Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Good morning Capricorn

It has really blown up here as well, windy, raining etc.. Not quite stormy but think thats in the pipe line.

Very impressed with your weeks plan on the fish week. I'm really going to give this a go as well, spoke to snuggles who said she did EE, but limited carbs.. But still gonna stick to Red most days with the EE day being on a saturday, as it just gives me that option to mix it is I need to.

With your fish cakes, will you mash up your potatoes with the skins on and mix it with fish? Of just use fish and herbs etc?

Prawn curry is just yummy, had that a few times and really liked that, but just seen your sweet and sour prawns, that would be nice with stir fry as well.

You have inspired me to get my act together and plan my week ahead, with all the salmon I have in the freezer, I could easily do Teriyaki salmon, salmon fish cakes and poached salmon salad even. To a fish week and beyond!

xx

Morning Nikki

Im sticking with my fishy week being done on RED -I actually get more carbs that way :confused:-when I did EE I was actualy giving myself less potato etc than I now get for a heB ...so I guess Im quite restrictive on my carbs anyway...

What Im doing with the fish cakes is use a 227g jacket potato (B)-peeled and steamed and then mashed as the base and then add the salmon fillet, spring onion etc.. so I know its all mine:sign0151: -hubby isn't keen on salmon -although I guess I could do a double batch and if he isn't interested I could freeze them:hmm:

I think that if I enjoy the fish week I might alternat between 1 week red and 1 week red/fishy ....
Hope you are having a good week...nearly holiday time for you isn't it :D

Righty ho leelea
here you go
red thai prawn+veg curry
serves 4
EE/red 2.5syns per serving
green 6syns per serving
  • 2 heaped tsp red thai curry paste
  • 284ml hot chicken stock
  • 142ml reduced fat coconut milk
  • 1 red pepper-cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1 green pepper-cut into bite sized pieces
  • 2 large carrots-peeled and cut into matchsticks
  • 1 medium tomato chopped
  • 1/2 headchinese leaf -shredded
  • 300g -frozen cooked and peeled prawns-defrosted and drained
  • 1tbs lime juice
  • 1tbs nam pla (thai fish sauce)
  • 14g corriander -chopped
  1. place thai paste in a large wok and gradually whisk in the stock and coconut milk until well combined
  2. bring to the boil and simmer for 2 mins
  3. add onion, peppers, carrot and tomato
  4. cover and simmer rapidly for 5 mins
  5. add the chinese leaves and cover and cook for 2 mins
  6. the veggies should all have a little bite in them
  7. add prawns and heat through for a minute or so
  8. stir in lime juice and fish sauce and serve garnished with coriander
grilled ginger + soy salmon with oriental veg noodles
serves 4
EE 1/2syn
  • 4 large skinless salmon fillets
  • 6tbs dark soy sauce
  • 2tsp finely grated ginger
  • 2 level tsp clear honey
  • ground black pepper
  • veg noodles
  • 2 cloves garlic-crushed
  • 1tsp finely chopped ginger
  • 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
  • 8 spring onions-cut into 2cm lengths
  • 85ml veg stock
  • 2tbs dark soy sauce
  • 198g baby corn-cut diagonally into 2cm pieces
  • 198g pak choi-chopped
  • 255g bean sprouts
  • 255g dried thin rice nooodles
  1. pre-heat the grill to medium
  2. mix all the marinade ingredients together
  3. pour over the salmon fillets-and coat well
  4. place under grill for 12-15mins
  5. meanwhile...
  6. heat a large non-stick wok over a high heat
  7. add garlic, ginger, chilli, spring onions, stock and soy sauceand stir fry gently for 4-5mins
  8. turn up to high add baby corn, pak choi and beansprouts-stir fry for 4-5mins unti veg are tender
  9. prepare the noodles according to the packet -drain well and add to the veggies-stir-fry for 1-2mins until hot
  10. remove from heat-divide between 4 plates and top with a salmon fillet
there you go -I guess you could soon tweak this to make it red friendly too ;)
right Im off to make my lunch -I have made a list of the PC of all the German names for various fish -so when we shop later it will be slightly less of a lucky dip :p
have a great day everyone :D

Thanks so much Capricorn :)
Will do those this week. Enjoy your shopping
Had my WI this morning and lost 2.5lbs so I'm quite happy x

Evening all

Well done on the loss Leelea :happy036: -hope you have another good week... let me know what those recipes come out like ;). I adore Thai food, but when had it (the last 3 times actually) I got the most incredible heart burn :eek::cry: -so I haven't had any for a while.. Im almost certain its the Lemongrass that is the problem :sigh:. My brother reckons that Siam Thai in Notts is lovely ;). We used to love Pretty Orchid -have you tried either? -not that Im trying to lead you astray :D

Well the shopping is done... I have picked up some fish including:-
  • rollmops ...
  • seafood sticks
  • a bag of mixed seafood for cooking
  • cod fillets
  • butterfly prawns -they are quite big so I won't need many
  • and "sea salmon" well thats the translation from German to English
  • and a couple more that don't translate :p
so my menu might change a bit :whistle:but we will see ;)
I think its safe to say that I have enough fish for a few weeks :p
Well I haven't been on the wii yet :eek: -I think Im having a lazy day, but we will see how I feel later (when huby has finished playing golf on the play station)
Right -in the end the kebabs I had for dinner were free -so i have only used 0.5 syns and so I might "splash out" and have a cereal bar with my iced coffee :D
Have a great night everyone.....

Thanks for posting the recipies, sound really tasty. I don't eat the fishes so I'd have to substitute the main ingredient.

Have a great week and enjoy your wii-ing later.

Q

Hey Capricorn,
Thanks for the recipes. Just had a prawn rogan josh for tea which was lovely, and bought Tesco express out of fruit and veg. Was really happy as lost 3lbs this week at weigh in (cue shocked but pleased expression). Think a fish week, and hopefully therefore another good loss will make me a happy girlie!
Hope everyone has had a good evening x

Morning all

Well done on your loss Giblet and :happy036:bloomin :happy036: on hitting your 100lb loss :eek:. That is AMAZING -you must be so happy and sooooo close to target too :woohoo:....
Hope you have another good week...
Hi Q -I love fish but hubby isn't a fan so I will be doing some tweaking of my own-so we can have pretty much the same thing -just fish in mine :p

Well folks this week is romping by Sunday comes around so quickly ...
so then-my meal plan for today is:-
  • 3 rashers smoked bacon
  • mushrooms
  • fresh tomatoes
  • melon
  • pineapple
  • cherries
  • banana
  • natural yogurt
  • beef steak
  • 227g jacket (B)(wedged)
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • salad
  • fruit
  • 250ml semi (A)X2
  • 2tsp camp (1)
  • 1 cereal bar (B)
So that will be my A+Bs used and 1.5syns,,, again, I will try and use some more as I go...
right -thats me done for now... have a great day everyone...

Morning Capricorn.

The fish week is looming now.. and your WI too, this week has flown by. Not sure I'll be on here tomorrow, but good luck with your WI on Sunday hun x

I love steak with lots of pepper on top and have that for tomorrows meal with salad. Got grilled cajun pork steaks tonight with veggies :).

Trying to plan a whole week of fish meals isn't that hard really. My week runs from Tuesday to Monday, so my week looks a little like this..

Salmon fish cakes and wedges with salad for Monday(R),
Prawn and Muscles with pasta for Tuesday(EE),
Salmon Steaks with stir fry for Wed (Red), Fish pie made with swede/carrot mash (r) for Thurs,
Prawn Risotto (EE) for Friday
Tuna Pasta Bake (EE) for Saturday
Grilled Tuna Steaks with veggies - Sunday

Lunches in the week at work will consist of Salads with Mackeral, Tuna or Prawns and a small w/meal roll. Will have to see about sat and sun quick lunches, but have rollmops in fridge and I do like those too.

Then WI day on Monday so won't have a plan as of yet, lol.. but probably have a chineese style meal, stir fry with noodles maybe.

I'm not expecting a loss like Snuggle, so 4lb will be great if I got that, I'd be over the moon. Someone has said that maybe a white meat week, might have the same effect, so might aim for chicken, turkey, tuna and pork for the next week to see if that works, lol. It's healthy and I do think that tricking your body by giving it diff foods now and then must work, don't you think?

Afternoon all

oohh eck -it is so blinkin hot again :giveup:
Hi Nikki -I don't mind if I don't get a massive loss -Im happy enough losing as I am, but every little helps doesn't it!! Im more looking forward to eating different things...

So I had my brekkie as planned and then just fruit for lunch.... so I STILL need to get some syns down me:rolleyes:

well I was "list making" again the other day and so I have drawn up a list of my mini goals -but I can't cram it all into my signature -so Im going to plonk it on the end of my post and then keep moving it (when I remember) so I can cross them off as I go...
When its all written down it doesn't seem that bad *I must want my head looking at*:p.... Ayway -my first one is to get 2lb off and then it will mean I have lost 1/3 of what I need to :bliss:
well I have done some time on the wii -and will try and get on again later (once it has cooled down a tad),,
right I had better get off-have a great day everyone :D

---------------------------------------------
Mini steps on my road to being "wobble free"

1. -2lb=1/3 of the weight off
  2. -6lb=3.5st award
  3. -8.5lb=into the 15s
  4. -13lb=4st award
  5. -20lb=4.5st award
  6. -22.5lb=into the 14s
  7. -24.5lb -half way there
  8. -27lb=5st award
  9. -34lb=5.5st award
  10. -36.5lb=into the13s
  11. -41lb=6st award
  12. -48lb =6.5st award
  13. -50.5lb =into the 12s
  14. -55lb =7st award
  15. -62lb=7.5st award
  16. -64.5lb=into the 11s
  17. -69=8st award
  18. -73lb =8.5st award
  19. -75.5lb=into the 10s
  20. -80lb=9st award
  21. -87lb=9.5st award
  22. -92lb GOAL :D

Last edited:
Thats a good way to look at this, in small bite size chunks of lb's off, but in real terms of each goal too and what it will give you. I'm now a 1/4 of the way through and have what I feel so much more to loose, but each week chips just a little more off, so thats something to be happy about. :)

Helloooooooooooooooo!!!!! Sorry I've been AWOL. Did you miss me? I've been having trouble with my internet connection for some reason so at the beginning of the week I couldn't get on here very often. Then on Tuesday evening my computer went totally t*ts up (scuse my language) and refused to do anything. :cry:Yesterday morning I took it to a computer repair shop and they wanted £72.50 just to open it up and find out what was wrong with it!! :eek: So I declined their kind offer and rang round a few places. I discovered that it appears the computer (it's a Mac btw) is beyond economic repair so last nite me and my plastic friend went looking for a new computer. I'm now the proud owner of a Samsung netbook :D So I set it all up but still couldn't connect to the internet so I rang the AOL helpline this afternoon - et voila!!! Here I am again!

Sorry to ramble on so much! Anyway, I didn't turn to food once and have lost another pound!! I'm back to my pre-concerts weight and would like to lose another 3 lbs before I go on my cruise with my Mum in 4 weeks time. It should be doable - dread to think what I'll weight when we get back though!!! :D:D

Glad to see you're still doing brilliantly Capricorn. The fishy week sounds a great idea but I don't know if I could do it for a whole week. However, I did buy some salmon, cod and tuna in Asda earlier so will deffo eat more fish than usual next week.

That's it for now. Have a lovely weekend everyone, Tracy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love the mini-goals Capricorn :) I'm about 2 stone off target, but I've no idea what I'll be like at that weight as I haven't been there since I was about 10 years old! Might change it depending on how I go....
Hope your day has gone well? My superfree challenge seems to be going well so far (1 day in) although I'm thinking that I need to plan a bit better to get 10 in EVERY day (no more lazy lunches of crackers and laughing cow for me) x

Evening ladies..will someone pleasssssse send us some rain :cry:-it is so flippin hot -it now 10:45pm and 82degrees :cry:- its awful -even with the fan on full welly..
Anyway -Moan over....

Hellooooo you lovely lot... thanks for coming to see me :D
Nikki -its odd, because Im really not daunted by how much I have to lose :clap:-I know that I did this to myself and only I can un-do it. Somehow I have become really calm and relaxed about it all -normally Im manic, going at WW like a loon and the first time I don't get the loss I think I deserve I would head for the fridge :eek:This time I know Im sticking to it -so I know that even if it doesn't show 1 week -it will eventually. This is the first time I think WHEN and not IF I get to goal!
I know it sounds odd but I like to think big sis is giving me a bit of extra help;)
Im sure you will get to goal -you seem to have the same mind set -knowing that it is coming off and every ounce is a step in the right direction...keep at it ;)
Hiya Trace -of course I have missed you:flowers: . Sounds like the plastic took a hammering -but you can't be without your PC can you now!!!! Glad you are up n running again:clap:
well done on the loss :happy036:I told you that you would get that "concert/London" bit back off again in no time ;), I bet you will get that 3lb off in time for your jollies too-and you are into your last stone now aren't you :girlpower:
Im not sure how my fish week will go -but I will try it and see ...I do love fish but a whole week of twice a day may test that :p...
Hope you have a great week -and keep at it...take care and talk to you soon :D
Giblet -I got down to a size 16 about 20years ago -and even then I thought I was huge :mad: -I came across a pair of size 16 jeans in my sorting out the other week -I swear they look tiny (I thought 1 of my teenage nieces had left them ages ago):eek:guess it shows how your perceptions change...
Im glad you are doing well with your superfree foods -I eat shed loads of fruit and veg (perhaps to much fruit if Im honest)..,, have a lovely week

Im having problems getting my syns eaten again folks... so as of SUNDAY as well as doing a fish week I WILL be making myself eat 15syns a day (or as near as damn it) -Im sure I said this a couple of weeks ago and I failed miserably:eek:
Im hoping that it will be easier this week as I know that fish doesn't keep me feeling full as long as chicken etc does -so I might need those syns. Im pencilling in one of those kelloggs fibre plus bars in -every evening with my iced coffe -so thats 5.5 out of the way :p
I want everyone to yell at me if I drop under 10syns please *no excuses allowed from me* :sigh:

I got 1hr 5mins done on the wii EA sports trainer thing today -god I was pooped by the time I had done -but I felt great...and I have clocked up 4500 steps -not great, but not too bad..
Anyway Im sure that is more than enough waffle -and thankyou to anyone who stayed awake for it all :giggle:
sleep well everyone and here is to a great weekend for us all...

Gooooood morning one and all :D
:secret:its lovely and overcast here at the moment :D..Im not saying it out loud in case it hears me and gets hot again!!!

SO then folks -how is everyone diddling?
Im all ready for weigh in tomorrow so I can start a nice new week and shake things up a little!!

my meal plan for today is:-
  • fruit
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • red/yellow peppers
  • celery
  • carrot
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • seafood sticks
  • melon
  • pineapple
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp(0.5)
  • lamb steak -stir-fried with
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • carrots
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • peppers
  • carrot
  • broccoli
  • cauli
  • 71g peas (B)
  • fruit
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • kelloggs fibre plus bar (B)
So that is my A+Bs accounted for and a whole 1.5syns :p...
I have taken a piece of white fish and a salmon fillet out of the freezer so i can make the fish cakes later and let them stand overnight in the fridge to firm up. Im going to be giving hubby the same *with some parsley sauce* -lets see if that makes them a bit more palletable for him :giggle:. Bless his socks he said he would do fish week with me -but Im not going to make him have fish every night as he isn't a great fan of it.... although if I give him meat on his salads for lunch it wouldn't be so bad...

Thinking about it I can probably give him :-
  • fishcakes with parsley sauce
  • prawn salad with steamed potatoes
  • steamed white fish with cheese sauce (using 1A+B +2syns) -with potatoes n veg
  • sweet n sour prawns (or prawn curry)
I know he will eat those and at least its 4 meals out of 7...oohooh and If I use some of the seafood mix in a creamy white wine sauce -he would eat that on pasta!!
hmmmm I think I might be re-doing my meal plan AGAIN :eek:..well you can't say I don't think about these things can you :rotflmao:

Right I had better stop waffling and get on the wii whilst its relatively cool :party0049:
Have a great day everyone and keep up the great work,,,,

just had to come out of lurking on your diary to say love,love,love it!!! really enjoy reading your updates daily hun!! you are doing so well and i always get good tips and motivation from it too so thankyou.

Glad its overcast where you are today, and it rains just enought for it to cool it down.

Mmm just saw the mixed seafood, in creamey sauce.. I have some of that and was gonna do a seafood tagitelle in the week, but thats another option.

Would usually have something a little naughty after WI, only a slice of white bread toasted with some half fat spread, but ooohh its lovely being a bad girl once a weel, lol.. but on Monday I have planned to do Aqua, so no time for toast and butter.

Wishing you a good WI tomorrow, as always, and enjoy your eve xx

Loads of luck for weigh in tomorrow Capricorn - I'll be "tuning" in to see how you got on :) x

Good evening ladies...

Glad you came out of hiding luverick and thankyou for the lovely comment too... hope you pop in and out when you want..

Nikki-it has been much cooler today thank heavens -lets hope it lasts. I LOVED home made bread -really thick-still warm from the oven slathered with organic butter -strong cheddar and boiled beetroot :drool: -*perhaps there is a clue there as to why I got as big as I did* :whistle:. I haven't had any breat at all now for 12 weeks -and Im not missing it..but I know myself well enough to know that 1 slice would start a munchy landslide :eek:...
I never have been one for moderation -Im an "all or nothing girl" :giggle:
Giblet -thanks for thinking of me -I have my pinkies crossed although I feel a bit bloaty at the moment ... still we will wait n see what the scales have to say for themselves :p

Well Im late updating my piccies again.. so here I go -catching up..
piri piri turkey kebabs

friday lunch

pepper + mushroom steak with wedges

crabstick salad for todays lunch

and lamb stir fry with 1/2tbs sweet chilli sauce.. was lovely:Dand I only used 1 steak between us -so hubby can have the other one tomorrow when I have fish ;)

well -I have managed 40 mins EA sports interactiv, 40mins just dance and 5120 steps (so far).
I need to use another Aand 2Bs as I didn't add peas to the stirfry... although I have used an extra 0.5syns *go me* :p
Right I will get off for now..hope you all have a great evening....

Good luck with you WI tomorrow lovely.
Getting my boyfriend to cook the salmon recipe you posted for me next week so I'll let you know how that turns out :)
Haven't been to those thai places...have you ever been to Tarn Thai? it's really good there. Hope you're well x

Hi there :wavey:

I'm a total newbie, in fact this is my first post!:sign0144:

I've just spent the last few hours reading through all of this thread and wanted to say congratulations on your success so far. You seem really focused and motivated and I wish you the best of luck for your weigh in tomorrow.

If you don't mind I'll follow your progress and hope some of your focus rubs off :cross:

Best wishes, JJ

Back