Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Thanks everyone...

Spanx - unfortunately the new ones are right :cry:-hubby had a Drs appointment the other day and came straight home and got on my set and he almost passed out then came down and told me "I wasn't going to be happy" :p
I think Im ok with it as I think deep down I knew they were off -just not by that much :rolleyes:..

Wooho Trace -what a pig about your mock exam :( -hopefully when you sit down to the real exam everything will fall into place :cross:. Im not suprised you found comfort in food Mrs -you are working soooo hard at the moment so don't give yourself a hard time..
Hope the exam goes well -take care and talk to you soon....
Redmel -hope you have a good time..sometimes when you really aren't looking forward to something you enjoy it more... when you build something up its usually disappointing ;)
Nikki -I think I enjoyed EE - I still found myself thinking carefully about quantities of things and making sure everything was balanced... so i will see how I do this week :cross:.
I have just gobsmacked myself as I sat down to lunch and only ate about 1/3 of it :faint2: -I normally can't leave something on my plate ..but I got part way through and felt full enough so I left it (I hate waste -but I told myself it would still be wasted if I ate it and it stuck to my a** :giggle:
Well -after that I have decided to re-jig my meal plan as I think I need to keep it as light as possible -so I will be back in a mo with my final plan
Have a lovely day everyone and thanks again for all the support :thankyou:

Well done 4lbs is fantastic:D.Good for you for not letting the scales get to you.You are doing brilliant :D.x

well done on your 4lb loss that's amazing. Yes it is a bummer about your old scales but as everyone says you have still lost so much already and that hasn't changed. I think your story so far on here has been really motivating but even more so now because your positivity over this is amazing. Well don you xx

Good morning all :wavey:

Thankyou to everyone for coming to see me and giving me such great support :thankyou:

Well hubby has tootled off on duty -so unless he escapes mid afternoon for an hour he won't be back until about 10am tomorrow... so just my self to fend for today ;) and if he does pop back I have cornedbeef hash that I made yesterday in the fridge - so thats hubby happy :p
righty-ho then, today is a "careful" day -just in case I am on my own all day I have to make sure I have enough syns and things left over in case the "munchy monster" comes a knocking :sign0151:I have managed to dodge him so far when hubby has been away -*but* you never know -so then here is todays meal plan....(I will post the rest of the week seperately)..
  • 250 semi (A)
  • scrambled eggs
  • roast tomatoes
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • smoked haddock
  • leeks
  • peppers
  • frozen mixed berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • marinated tuna steak (2) -I will change the syns when I decide what Im using :D
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) -to stir-fry:-
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • broccoli
  • peppers
  • broccoli
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • 250 semi (6)
  • 2 clementines
  • apple
  • lychees
so I make that 11 syns and 1A+B .... so I have enough syns left for in case I need another yog -and other than that I have plenty of fruit -although with the size of my list I should be fine :p
Right I will get off for now, and will pop back later and type up the rest of my weeks plan..
Have a lovely day everyone :D

Wow Capricorn well done on your 4lbs loss :happy096: but I am gobsmacked at your scales :eek: Well done on dealing with it in such a positive way..... you are completely correct, you have still lost 107lbs no matter what your starting weight, it is not as if you have put on 3 stone!!!!!!

I am floundering and today is my restart day proper, I messed around last week with trying to stick to plan but as I was off in London at the end of the week it all went to pot! So...... lets see what this week brings. Is it just me, or is it much harder in winter than summer? When I was doing this at the start in August giving up my coffees (I like them milky and with sugar) and ribena etc etc was really easy but at the moment the weather is making it really hard.

I WILL have willpower this week - I am going to Madeira in 1 months time and I want to loose as much as possible before then and hopefully get my 2stone shiney back and more...... I can but hope! So, everytime I am tempted or I am finding it hard I am going to think "MADEIRA" and see if that helps!

Also interested to see your week plan Capricorn, that is where I also fall down - in the planning stages.

Well done on another amazing loss Capricorn

Afternoon all -just popping in with the rest of my weeks plan..
thanks for coming to see me again folks :D

Hannah - hope you get back on track soon :cross:. I usually love winter foods, but its odd as I only said to mum earlier that Im now getting ready for salad weather to get here again ... we love jacket potato with cottage cheese n salad :drool: .... Im going to be getting some more salad stuff when I shop tomorrow (it just doesn't taste as great at this time of year :sigh:)
ooohhh that is a nice goal to keep you going... a trip somewhere nice.. come on you can do it :vibes:... just think how good you will feel when you jet off :happy036:
Sarah -I see congratulations are in order :0clapper:
So then -here is the rest of the weeks plan.. I have struggled with this one as I seem to be going off a lot of food I have always loved :confused: -so here we go...

Tue = 1A+B and 12 syns
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 28g oats (B)**
  • frozen berries
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • mushpea curry
  • frozen berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • home boiled gammon
  • hm wedges (0.5)
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • pepper
  • beetroot
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • frozen berries
  • sf jelly (0.5)
  • activia (2.5)
  • lychees
wed = 1A+B and 11 syns
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • activia (2.5)
  • mixed berries
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • salmon fillet
  • tickled beetroot
  • tickled cabbage
  • tomatoes
  • frozen berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • classic chicken curry
  • spoon of rice
  • peas/corn
  • leeks
  • cabbage
  • fibre plus (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • lychees
thur = 1A+B and 15 syns
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 28g oats** (B)
  • banana
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • hm tomato+red pepper soup(0.5)-using gammon stock
  • 1 ryvita **
  • frozen cherries
  • activia (2.5)
  • pasta carbonara (3) - using cooked gammon
  • broccoli
  • cabbage
  • activia (2.5)
  • frozen raspberries/blueberries
  • sf jelly (0.5)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • lychees
fri = 1A+B and 11.5 syns
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • frozen berries
  • banana
  • activia (2.5)
  • smoked haddock fillet
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) - to roast
  • carrots
  • onions
  • swede
  • peppers
  • frozen raspberries/strawberries
  • activia (2.5)
  • sf jelly (0.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • beef stir-fry (3) -I will change the syns when I know what Im putting in the marinade ;)
  • onions
  • carrots
  • mushrooms
  • broccoli
  • peppers
  • peas
  • corn
  • fibre plus (B)
  • lychees
  • activia (2.5)
sat = 1A+B and 13 syns
  • frozen berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • tomato and pepper soup (0.5)
  • 28g cheddar (A)
  • 2 ryvita (B)
  • apple
  • clementines
  • hm burgers
  • hm wedges (0.5)
  • leon slaw (0.5)
  • sf jelly (0.5)
  • activia (2.5)
  • orange
  • lychees
  • 250ml semi (6)
I do stop eating sometimes -honest :giggle:-if I need/want anything else then it will be whatever fresh fruit I have in!
I have found that by buying frozen berries and having some in a bowl with a yog on top its like a meal/pud so Im not constantly grabbing fruit and munching it without realising... so all in all it works out more economical -plus most berries are super-speed ;)... ooohh and by having half a grapefruit (which I love anyway) before my main meals I know I have some SS foods in me and it leaves less room for lunch/dinner :D
the other thing I have found since starting EE is that by putting my main/synned element of my dinner in a small bowl (it only holds 280ml -I have just checked :p) on my plate means I eat much less... so things like my curry/rice, carbonara will go in the bowl and then the rest of my plate is for veggies -Its still plenty but stops me adding extra to my plate :D..cor I have become a sneaky wee beastie :sign0151:
anyway -thats far to much waffle -I will get off and get my fruit n yog..
Have a lovely afternoon everyone...

Thank You xx Do you write it out like that as you plan?

Party yesterday was 'not bad' buffet was AMAZING although not one thing was diet/sw friendly(oh except the pickled onions that were spiked with the cocktail sausages), the cakes were gorgeous and the singer was fantastic.

Good tips re the grapefruit and the bowl;)

Thank You xx Do you write it out like that as you plan?

Party yesterday was 'not bad' buffet was AMAZING although not one thing was diet/sw friendly(oh except the pickled onions that were spiked with the cocktail sausages), the cakes were gorgeous and the singer was fantastic.
Good tips re the grapefruit and the bowl;)
Glad you had a good time.... I lovvvve tickled bunions mmmmm
Yep, I write everything down -usually ready to start a new week on a Sunday, it means it gives me time to make sure that I have everything in I need for the week, Sometimes I will swap things around if my plans change -so if hubby want to go for a walk around the golf course, or like him being on duty today... but I pretty much stick to it as I know then that I have spread my hex A+B and syns fairly evenly... oooh or sometimes I can swap days around ....
I find it so much easier to know what is coming as it stops me getting caught out and ending up "fancying something" -since I started I have had NO cravings for any of my old "bad" faves....

Good morning all cor blimey it is manky here today -absolutely tipping it down :d'oh: -so no walking around the golf course or getting out for a trek for us today :sigh: ..we will be nipping out though as I need a milk, fruit, veg top up ooohh ooohh and water...so we will get out and get that done when hubby gets back from duty...should be about 10:30-ish...
anyhoo I have some bread proving so hubby can have fresh baked bread n butter with his gammon and wedges tonigh ;). I need to get the gammon on when we get back from shopping and then I can turn the stock into soup with the tomatoes, peppers etc that want using up in the fridge...

Tue = 1A+B and 12 syns
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 28g oats (B)**
  • frozen berries
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • mushpea curry
  • frozen berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • home boiled gammon
  • hm wedges (0.5)
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • pepper
  • beetroot
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • frozen berries
  • sf jelly (0.5)
  • activia (2.5)
  • lychees
Right -I had better get off and get my brekkie.... have a great day everyone and keep at it.....

..... Can I ask what HM wedges are?.....

I think they are Home Made Wedges... but I might be wrong :D

Well, I am trying to be sooooo good but starvin marvin is visiting and all I can think about is food.... so far this morning I have had an orange cut up with 0% total yogurt, 2 x Alpen light bars, 1 x clementine, 1 x coffee, 1 x fruit tea and 1 x activa intensley creamy yogurt :eek: And my brain is still chanting for food in my head!!!!!!!

I have some SW bolognaise and pasta for lunch (I do EE) so I know that should fill me up but this is getting ridiculous. I know it is my body adjusting to getting back on the wagon again but PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK !!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL NOT GIVE IN ... I WILL NOT GIVE IN... I WILL NOT GIVE IN (repeat repeat repeat)

Afternoon all

Nikki -hannah is right -hm is just home made :D.....
The bread things is really odd as pre-SW I was a
carb-a-holic -especially my home made bread I could have lived on toast, wedges of bread n butter :p but I thought I had "issues" with bread as I would crave it really badly and then about 1/2hr after eating it I would feel really sleepy -so i thought it was glutten -but I went cold turkey about 2 weeks into SW and I feel great -but I now know that it is yeast that I have problems with as I can make wraps, yorkshire puds etc and have no effects -and yet I get a sore head when just baking bread *just call me miss marple :p* -so now I just ignore it... I know that it would take 1 slice of bread and it would start me off again :sigh:
I have to be organised -I know its sounds a bit OTT for a lot of people -but once its done I probably have to think less than everyone else ;)...
How are you going this week anyway?
Hannah - did you have your fruit n yog first thing this morning? only it might be that which is making you hungry -fruit digests really quickly so your stomach is soon empty again. I tracked down that on those days where I had too much fruit I was starvin marvin too... I still often have fruit n yoghurt for brekkie, but on those days I seem to want things like mushy peas, 12 speed stew for lunch -something stodgy to line my stomach ...
I LOVE activia intensely yogs -they are the only ones I have.. they are seriously scrummy aren't they... I love peach, lemon or natural mmmmmmm
Hopefully your body will soon get used to being on plan again...don't give in.... you will beat it :vibes:
right I had better get off again... have a lovely day everyone :D

Then well done for resisting Capricorn :) and now you know what affects you, you can stay away from it. If I have toast.. Im terrible with butter, so I only do toast now, and cover it immediately with baked beans before I think butter, lol.. and you can't taste it under that lot anyway.

Im trying out making the wholemeal pizza dough for 2 B's on a Red day this week, really fancy pizza lately and that way can syn some cooked pineapple too. Need to look at more sw friendly recipes, Honey's has really inspired me too on here, must help to keep us on track trying new recipes and keeps it interesting too. x

Morning all -its only blinkin snowing here :eek: hopefully it won't manage to settle, poor ole hubby is itching to get on the golf course :p
Well last nights dinner was nice -even if it took me 2 atempts to eat it :confused: ..... I don't know where my appetite has gone? but no doubt it will be back soon :p.. todays meal plan has changed slightly as I used tha gammon stock to make soup last night -its mainly lentils n chickpeas, so I will have a bowl of that for my lunch instead of the salmon I was planning - well waste not want not :D..... and Im going to be making the classic chicken curry later -and instead of using a tin of tomatoes Im going to use some of the tomato/veg sauce I made yesterday ;) - hope its nice as its a new recipe..

wed = 1A+B and 11 syns
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • activia (2.5)
  • mixed berries
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • gammon, lentil + chickpea soup
  • frozen berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • classic chicken curry
  • spoon of rice
  • peas/corn
  • leeks
  • cabbage
  • fibre plus (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • lychees
nikki -I think you are right about trying new recipes I find it keeps things from getting boring....

Well I have done some more sorting out, Its making it much easier and it will be even easier when it comes to moving PLUS Im trying to be ruthless and put plenty of stuff into my "car boot" boxes towards raising funds for my trek.... Im not sure I will be able to makes myself be quite so ruthless when it comes to my kitchen stuff :hmm::angeldevil:..... well there are limits :D actually the last time we moved the removal guy nearly had a break down (even though I packed most stuff myself) -he said that the average kitchen they move has a max of 8 packing boxes for their kitchen.... I had 17 -and I have added to since :giggle:..guess I have a slight kitchen fetish :D
Anyway -I had better get off for now.. have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work!!

Morning all! Well, I have done a little experiment today - I brought some eggs and a pot of baked beans into work and I have just done scrambled egg in the microwave (no cooker in work) and had a cooked breakfast instead of just fruit (having an orange too for my 1/3 superfree). Well, I didnt find it easy to eat as I am not a breakfast person, so we will see if I am less hungry this morning. Although I think it is more psycological than actual hunger :eek:

Was soooo tempted last night to reach for chocolate or something and had to fight against self sabotaging - you know - the "well your not going to manage to stick to it so you may as well give in now...." conversation in your head? or is that just me? I didnt by the way, willpower won for now!

I dont understand why in the summer I had no issues whatsoever, i just did this and there were no questions about me not just cracking on with it. Now however, after my break for moving house and Christmas it is like my brain is so worried about failing that it doesnt want me to even try. Anyone else recognise that?

Sorry Capricorn, waffling on your diary again :eek:

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day today.

Ooohh it must be frrrreeezing Capricorn. Warm and hearty food is the wayt to go..yummy chicken curry will do it ;).

Doing the KFC chicken tonight with a grilled mushroom and beetroot salad, can't wait. Just need to drag myself to the gym before I go home from work lol. Needs to be done, as not been for 3 months and paying £60 a month, is so expensive I could have bought some really nice things with that. lol. xx

Hi Capricorn,

Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Fantastic loss this week. Well done.

I am sooooo impressed at how you've dealt with the scale discrepancy. For all that you've achieved, it can't be that easy having to accept that you have a bit more to lose than you thought. However, I'm sure that you are like me in that getting to target (if I can manage that !) won't change anything for me (I hope) because I plan to try and continue to follow the SW plan after that to maintain. So really, it doesn't make any difference how much you have to go, you will get there.

Well done though. You are an amazing inspiration to lots of us here.

Gail x

Back