Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Morning Capricorn.

As you can see from the nice new shiny, the scales were good to me. :D
The challenge this week is just to STS - as I usually find that if it's illness-related weight loss, it goes back as soon as you start to eat normally again. So I've cooked up another batch of SuperSpeed soup, and here's hoping!! But I'm happy with the loss anyway - just 1 stone and a measly half a pound to go now! :woohoo:

It's great that you're going to do the Nepal trek. I've been seriously thinking about doing something "when I get there" - I really must start planning it now, mustn't I.

Also - I know that way back somewhere very early in your thread you did say which site you use to order all these clothes from, but I can't find it. Can you remind me? Ta everso.

Right, must get on. Supposed to be working. But I expect I'll be back, lurking, later!

Good evening all

Hiya sarah.. can't keep calling you Jim can I :p...
Well done on your loss and your lovely new shiney :happy096:.. bet you are thrilled to bits... Im with you -with a 3lb loss over xmas It will be interesting to see what the scales say this week ..*positive thoughts* -we will be fine :vibes:....
Im really hoping I can get on that particular trek - I like the idea of giving myself plenty of time to get fit and get the money together, my sis would be thrilled as she loved her jollies -in fact she even made them arrange her chemo around her holidays :eek: -although with hindsight we now know it was because she knew that there was nothing they could do -she never told anyone that she was terminal.... so she was cramming her holidays in where she could :clap:...
One of those sites I use for clothes was www.yoursclothing.co.uk
but they only go as small as a 16 -so I doubt they will ne of use to you :D... la redoute have some good sales on at times too... and "very" have a good one on at the moment....

Well folks we nipped shopping and I was :angel09:... got my fruit, veg, milk n water and just a couple of other bits :D -anyhoo -somehow my meal plan ended up nothing like planned :confused:...it was still red and looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • home made veg soup
  • activia (2.5)
  • home made schnitzel (2)
  • 227g potato (B) wedged in:-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • tickled cabbage
  • tickle beetroot
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • fruit.... far too much to mention :p-but consisted of pears, plums, apricots
So by the time I have my fibre plus and a cuppa that will be 2A+B and 5 syns...
I have finished of my plotting to use up the contents of the freezer today and now have the meals planned for the next 14 weeks :rotflmao:
Right -that is enough jibber jabber from me for now -sleep well all......

Hiya sarah.. can't keep calling you Jim can I :p...

Oh, I answer to anything! I've been Jim as well as Sarah for about 25 years, so I really do answer to that too!

One of those sites I use for clothes was www.yoursclothing.co.uk
but they only go as small as a 16 -so I doubt they will ne of use to you :D... la redoute have some good sales on at times too... and "very" have a good one on at the moment....

Oh, that's interesting. I haven't been onto Yours website, but we have a shop locally that I have frequented for years, and yes - they're all a bit big now!! (Sad cos I like the clothes, but not sad for the reason that I can't wear them any more!)

I'll have to have a look at some of the others. Thanks for the info.

And good luck on that pesky little 1 1/2lb that you need to get your 2011 off to the best of starts. I'll be rooting for you.

Good afternoon all

Thanks elb -how are things with you? had a good christmas I hope :D

Ok -Jim it is then :p...
Its ridiculous isn't it..I have spent yearssssss needing big sizes and I have always hated Evans with a passion -and now at last I find "yours" and love their clothes and hopefully soon I will be to small to shop there which is :mad: AND :happy036: at the same time :rotflmao:.. although right now I have a wardrobe full of their stuff :giggle:thats where all my xmas pressies from hubby came from. So hopefully next time I have to replace everything it will be in a run of the mill shop and size 14s -I have loads of 16 and 18s at the moment -most of the 16s fit-but will obviously look a lot better with a few more lbs off,,
Anyway -I hope you are having a good week...

Well folks I have had my walk this morning 1hr30mins of trudging through the snow to the supermarket and back -we needed a new mouse -and of course I picked up a few bits whilst I was there :copon:.... although twas only :-
  • 4 packs of my activia intensely -on offer @ €1.49
  • a 1.2kg pack of minced steak -hubby fancies chili tonight so some will make that and the rest will split n freeze
  • a huge (600g) Argentinian rump steak -was whoopsed :p - I will probably cut it in half and then each piece will make us a stir-fry ;)
  • oohhh and some kassler(pork loin) -imagine a cross between really thick ham and smoked bacon... tis yummy and I got 5 thick steaks whoopsed to €1
Anyway I couldn't let bargains pass me by could I :eek:
Now I really really must stop it ....

Well Im going for another red day today and it should look like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 banana
  • home made veg soup
  • 3 crisp breads (B)
  • sf jelly n berries (0.5)
  • 1/2 activia (1.25)
  • kassler
  • leeks
  • asparagus
  • peppers
  • sf jelly n berries (0.5)
  • 1/2 activia (1.25)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • fruit allowance :-
  • 2 oranges
  • 1 apple
  • 3 plums
  • 3 apricots
Right -so that will be 2 A+Bs and 3.5syns accounted for.....
Ok -so I will get off for now and make hubby an omelette for his lunch whilst y soup re-heats... have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work!!

Hi Capricorn,

It's so fantastic to see how well you've been doing - a massive well done to you!

I love how organised you are with planning your menus each day, it's far more organised than I could ever be!

C xx

mmmmmmmm ............. kassler ..............:drool::drool::drool:
It is rather special isn't it :eat:, I hadn't had any in a while and I forgot just how much I like it.. I think that its because I LOVE LOVE LOVE bacon -but I like it wobbly and only just cooked :giggle:(a habbit I inherited from my dad -everyone else in our family likes meat cremated :confused: I like it wobbly n chewy)..oohh and I want to be able to leave the fat ON... but obviously I can't and well, lets be honest bacon without fat on is just not the same is it :sigh: -this way I get to have all the flavour of smoked bacon and the texture of thick bacon/gammon but without any fat...twas scrummy ...
How are you doing anyway Mrs? still making the most of your time off I hope.. and was there anything better to watch on your mums TV the other day :p
Thanks Valerie... I really think it helps being an antisocial git who doesn't drink and party much :rotflmao:. Hope you are having a good week!
Hiya Clowbow.... nice to see you back and posting again :clap:- I have been on your diary and it sounds like you had a briliant christmas :happy036:. I am a bit of an organisational freak :p - If I don't plot n plan I know I will fall on my face and get caught out thinking "hmm I fancy something nice" or get really hungry and not want to wait for what I should be having :eek:, meal planning has to be the best SW tool I have - even if sometimes we change our minds at the last moment about what we are having..
I have 14 weeks planned but it isn't set in stone so say where I have lamb hotpot on the list I can always turn it into minted lamb casserole, balsamic lamb, lamb stir fry etc and "beef casserole" could be beef curry, balsamic beef, mechado beef etc... just as long as I know what the main ingredient is Im fine -PLUS the 14 weeks have been arranged pretty much around what meat/fish I have in the freezer that I want to use ;)

Well folks we went out this morning and did another 2hr trudge ...I feel all :dancing_snowman:when I have been out in the snow... so thats got to be about 6hr30mins of walking/trudging this week ... so it will hopefully be benefitting my legs even if it doesn't show up on the scales ;)... it also stops me getting cabin fever...I hate just lolling around the house all day it makes me sooo lethargic n grumpy...
Anyhoo today is going to be red.. and should look like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • apple
  • tuna fish - bashed with balsamic
  • tickled cabbage
  • tickled beetroot
  • 3 crispbreads (B)
  • frozen tropical fruit
  • activia (2.5)
  • beef stir-fry:-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • rump steak
  • onions
  • spring onions
  • peppers
  • mushrooms
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • 28g peas (1)
  • 28g corn (1.5)
  • sauce (2) -not sure what Im concocting yet so will amend the syns later ;)
  • activia (2.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • fruit allowance:-
  • 2 oranges
  • 4 plums
  • 4 aricots
  • 1 pear
  • frozen berries
right then that should take me to 2A+Bs and 10 syns... another day that looks like a shopping list :D
Right I had better get off and have my lunch... I will probably be back later :p
Have a great day everyone and keep safe n warm :D

Hi Capricorn!! Managed to find a re-run of Pride and Prejudice starring Alison Steadman and the delicious Colin Firth (wet!!!!!!:drool::drool::drool:) which kept me entertained for several hours at my Mum's house. I've certainly had a rest while I've been on leave but I've been proper poorly; I felt so bad I reckon I must've had man-flu!! :sick: Reckon your hubby must've passed it on to me! :D So I can't say I've had a nice time over Christmas, but at least I've had a good rest!! Feeling a bit more human today, thank goodness.

I haven't had kassler for donkeys years, but I used to really like it, specially when cooked on the barbie. I'm with your family on that one - I like my meat cremated. Bacon is at its best when it's so crisp it breaks (I usually cook it in the oven) and as for fat - yeeeeuuuucckkkk!!!!

I braved the scales this morning and I've put on 4.5 lbs!!!! :eek: I guess all the lounging around hasn't helped matters. Oh well, never mind, hopefully I'll soon shift it.

Well, it's 12.30 and I'm still in my jim-jams!!! Spose I should think about having a shower and getting dressed - or maybe I just won't bother!

Have a good day and take care! Lots of love, Trace xxxx

Happy new year everyone...

Thought I would pop by now as I will probably be in bed before the clock hits 12pm..although we will be lay with the curtains open watching the fireworks :p

Anyway A HUGE thankyou to all of you for contributing to my diary and supporting me.. It has really really helped keep me on the straight n narrow:thankyou:,,,
Here is hoping that we all continue to have success in 2012... what am I saying :confused: -WE WILL DO IT :party0049:....

Hiya Trace.. hope you are back in your jigglyparmas now Mrs :p. Im sure you will knock that gain back off again once you are up n about again ;), I have told hubby its his fault for giving you the lurgy :D, I think mine is on its way out now... hope it hurries up I have had enough now-I don't often catch anything but this one is bugging me now :mad:
Right I had better get off and get on the wii...
so :-
HAPPY NEWYEAR EVERYONE AND HERE IS TO IT BEING A GOOD ONE

Good afternoon all and Happy new year!!!! lets hope we all have a good one :cross:

Well the fireworks here finally stopped at about 1:30 -either that or I fell asleep :p -they must be mad it was absolutely baltic here and we still have about 2ft of snow :eek:
Anyway it is now trying to rain, but it is sooooooo cold we reckon it is going to freeze up and become like an ice-rink out there -glad we have a good store of food in to save us having to go out if we don't want to!!

Well then -today Im going green and it should look like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 pear
  • 227g jacket
  • 1 cheese triangle (2)
  • tickled cabbage
  • tropical fruit
  • cheesy veg pasta bake (A+1.5):-
  • pasta
  • cauli
  • broccoli
  • leeks
  • spring onion
  • peas
  • corn
  • cheese sauce
  • fibre plus (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • activia (2.5)
  • fruit allowance:-
  • 1 orange
  • 1 apple
  • 4 plums
So that should be 2A+1B and 12 syns accounted for!
I have just been organised again... I was preparing the veg for tonights dinner so I did the veg ready for tomorrows lunch and used all the odds n sods (stalk etc) and have a batch of soup on too -will do me a couple of lunches for nothing :angel09:.
My plan for tonight is to lightly steam the cauli/broccoli and then break it up with a fork, blast the leeks and spring onions in the micro and mix them together with peas n corn and cooked pasta and then coat with my home made cheese sauce and bake.....pinkies crossed its a "nomnomnom"

Well I don't know what Im going to do with the rest of the day :confused: - suppose I could get my x-stitching out ...hmmmmm thats it..I really need to get back into it as I LOVE the one Im doing at the moment and would like it done in time for when we move back to the uk :p

Right then -I will get off for now..have a lovely day everyone..

Happy new year. I have just seen your thread on the trek through Nepal.How amazing is that.Well done and good luck with raising the money.xx

Evening all

Thanks Surrey and elb -hope you have a good new year too!!!

Well it is decidedly bl**dy freezing here today so I have kept my snout indoor..still cold though!!
So then the cheesy veg pasta bake thing went down well -hubby has it in the "must do again" catergory :D...
Whilst Im here I will post my meal plan for this week:-
  1. minted lamb casserole (1)
  2. mustard pork (2)
  3. fish pie (A+B+1.5) although this might change as I know its not one of hubbies faves ;)
  4. toad in the hole (10) :eek::p -proper full on tesco finest sausages that I want to use from the freezer(have 8 trays :giggle:) -although high in syns I won't need to use a heB ;)
  5. mechado beef stew (2)
  6. easy cheesy pasta (A)
  7. coq au vin(2)-need to check the syns on this...
so that should be our week -hubby is back at work on Wednesday so then I can get back to my normal routine... don't know why I haven't been having proper brekkie whilst he has been off :confused: -but boy am I looking forward to my porridge :drool:
Well I will get off to bed now..Im pooped.. weigh in tomorrow so lets see what that brings :vibes:
Sleep well everyone....

Hi Capricorn,

Happy New Year :)

Good Luck for your 1.5lbs tomorrow. I am sure you will get it.

Claire x

Mmmm yummy. What recipe do you use for fish pie ?? Have you posted it somewhere ?

Good luck for tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Gail x

I'm a Capricorn too!

I love your diary, this is my third time on slimming world and as of yet I have never done a red day! I'm always confused as to what I can and can't have (no matter how many times I read the book) but this has persuaded me to give it a go!!! So thank you :)

Happy New Year! And Good Luck with your weigh in tomorrow x

Back