capricorn. xxx

Goooooooooood Morning ladies -from a now SNOWY Germany :23:-ooooohhh its blinkin freezin here... but as I only have to keep popping out to refresh the bird bath with warm water I will cope :giggle:

Well Im having a red day today and it looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 28g oats(B)
  • banana
  • apple
  • salmon fillet
  • tomato
  • peppers
  • activia (2.5)
  • frozen tropical fruit
  • hm meatballs
  • creamy garlic mushroom sauce (3)
  • 198g potato (B) -wedged in:-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • broccoli
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • activia (2.5)
  • plums
  • clementines
So that covers my 2A+Bs and 8.5 syns -so I will figure out what to do with the 6.5syns left over -might add some peas/corn to dinner...

Thanks for the congratulations and support everyone :thankyou:
Trace-hope you had a great birthday -ooohh toast with butter n marmite :drool: you know how to celebrate -nomnomnom.
Trudy -I used to make jewellery to sell on e-bay but I gave up as there was so much mass produced stuff. Im making something with lots of pretty glass/crystal/swarovski beads - I will post a pic once its done...

I have settled on this weeks main meals and if things go according to plan we will be having :-
  1. meatballs with garlic mushroom sauce -(3):checkmark green:
  2. cheese n bacon lasagne (A+4.5):checkmark green:
  3. corned beef hash (4)
  4. spanish rice with chicken n chorizo (2.5)
  5. braised chinese pork (4)
  6. chicken pizzaiola (A+2)
  7. haddock mornay pie (A+1.5)
I think that lot should keep me on the straight n narrow - Im planning on getting a big vat of cornedbeef hash made as hubby loves it and will take it for a couple of lunches at work -should keep him warm ;) -mind he has one of the spare remoskas at work now so he will take a portion of whatever I make for dinner to warm up the following day (makes life a lot easier too:D)

Right I had better get off and get my lunch... have a great day everyon -and keep up the great work!!

Last edited:
Your meals this week sound really yummy, I haven't had the chicken pizzaiola for ages, forgotten how nice it is, will have to put that on the list for next week. Very inspiring posts as always!

Your meals this week sound really yummy, I haven't had the chicken pizzaiola for ages, forgotten how nice it is, will have to put that on the list for next week. Very inspiring posts as always!

Thankyou..
I have to confess though that I have never had chicken pizzaiola before -I just saw the recipe and thought "oohhh they mention that on Everyone loves Raymond" (one of my fave things on the box) -how sad am I :rotflmao:

Well done on the loss. It's really chilly with us and all of Friday's snow is yet to thaw out so has gone icy and slippery grr. Means I take 3 times longer to walk anywhere as I take it slow slow slow to stop myself falling on my bum!
Have fun on the sales Mrs - I bet some of those size 16s might surprise you...
Meals next week sound yum... am intrigued about your cheese & bacon lasagne - sounds nice

Well done on the loss. It's really chilly with us and all of Friday's snow is yet to thaw out so has gone icy and slippery grr. Means I take 3 times longer to walk anywhere as I take it slow slow slow to stop myself falling on my bum!
Have fun on the sales Mrs - I bet some of those size 16s might surprise you...
Meals next week sound yum... am intrigued about your cheese & bacon lasagne - sounds nice

Hi Sarah
Looks like the snow is setting in here now too -although the gritter has been round and we live on a side street -thats one thing about Germany -they know how to keep the place running no matter how bad it gets :D and in the shopping areas they come out and little mini diggers that blow heat to de-ice the pavements. I don't plan on walking anywhere -I can bet I would spend more time on my backside too :p
I have ordered some stuff in the sales in 16s -mainly tops as I can't wait to hit the shops out here for jeans/trousers as they have some really funky stuff -so hopefully by spring/summer I will fit 16s properly :cross:

I will let you know how the lasagne goes -I have some packs of bacon in the freezer so i thought it was a good way to use some up -hope its nice :p
Hope you are having a good week....

meatballs with creamy garlic mushroom sauce recipe

Evening ladies :D

Oh my lordy -just had dinner ..... mmmmmmm and then some :drool:-twas a concoction as usual... here is the recipe ... the meatballs are pretty much the burger recipe I posted the other day :p

Meat balls with creamy garlic mushroom sauce
serves 4

4 syns per serving on red/EE
  1. 400g minced steak
  2. 1tsp soy sauce
  3. 1tbs capers - finely chopped
  4. 1tbs chopped pickled gherkin
  5. 2tbs fat free natural yoghurt
  • squish everything together and chill
  • I broke mine into 24x20g chunks and rolled into balls
  • place back in fridge until needed
  • then heat a large non-stick frying pan and drop the meatballs in and colour all over
  • pop in the oven and bake through -meanwhile make the sauce:-
Creamy garlic mushroom sauce:-
  1. 1/2 tsp oil (1)
  2. 1 large onion -finely chopped
  3. 3 cloves garlic -grated
  4. 300g mushrooms -now I use frozen ones, defrosted and squeezed out well
  5. 142ml pot single cream (14.5)
  6. seasoning
  • heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan
  • drop in the onion and cook until tender
  • add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until slightly coloured
  • season well and stir in the cream
  • keep over a gently heat and cook (don't have the heat too high as it may split/curdle)
  • once the meatballs are cooked -drop them into the sauce(along with any juices if you like) and keep over a low heat whilst you cook the pasta -then throw in the cooked pasta and toss to coat
Now I had mine with home made wedges and broccoli -hubby hasd spaghetti and was mighty impressed :p. I only charged myself 3 syns as I gave most of the sauce to hubby ;).
I will be snaffling anymore single cream I see "whoopsed" and freezing as I only have 1 pot in there now :D

Morning all :winter_brr:
Tis another chilly day -we had a little more snow arrive over night, but nothing major,,,
Hubby stopped off and picked water and milk up on his way home incase it got worse -so I can relax now.... I have to have lots of milk in as I get through loads :p

Well Im having a green day today so it will be:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 4 plums
  • 2 clementines
  • jacket potato
  • baked beans
  • activia (2.5)
  • apple
  • orange
  • cheese n bacon lasagne (A+4.5)
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • broccoli
  • fibre plus (B)
  • 3 ryvita (4.5)
  • 28g cheddar (B)
  • plums
righty-ho that uses 2A+Bs and 11.5syns
Im hoping the lasagne is nice -I might crisp up some slices of chorizo to add to hubbies dish .. and he will take the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Right -thats me for now.. have a great day everyone and keep safe n warm!

Oh my goodness Capricorn, you are a marvel!!!! Well done on another fab loss :) :)

Why thankyou :p

Well folks I have made the lasagne so just need to flick the remoska on later to bake it... smells nommy so pinkies crossed its a hit :cross:. Im doing broccoli, peas n corn with it ... *is it dinner time yet?* :giggle:

Good morning from a very :winter_brr: me .... we are ay -14 right now :bundledup:....
I defrosted the bird bath this morning -we have a big upturned dustbin lid, and I have just been out again and it had set solid :argh: ....I had to turn it over and pour hot water on the bottom to turn it out . Anyhow its now full of lovely warm water and the birds are having their very own jacuzzi :p.

Anyway -apart from the cold Im tickity boo :D

Im having another green day today -
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 4 plums
  • banana
  • jacket potato
  • 2 corn cobs
  • activia (2.5)
  • apple
  • orange
  • Spanish rice with chicken n chorizo (6)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus (B)
well that uses 2A+1B and 8.5syns ... so I will use a few more syns and my other heB along the way,,,
I have been sneaky with my plan today -I could have gone EE and not use so many syns up on dinner BUT by paying for the chicken and chorizo on a green day means I get 2A+Bs :giggle:-so it works out better.
Im really looking forward to dinner as I love that rice dish. ooohh the cheesy bacon lasagne was a hit :bliss:so I will post the recipe later...I even remembered to make note of what I used *very unlike me* :p
Right Im off for my lunch -have a great day everyone and keep warm!!

Hi Capricorn!!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello :)

Day three back on slimming world and going well so far. Thank you for your lovely supportive words the other day, really helped me feel better.

Anyway popped in for two reasons... One I ordered a few things from yourclothing, the same long dress as you, a military tunic and a jumper in the sale £7!

The dress looks ok i think! Not sure if I will be brave enough to wear it, I never wear dresses, and I need to get a cardy or something to wear with it. Its nice and long though which is good, at 5'9 its hard to get things long enough sometimes! So thank you for that tip of about that website, its a gem, have told my sister about it too :)

Also how was your lasagne? I have some roast chicken, bacon and spinach in the fridge I need using up and might make a lasagne tomorrow. How did you make your white sauce? I have a tub of crème freche in the fridge could I use that do you think?

Hope your ok and staying warm.. it took us 1.5 hours to get the car off the drive this morning- Also we didn't have a shovel or anything so had to use a baking tray! lol

Claire x

Back