Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Good morning all

Its finally dry here :happy036:....

Glad you enjoyed the film Trace -I saw it advertised and thought it looked really good.
I don't think Im missing out on my protein really, its mainly just the fibrous stuff Im skipping -so minced beef is fine but not diced /roast beef :confused:.... I just think Im not breaking it down where as minced is half chewed anyway :p... I have quite a lot of dairy too so I think I should be ok... and Im not giving up my salmon or chicken cos I love em :D
that 10 things sounds interesting.... I remember reading years ago about people who eat more dairy lose fat better -which is why I make sure I eat plenty... I love dairy -I think most of my syns go on yogs n milk ..
I do make soups but my fave is the 12 speed (trumpy soup) but I have to leave that in big lumps -tis scrummy!
oooohh dancing -I have the co-ordination of a flip flop, although I would love to be able to dance, who knows, when I hit target I may give it a whirl :eek:
Hope you have a good week Mrs!!
Hannah -well done on your loss -and your shiney :clap:
Just think if you stay on plan (or as near as you can) until you go to Madeira then you will have more "wiggle room" for a few nice treats when you are there ;) ....
My mum used to be a seamstress and was a whizz on a sewing machine -she made my bridesmaids dresses :D -but now it is too painful for her to sit hunched over a machine... I on the otherhand can x-stitch like a demon but can sew for toffee :eek:. Its crazy isn't it -we spend ages losing weight so our clothes aren't tight and as soon as we do it -we take them in again :giggle:
I used to have the oatybix bars, I find the alpen lights too synthetic sickly sweet -I like the fibre plus bars -but I have to have them out of the fridge ;)
Have a great week -and keep thinking about your holidays :vibes:
right I had better do my meal plan for today and then get off and phone mum... so its a green day today :-
  • lemon juice in warm water
  • 28g oats ** (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • small banana
  • blueberries
  • 3g coconut (1)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • 12 speed stew
  • frozen tropical fruit
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • 100g jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • peppers
  • onions
  • tickled beetroot
  • tickled cabbage
  • frozen berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus (B)
Right -so that makes 2A+Bs and 3.5syns -so I will see if I need any more syns later ;)
Right Im off -have a lovely day all and keep at it -we are getting there :happy036:

Hi Capricorn! That's OK then - I'll let you off! As long as you're looking after yourself! :D

Congrats on the 2lb off Hannah2 (you bad, bad girl!!!) ;) I think it's just the very low fat dairy - they specifically mentioned skimmed milk and cottage cheese, as far as I can remember.

I've been a busy little bee the past few dys - Zumba Friday, samba last night and Zumba again tonite. My legs are a bit achey for some reason .................

Nite, nite xxxxxxxxxxx

Good afternoon all

Frankie -"nobbies" are what we call brussel sprouts :p
Trace..you should have burnt some cals with all that exercise again :clap:

Well I got here -eventually :D ..busy talking to mum and then cleaning the windows..still "here I am" :p

It seems Im having another green day today .... it just seems to fit in better with what I fancy, I just need to keep the portions small so I don't get that awful stuffed n bloated feeling again ;) - so here it is:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • grapefruit
  • apple
  • 12 speed stew
  • frozen tropical fruit
  • activia (2.5)
  • grapefruit
  • 100g jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • peppers
  • onions
  • tickled beetroot
  • tickled cabbage
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • frozen berries
  • activia (2.5)
  • fibre plus (B)
So that uses 2A+1B and 5 syns -so if I get the munchies this afternoon /evening I may have 2 ryvita (B) and 14g cheddar (3) to use a bit more ;).........
I know its pretty much the same as yesterday but me n hubby both "nomnomnommed" our way through jacket spuddlies so we are having them again :D
Right I had better get off and have my lunch -have a lovely day all and keep up the great work !!!

Hey Capricorn - thanks for the welcome and WELL DONE on this week's loss :D

I'd heard some chat about that diet programme in the office Trace, but I'd not managed to find it (must look on youtube later), interesting about the lowfat dairy and it's always good to keep that up for the calcium, anyway. More cottage cheese it is!

I'm weighing tonight, so I'm trying not to eat all the fruit in the world this afternoon (I tend to keep it on my desk and to be honest I'm not totally sure if I'm eating it because I'm hungry, or because it's there and I'm worried not balancing my 1/3rds properly for EE). I've done a couple of green days and I felt like it was easier to eat enough (HExs and the occasional sin) without eating overboard (with half a dozen plums and an apple and a nectarine and, and) so I'll see how it goes on the scale! I think I might try and stay and chat to my consultant about doing red and green, because she didn't actually go over it when I started!

How do people "manage" with their sins? I've been finding I've been saving them all until the evening just in case (I plan, but I guess I'm a bit anxious about things happening that I can't control) and then it seems silly just to eat something for sins.

ooohh wenchie -you are doing with your syns what I did right at the start ;)..
I tried not to use any during the day "just in case" I was always waiting for the "munchie monster" to visit in the evening -and the odd thing is that even as time went by and I didn't need them in an evening I found that I would eat something simply to use some up :p, so now I divide them up a bit more evenly... do you meal plan? I know it sounds a bit over the top, but what I started doing was sitting in an evening and planning what I was going to have the day after -pencil in your treats etc -that way i find that there is no last minute panic as you know what is coming ;) so I know that I have my jacket potato tonight for dinner and I have a fibre plus bar (B) AND frozen berries and an activia(2.5) to have in the evening :clap: and I still have a (B) and 10 syns left -I will use the (B) but I doub't I will need more syns (but you never know :giggle:) -but at least they are there if I need them...
Im bad with fruit -I now though keep most of it in the fridge in the basement as I found that I would end up munching it through habbit rather than hunger :whistle: -I had my hand constantly in the fruit bowl -this way I have to trundle downstairs to get it ;)-I buy more frozen berries now too as not only are the super speed foods but I sit with them in a dish with yog on the top - like a pudpud *nomnomnom*
If you need any help with red/green days feel free to give me a yell -I love those as I get extra A+Bs :bliss:-I need lots of milk for my cuppas ;)
I got my mum the books on line and she started doing it at home on Thursday -I talk to her most days so she plans her meals and then checks with me to see if she has got it right.... giver her a week or two and she will be fine -she is a serial WW like I was -but so far she is loving SW :D
I will keep my pinkies crossed for your weigh in :cross:
talk soon....

Hello Missus,

I followed you over here to see if I could figure out what "tickled beetroot" was and ended up joining and starting my own diary. Next thing to do is to copy some of your recipes. I so wish I could have a personal chef :sigh:

Jayne

Capricorn - you have made me laugh today. With your talk of flip flop dancing !

Hannah2 - I absolutely LOVE weetabix oaty white chocolate bars. I'm not too bothered by the milk chocolate ones (prefer Alpen lights). Sadly ocado have stopped stocking them this week though :-(. I have written to them to ask why !

Wenchie and Capricorn - I still save my syns for the evening on the whole. I am so disciplined about my meals but I like to have some flexibility for the things that I feel I can't control (the munchie stuff in the evenings) that I tend to save most of my syns for the evening. I rarely feel that I 'have' to eat them and if I genuinely don't want to use them, I just don't. It works for me but I know we're all different.

Hope you continue to have a good week. Hope the fundraising is going well. I will try and get round to sponsoring you soon Capricorn.

Gail x

Good morning all
Jayne -hope you enjoy the recipes, I love cooking but I always have...ooooooooh do I "know" you from MSE then? hmmmm *puts on miss Marple head*
Silvermane -I love love love nobbies :D -I even like em cold on their own :eat:. Im not sure when we started calling things "tickled" its something from my childhood I guess -Im sure people think Im a bit whack-a-doodle but I can't help myself...
Morning Gail... If saving your syns for the evening works then I don't blame you for sticking with it... I still end up with some left over "in case" -and I try to hold on to my syns and hex when hubby is on duty -like this Friday he will leave about 8am and not get back until about 10am Saturday so I make sure I save stuff for the evening -as being on my own used to be one of my weak spots, although -so far :cross:I have been ok.... but you never know ...

oh my, oh my :fear:my information pack arrived for the trek yesterday *gulp* it now seems scarily real :bolt:..... it did give me a chuckle though as you get a tee-shirt, now ME -being optomistic and thinking they would hand them out on the trek picked a medium, well- apparently their definition of medium is 10-12 :faint2:.. not sure what I though a medium was (having never worn one :p) - anyhoo I held up this thing and decided it really belonged to a pre-pubesent child :silly: -but me being me I decided to see how much of me I could wedge into it -well to be more accurate -to see if I could get my noggin through the head hole ;) -well bugger my ole boots if I couldn't get in it -now Im not saying there was room to spare but at least I didn't look like a sausage escaping its skin :bliss: -hubby said it looked fine -and then spoilt the moment by adding "and at least you won't need to iron it!!" :rotflmao: -when he realised what he had said he was all *emmm oohh no I didn't mean it like that* luckily for him I was to busy chuckling...
So now I have the info I need to start planning n plotting, hubby is going to get copies of the info so we can start approaching people -well hubby can go to his SM to see if we can arrange anything, then I need to contact the naafis to see if I can set up a table in the entrance to try and sell those things Im making ... I have made over 100 "dangles now" and still have the stuff to make more -need to get more pics and load them.. THEN I need to start thinking of other things I can do :hmm:its difficult being out here and also as good as squaddies are at supporting charities there is alway someone doing something so you can't expect miracles... still in the words of a certain supermarket - "every little helps" :D....

Anyhoo after all that waffle -here is todays meal plan -Im going green soooooo :-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • lemon in warm water
  • banana
  • activia (2.5)
  • grapefruit
  • 12 speed stew
  • 2 clementines
  • easy cheesy veg pasta:-
  • 25g dry weight pasta
  • onions
  • leeks
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • 28g cheddar (B)
  • salad
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus (B)
  • frozen berries
  • activia (2.5)
So thats 2A+Bs and 5 syns covered...
we might be nipping out this evening for more water and milk -so dinner is a nice quick one to come back in to... tis yummy too nomnomonom
Right I had better get off and give mum a call,,,,
have a great day all and -keep at it,,,,,,

We've met in passing on MSE. I'm Cranky40. Once I saw the "scrimbled egg", the tickled clicked as well. In our family we eat "suggestive biscuits" and sometimes shop at "Strangebury's" and so on.

I've started reading your diary, but had to post a hello message because otherwise it felt like I was stalking you ;)

Jayne

-hubby said it looked fine -and then spoilt the moment by adding "and at least you won't need to iron it!!" :rotflmao: -when he realised what he had said he was all *emmm oohh no I didn't mean it like that* luckily for him I was to busy chuckling...

smiley-laughing024.gif
Oooooh this did make me laugh, sounds exactly like the sort of thing Mr Dizzy would come out with (quite innocently without putting brain into gear before opening his mouth) I do miss these regular comments on MSE :sigh:;) - you're on my stalk list....its just no good, I'm having withdrawal symptoms :D

Hey Capricorn WTG on the NSV t-shirt! That's fabby (and a just reward for preparing to do the trek, I think ;)) even with the no-iron comment (such a bloke thing to say :D )

Thank you for the advice (I've c&p'd it into my ever growing SWfile!) - it totally is the "munchie monster" I'm scared of and it's so stupid - it's not like I can't eat fruit at midnight if I'm hungry, after all! :eek: (and frozen berries and yog - especially the total 0% one, yum, are lovely and proper puddingy - what a good idea, thank you!)

I'm not a big planner - except I do try and know what snacks and lunch I'm taking to work the next day, so it's hardly a big leap to just block things out a little more than that really! I need to go out at lunchtime and have a nose around the yogurt cabinet, I think - the activas sound like a winner and I've already checked the onken grainy peach one I like and it's reasonable if I divvy it up :D.

So today red day

Brekkie: 2*weetabix (HeB1), FFNat yog & blueberries (aldis' super 6 atm :D)
AM snack: LFplain Cottage Cheese & Sliced turkey
Lunch: Thai Steamed Salmon (cold) - 1/2syn as I used the marinade for 2 fillets :)) and roast carrots (cold atm, may nuke them)
PM snack: Grapes and whatever syny yog I pick up.
Snack whilst cooking: 3 minibabybel light (HEA1)
Dinner: Pork meatballs (last month's magazine), yogurt to dip (the gravy from the magazine recipe is a bit of a faff and always splits for me) and brocolli
Evening Snack: Ryvita (HEB2) & Laughing Cow light (HEA2)

So that's both HEs*2, 1/2syn & whatever it ends up being for the yog. I think that looks okay? (It also looks like a lot of food, but it shouldn't be a struggle to eat).

And I FINALLY made my 1/2stone shiney last night :banana dancer: with a 1 1/2pound loss taking me to 8pounds total :D (must update my stats!). My consultant didn't have time to go over red and green with me, but I've a time to call her tommorrow night.

Hey Gail - I'm not really all that munchie in the evenings (I get more distracted at night and am really more munchie at my desk during the day instead) so I think I need to try and get that out of my head? It's good to see that not doing it does still work successfully (you've some inspiring shineys there!) though, if I can't quite get my head there yet!

Good evening all -hubby has the footy on *yawwwwwn* :p
So Im taking a break from beading and thought (as I do sometimes ;)) that I would come and see what is happening on here :D
ohhh Jayne -now I know who you are :wavey:
Feel free to stalk away -or come and yap with me whenever you want ;).. hope you are enjoying SW....
Hiya Dizzy -Im still popping in and out on mse, but it gets so hectic ..I like it here where I can merrily waffle -even when no-one is listening/reading :p... hubby wouldn't normally make such a comment (he values his dangly bits too much ;)) -but I think as Im losing weight he knows Im not as sensitive.. anyway as he now weighs more than me he should tread carefully :sign0151:
Wenchie -well done on your loss and your new shiney :happy036::clap:
Is the onken one those with the cereal bits in?:sign0137: they have allsorts like that out here and I just can't get on with them... I love my activia intensely even if they are €1.99 for 4 :eek:... and it is my one weakness -oooh and fruit :D.
Hubby commented earlier that Im now scary (like I wasn't before :p) .... it seems I wandered along the ice-cream freezer looking for hubbies cappucinno ice-cream and none of it bothered me (it used to be one of my biggest weaknesses) but I get to the frozen fruit and see a mix I haven't had before and I get all giddy :rotflmao: -the cause of my joy is a mix of plum 1/4s, black grapes, mango, nectarine and apple :eating: - I have tested it and its yummy ....
Your meal plan looks good -its amazing how much it looks sometimes isn't it? mine isn't so bad at the moment but some days it looks more like a shopping list :giggle:
Right I had better stop yapping on and get off.... have a lovley evening everyone,,,,

Hehe your frozen yoghurt story reminded me of how I scared the poop out of the whole of home bargains, when I squealed in delight at having found Brown splenda lol I made everyone in the aisle jump including my OH!

Well done on the Tee! Must feel good aye? I will never ever like nobbies, but I will eat them if someone put them on me plate, cos I am ever so polite lol. I like being tickled...but not by beetroot ;)

Haha- brussel sprouts make sense- I was thinking roast potatoes or the crusty bit on the end of a loaf of bread (called the nobby in gloucester for some reason!)
Hope you're having a good week
Frankie
xxx

Hehe your frozen yoghurt story reminded me of how I scared the poop out of the whole of home bargains, when I squealed in delight at having found Brown splenda lol I made everyone in the aisle jump including my OH!

Well done on the Tee! Must feel good aye? I will never ever like nobbies, but I will eat them if someone put them on me plate, cos I am ever so polite lol. I like being tickled...but not by beetroot ;)

Sorry to hijack your thread Capricorn but I used to hate brussel sprouts too but I love cabbage so I couldn't understand it. But a friend has got me into them now and I quite like them. So keep at it Silvermaneuk !!!

Capricorn - I am so delighted for you with the T shirt size. Although I can see that it would be a bit alarming to have received the T shirt already (eeek !) I am so pleased that it already fits. I have total confidence that by the time of the trek you will be more than ready. I giggled at your comments about the OH though :giggle:

And I had been a bit confused by the tickle thing too but I was too polite to ask.....................:p

Hope you continue to have a great week. My week is going well and I'm hoping for a good loss this weekend. :fingerscrossed:

Gail x

Gooooooooood morning all

Silvermane... oooooooh Home bargains mmmmmm -I loved that shop-I have to visit when I go back home... it is the law :D. I LOVE nobbies.... if you aren't keen have you tried shredding them raw and then stir-frying? nomnomnom .... mind if you don't like em there is no point making yourself eat em is there ;)
Trace, my mum loves cold rice pud -I make it once in a blue moon but Im really not overly fussed with it, but the activias nomnomnom ...hope you are having a good week Mrs....
Frankie .... oohh I didn't know that there was another meaning for nobbie... we always just call the end of the loaf the crust ... see folks somethings about me are normal ...honest :giggle:
Gail-no need to be polite on here..just ask-I realise I do talk nonsense a lot of the time :D..
I have put my te-shirt away safe (which usually means I won't find it again :eek:) .... I will try it on every few months to see how Im going :cross:

Well folks Im having a red day today that should look like this:-
  • lemon in warm water
  • 28g oats ** (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • grapefruit
  • tuna fish -bashed with :-
  • 2tbs extra light mayo (1)
  • onion
  • 28g sweetcorn (1.5)
  • 3 ryvita (1/2B+**)
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • red peppers
  • tickled beetroot
  • frozen fruit
  • apple
  • grapefruit
  • 110g jacket (1/2B)
  • cottage cheese
  • salad -as above
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • frozen berries
  • activia (2.5)
Righty-ho that NOT so little lot comes to 2A+Bs and 5 syns.... I know its a little naughty splitting my heBs but at least it is something I can split evenly :D.
I may well double up the sweetcorn in my tuna and then only eat 1/2 the mix (doubt I can manage a full one) so that will save another 1/2 syn too :p. If I need anything extra I will add it on as I go...
Hubby breaks up for leave next weekend so we are hoping for dry weather so we can get out and get plenty of walking done..ooohh and golf for hubby -I will tootle along behind him -every little helps ;)...
Right I had better get off and grab another bottle of water and then give mum a call.... have a lovely day everyone and keep at it..we are getting there -AND summer is approaching :eek:

Back