Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Thankyou valerie :D-

Its a bit of a :D+:( day for me as its also the anniversary of my dads death too :sigh:, its only the last few years I have begun having my birthday on the proper date..still I know he wouldn't want me to be all :cry: so I will think of him with a great big smile on my face....

Well folks I will post the recipe for the kolkata chili chicken tomorrow in case anyone wants to give it a whirl... I tamed it down a bit but boy oh boy it still had a kick :eek: ...twas yummy though -good job too as there is half of it left in the fridge so will probably do something with it for tomorrows lunch ;)
Anyhoo -whilst Im here I will post tomorrows plan...

another red day :-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 28g oats (B)
  • banana
  • apple
  • kolkata chicken (2.5) -stir-fried with
  • carrots
  • mushrooms
  • peppers
  • lamb and swede hotpot
  • nobbies
  • cabbage
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • activia (2.5)
  • fruit allowance:-
  • 1 apple
  • 6 clementines
  • frozen cherries
now that should be 2A+Bs and 11syns accounted for .

If the weather isn't silly tomorrow then we might nip out to get some more sparkling water -we are downe to 14x1.5lt bottles and that won't last long... so no doubt I will grab a few more bits whilst Im there :p
Right I will get off again,,,, have a lovely evening all!!

Happy birthday Capricorn. I will be thinking of you today as you have both the happy and sad moments.

For some reason I hadn't read your thread before but I was aware of you as being one of the 'big losers' here and hence an inspiration for many of us as we started our journeys (along with Madame La Minx, Ian etc etc - please don't be offended if I missed you off the list anyone, I haven't mentioned everyone). So I will be following your thread from now on and hope to have a chance to read some (if not all) of the previous pages.

A massive congratulations on your losses so far (and now being under BMI 30 - brilliant !) and thanks for being an inspiration and motivation for the rest of us.

Gail x

Happy Birthday my lovely! :553: I hope you manage to have a happy day, despite it being a bittersweet date. xxx

Well done on your willpower during this festive season too! You are absolutely right about wanting to be slim and fit being far more important than a few seasonal treats - it's just remembering that all the time that I find hard!!!

The best pressie Santa could leave me this Christmas is a nice package of willpower to keep me going all the way to target next year!

5.gif

I hope you have a lovely day x

:birthday: Capricorn.

Hope you have a good day, whatever you do.

And yes please to the kolkata chilli chicken recipe!!

kolkata chilli chicken recipe

Good afternoon all and thankyou for the birthday wishes :thankyou:...
Well we managed to nip out this morning and get the water and of course a few more bits threw themselves into the trolley as I went past :whistle: ..look, is it my fault if the put clementines on offer as 59c for 1kg :giggle: ... although when I went to put them away I realised that I now have a total of 9kgs of them :drool: .... so I will be eating more of those and less of my other fruit for a few days *what a shame ehh;)*

another red day for me:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • apple
  • kolkata chicken (2.5) -stir-fried with
  • carrots
  • mushrooms
  • peppers
  • broccoli
  • lamb and swede hotpot
  • nobbies
  • cabbage
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • activia (2.5)
  • 12 clementines
now that should be 2A+1B and 11syns accounted for, so I will have to figure out a use for my other hexB later...
We have just had the leftover Kalkota chicken and yep it was just as hot as I remembered :p -I will definitely be doing it again ..strange as Im not normally a fan of hot stuff :confused:
oooh and hubby got me lots of smellies(I wasn't expecting anything as he got me the wii earlier in the year)-so I shall be having a long hot soak later -he got me the SW mag too so that will go with me :D, ohhh and a cuppa :p(I know how to live it up :rotflmao:)...and the bath smellies are "chocolate waffle syrup" "blueberry pie", "cafe latte" and a very scrummy "toffee caramel syrup" one mmmmm

gl12282 -Thankyou, and please don't read the whole diary or you will be ready for the men in white coats by the time you are done ;)
Spanx-You don't need santa to bring you any willpower -you have been doing great :clap: -hope he brings you something nice though,,,

righty ho then -here is the recipe
kolkata chilli chicken
serves 4 @ 3syns per serving on red/EE

marinade:-
  1. 2tbs dark soy sauce
  2. 1tsp hot chilli powder
  3. 1tsp salt
  4. 2tbs cornflour (7)
  5. knob of root ginger -finely grated
  6. 4 cloves garlic - grated
  7. 2tbs malt vinegar
  8. 2tbs tomato purree (1)
  9. 2tsp demerara sugar (2)
  10. 1/2tsp oil (1)
  11. 2 medium onions -finely chopped
  1. 4 chicken breasts- cut into bite size chunks
  2. 1/2tsp oil (1)
  3. 2 red chillis -chopped I used 1 without seeds
  4. 1tsp ground white pepper -I used 1/2tsp
  • mix numbers 1-9 together in a large non-metallic bowl
  • heat 1tsp oil in a large nonstick frying pan and cook the onions until softened but not coloured
  • cool and then stir into the marinade
  • add the chicken and coat, cover and chill for at least 30 mins
  • heat the other 1tsp oil in a large nonstick frying pan
  • add the chillis and white pepper and cook over a low heat for 1 mins (watch your nose as it goes straight for it:eek:)
  • add the chicken and marinade and fry for 10 mins until the chicken is cooked through....serve on tice etc,,,,
Now then I found that I needed to add a slug of water several times during cooking so it didn't just stick -SOOOOO next time Im only using 1tbs of cornflour (which as a bonus will save 3.5syns) and to be honest I reckon it might be worth giving the cornflour a miss all together... so I might try that first and save 7 syns ;) and if you use spray oil well thats another 2 syns saved :p
Righty-ho I will get off now and get my magazine read..
have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work!!!

Happy birthday Capricorn - hope you enjoy your well deserved soak in the bath!

And it always makes me giggle how much shopping you end up buying - I can't imagine what 9kg of clemantines would look like in my fruit bowl!

Good morning all and thankyou for all my birthday wishes :D -I had a lovely quiet n restfull day :D

Well, we have had a bit more snow over night, but nothing drastic...good job too as there is about 18" out there at the moment...not that we are planning on going out if we can help it.. the paths are clear and the bird table/bath re-stocked so thats us done :clap:

Soooooo then, Im planning another red day today which should look like this:-
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • salmon fillet
  • tickled cabbage
  • beetroot
  • tomato
  • turkey steak
  • cabbage
  • carrots
  • 198g potato (B)
  • creamy mushroom sauce (4):-
  • mushrooms
  • onions
  • garlic
  • single cream
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • activia (2.5)
  • 12 clementines
  • 1 apple
so that should be 2A+Bs and 12.5syns accounted for!!!
I know its a bit odd having turkey before xmas day, but its odd as I really don't rate roast turkey, but like turkey steaks :confused: -so I just decided that is what we are having for dinner. Hubby will have the last of the mechado beef stew with mash n peas for a quick lunch and then thats us sorted;). oooohh and I have some bread underway, Im still not eating bread -but hubby loves home made and as I haven't made any for a while and have lots of bread flour and fresh yeast in I thought I would spoil him :p
Right I think thats about me for now...no doubt I will be back again later rambling as usual :giggle:
Hope everyone is well -have a good day and "keep at it" :clap:

12 clementines??!!! Wow! I would have thought that that much fruit would slow your losses but clearly it is not! Right, that's it, I've got become a fruitaholic... Well, maybe after Christmas..... :)

12 clementines??!!! Wow! I would have thought that that much fruit would slow your losses but clearly it is not! Right, that's it, I've got become a fruitaholic... Well, maybe after Christmas..... :)
:secret:Thats me cutting down too :rotflmao:
Im trying to cut down the amount of fruit I have as I appretiate that it is still calories Im consuming -BUT -in my defence I think that having access to the amount of fruit I do stops me from craving junk, so all in all its not soooo bad :whistle:. If I was to try and restrict my fruit to much then I would probably end up thinking "mmmm I fancy something sweet" . Left to my own devices I would quite happily sit with a 2kg net of clementines on my knee instead of my meal :eek:

I know its a bit odd having turkey before xmas day, but its odd as I really don't rate roast turkey, but like turkey steaks

I'm exactly the same - I have NEVER coooked a roast turkey!! Yet I love turkey mince, steaks, stir fry etc! Only time I like roast turkey is in salads etc - and that's only if I eat out, I never do it at home!

We're having duck breast for Christmas lunch with a port jus (and lots of naughty accompaniments :eek:) so no turkey in our house either!

Well, I don't think it is doing you any harm, and sounds like a good idea to keep occupied when the biscuit barrel is calling... Does a chocolate orange count as a piece of fruit??!! I seem to be getting through a few of those these past weeks... :)

Back