Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Hello Mrs - I'm having a quick ping about the forums whilst I've got ten minutes to myself :D WELL DONE on the continued loss; I'm really interested in how you're going with Jillian's adaptions, too; it looks like you're adding back in some healthy fats and things (which is all to the good, I think, if there's ample volume of everything else to keep you full! :D).

Good luck at the car boot - I'll keep my fingers crossed that you do stellarly!

oooooh ello -I was on your diary earlier :p

The Jillian tweaks haven't been so bad for me as I have always used oils (won't use the spray stuff) and I have been having salmon, avocado etc as they are 2 of my fave things. The biggest changes I have made have been to eat 4 times a day - 4hrs apart *well apart from dinidins -I don't want it at 8pm -so pull it to 7pm.
The other main thing is that I have swapped my heB selections -from potato to beans and Im loving it :bunnydance:. then Im using up more syns too by eating nuts etc. Im certainly not going hungry :eating:
So far it seems to agree with me -the basic idea of eating every 4hrs is -now lets see if I can make this make sense...
basically eating every 4hrs means that your body doesn't panic and hold onto it, but at the same time by not grazing, snacking in between it gives your body time to start using its energy reserves so theoretically you burn more :cross: - strangely enough I am noticing that about 1hr before my next meal is due my stomach starts to rumble, lets hope its those cals being burnt :p. It really is interesting... one of her main points is that you should try and eat only things that "have a mum or grow from the ground" :giggle:-which sounds odd, but I guess its just a way of saying -eat whole foods, not processed stuff - which is what I wanted to get to -Im not far off.
here is a link to the book in case you are interested
Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!: Amazon.co.uk: Jillian Michaels: Books
I have ordered 2 more of her books as Im seriously hooked :p

I hope I do ok at the car boot, not only to raise funds for my trek but so i can actually clear some space ;). I guess anything I raise is a step in the right direction...
not sure Im going to relish getting up so early -but I have planned what meals to have for the day so Im prepared :vibes:

What you've described there does seem to make perfect sense, and there can be some sense of satisfaction in that real hunger feeling, particulalry if you know theres some good food to come a little later! Your planned hot bean salad the other night sounded gorgeous!
Did you ever read Michael Pollen - he advocates a 'real' food approach, as opposed to a bunch of chemicals masquerading a food. Insightful stuff and makes you think long and hard. I can easily apply those thoughts to things that I'm not keen on and will happily avoid low fat spreads, frylight, mullers etc but I still need to get fussier when it comes to treats! However, baby steps baby steps as I keep reminding myself, its all a learning curve and I'm enjoying learning!

Good morning all

oooh CherryPie -I will have just googled Micheal Pollan -I might have to read his books next :p. I have always been fascinated with food *shock horror*:giggle:, I think now Im secure enough with the SW plan and the fact that I KNOW I won't get derailed its a perfect time to start looking into other things.
I haven't used spray light for years -it always used to leave a sticky film on my bakeware so gawd knows what it does to my insides :eek:, as for muller lights :sign0137: ... they have a really odd glutinous consistency that I can't stomach. To be honest I don't eat much processed stuff -cutting out bread, pasta, choc etc right at the begining has helped but I could get much better ;)
Once I have used up things like my activia intensely I will be moving onto the full fat greek natural yog, and once I have used up my tinned beans I will get back to my dried one. Mind using up the tinned is a bonus as we should be moving towards the end of the year so it will be less to drag behind us :p
The warm bean salads are lovely and much more filling than potato -have you seen how many broad beans you get for a heB :eek: -I think its 255g and that is masses :woohoo: -I have never been keen on frozen ones but I can get them in jars out here -and they are much nicer (there isn't much you can't get in jars here -including brussels, cabage etc :eek:). I am really enjoying my food and boy am I ready for it once its time :eat:
Hope things are going well for you this week!!

oooh look at me waffling....
My red carb curfew looks like this for today :-
8am
  • 1/2 grapefruit
    [*]2 weetabix (B)
    [*]250ml semi (A)
    [*]banana
12pm
  • lemon and black pepper salmon
  • hot bean salad:-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • leek
    [*]garlic
    [*]red pepper
    [*]255g broad beans
    (B)
  • balsamic
    [*]lime juice
4pm
  • frozen cherries
    [*]frozen raspberries
    [*]activia (2.5)
    [*]nuts
    (10)
7pm
  • rump steak
    [*]1/4tsp oil
    (0.5)-to stir fry
  • onions
    [*]mushrooms
    [*]peppers
    [*]broccoli

• 250ml semi (A)
so I make that lot come to 2A+Bs and 13.5 syns

I don't have much planned for today -no doubt I will find something that needs doing *unless I choose not to see it* :D
Right I will get off and do some catching up -have a lovely day all and keep at it we are getting there :D

Afternoon ....

Well I need to make a change to my evening meal today -instead of having stir-fry, hubby has opted for the goan pork with rice -bless him he said he would have that to use it up out of the fridge... he is a good lad :D
Sooo Im going to have a big ole salad instead -with marinaded pork -which is free so It will leave me at 2A+bs and 13 syns.
Lunch was seriously scrummy -hubby came in whilst I was doing my hot broad bean salad and declared it smelt lovely -so has requested broad beans on some meals too :happy036: -

ooh and hubby has managed to book the badminton court tomorrow for 1hr so that should burn some wobble :cross:, and as the rackets weren't great and the shuttlecocks were battered last time he has been down to the stores and signed us out new ones :clap:. I was going to order some decent rackets for us but as he pointed out we may as well wear theirs out whilst we see if we get into it :p
Well I will get off again and do a quick catch up before my afternoon snacky .... actually today is the 1st day where I haven't been sat clock watching waiting for 4pm to roll around :giggle: -so hopefully my body has adjusted to my new structured eating...
Hope everyone is having a good day!!!

Mmmmm, I love broad beans (well any beans actually, except baked ones - yuck yuck yuck!!!) and this year I have some growing in my garden - so exciting!!!

I love that you write so much in your diary x
Be grateful you don't have to actually listen to me rattling on -poor ole hubbies ears must be ringing some days:rotflmao: . I did warn him though, that as a woman I see no point in using 6 words where 50 will do :p
I do think you are very brave reading the waffle right from the start - although if you suffer from insomnia it might be useful ;)
Hope you [STRIKE]survive[/STRIKE] enjoy it, and feel free to come and rattle with me any time you like :D
Ohhhh Cherry pie when I was a kid we used to have new potatoes, bacon, broad beans and the dip from the bacon poured over the beans :eat:. I grew my own a couple of years ago -have you done it before? if so I guess you know about the black fly problems?;)
I love all beans -although Im particularly fond of them all cold especially chick peas nomnomnom

Well folks -my dinner changed AGAIN -3rd time today :eek: -I think * week is arriving as Im cold and I doze off every time I sit down (these are my usual if some what odd symptoms :p) so I NEEDED something warm, fairly plain and something "meaty" -so I wound up with a plate of broccoli and a lean lamb steak -and it was spot on :bliss:

*In hushed tones* .... now I know that with SW we dont count cals -but purely out of curiosity and for "research" purposes -I decided to check today as in my "jillian book" it says that I need to eat 1400-1600 cals ... well I thought I would have a spot check on todays food and :thankyouthankyou: my total for today came in at 1572 :bunnydance: -now Im not going to be counting on a regular basis but at least I know that it means that SW being adjusted to her theories should work :D * I really do have too much time on my hands*
SO then I have my food planned for tomorrow -ooh lunch looks good -I will post it all tomorrow but lets just say it involves lamb steak (as someone freezes them in 2s and I only ate 1 :D) and feta ooh and chickpeas ...... mmmmmm. We will be having a game of badminton tomorrow afternoon to -ooooh and then we have to get the stuff packed into the car for an early start on Saturday...
Heck Im off with the waffle again.. Im off to catch up on here then off to the land of nod..
Sleep well all and keep up the great work

Morning Morning Morning :D

Its brighter here today *please let it stay like it for tomorrows car boot* :cross:

SO then brekkie has been eaten mmmmmmmm and my plan for today looks like this:-
8am
  • 1/2 grapefruit
    [*]28g oats (B)
    [*]250ml semi (A)
    [*]mixed berries
    [*]apple
12pm
  • lamb steak
    [*]1/4tsp oil (0.5)
    [*]onion
    [*]garlic
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]rosemary
    [*]balsamic
    [*]red peppers
    [*]113g chick peas (B)
    [*]42g feta
    (A)
4pm
  • melon
    [*]activia (2.5)
    [*]10 x 1/2 walnuts
    (10)
7pm
  • rump steak (1) -for marinade
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) -to stir-fry
  • onions
    [*]mushroom
    s
    [*]broccoli
so thats 2A+Bs and 14.5 syns used..... cor Im getting good at using most of my syns :happy036:
For my lunch Im going to soften the onion, peppers and tomatoes in the oil with rosemary and garlic -then stir in the balsamic and chickpeas to warm slightly. then Im going to drop the lamb steak on the contact grill with the feta on top and *tadaa* yumyumyum :D
Right I had better get off and get something done -we have our game of badminton at 2pm and then lots of humpin n dumpin to do for the car boot.
Have a lovely day all and keep at it -we are getting there

Oooh...looking good as usual hunni!!! :banana dancer:

You're awesome xx

Good evening lovelies

ooh aren't you a smashing bunch :thankyou:

Well we are all sorted... the car is packed and PACKED is certainly the word :whistle:... we may well wheelie all the way there :shifter:, I just need to sit with the 3 huge pairs of curtains on my knee and my beady things in the footwell ;). We haven't quite got everything in -things like the garden pots etc will have to wait until next time -but at least they are outside and not under my bl**dy feet. Lets all keep our pinkies crossed:cross: that we don' have much to bring back.

Anyway -we had our 1hr of badminton earlier -cor it doesn't half make ya sweat ..although the time flies and it is good fun -especially the part where hubbies shoes stuck to the ground as he tried to run backwards and ended up flat on his back, legs in the air like a little turtle :rotflmao:. So hopefully that will have burnt some wobble off for weigh in on Sunday :vibes:

Lunch was scrummy today and I intend doing THAT dish again :eat:, and I have stuck completely to my original plan for the day :thankyouthankyou::giggle:

Tomorrow will be odd as we need to be up at "sparrows fart" -so I will be eating brekkie, snacky, lunch, dinner rather than the normal way round -It "should go something like this:-
5am
  • 2 weetabix (B)
    [*]250ml semi (A)
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
9am
  • banana
    [*]10 x 1/2 walnuts (10)
    [*]apple
1pm
  • 113g chickpeas (B)
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]peppers
    [*]onion
    [*]balsamic
    [*]42g low fat feta
    (A)
5:30pm
  • roast chicken
    [*]carrots
    [*]onions
    [*]broccoli
Now then I make that a rather tasty looking 2A+Bs and 12.5 syns.With starting so early tomorrow we are hoping to be back before 1pm -fingers crossed, guess it depends how busy it is and how well we do.. so no doubt I will be on here rattling again at some point tomorrow afternoon *you have been warned* :D
Right I will get off and do a quick catch up before I go to bed..
Sleep well all, and have a good weekend!!!

good luck for the boot sale!! hope you don't have much to bring back :D
Thankyou lovely

If you hear of huge billowing black smoke clouds over Germany it will be me setting fire to what is left so I don't have to drag it home again :p

lol! good plan! i hate bringing stuff back from boot sales so for the last hour i reduce everything to 50p just to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Hi Capricorn - can't believe you've been telling the whole of Minimins that you've been humping with hubby!!!! :D

Good luck for the car boot tomorrow - you're a braver woman than I am. The only time I ever did one I got there a bit late and didn't even have time to get the boot open before the hordes descended - scary! It was like they smelt fresh blood! :eek:

*cover your ears if you are of a delicate disposition*

:rant2:knick knack frickin noo :rant2:
So then ups we get -shovel brekkie down *determined to stay on plan* even though 5am is NO time to be eating :sign0137:.... offs we tootle (all prepared)-with my 1 apple, 1 banana and 10 half walnuts in a little bag and plenty of water , up n down, round n round looking for the signposts *for a structured place Germany don't seem to have the knack of signposting very well* -well we track it down and its on the 15th - TOMORROW ..not bleepin today :rotflmao: I though hubby was going to bust a blood vessel and I really don't envy the half wit that told him it was the 2nd SATURDAY of each month. SO anyhoo -here I am ..back home :wavey:. Now hubby has a golf competition tomorrow and its a team event so he can't drop out *and I wouldn't ask him to anyway* -so he is going to find out his tee off time later and if its about 10am or later he is threatening to go to the car boot for 6am tomorrow to do 3hrs and then drop me off home and go golfing....
I think hubby is rather taken aback by my "hey ho" attitude -at one time I would have be seething -now I figure there are more important things .
Spanx -it will be my first journey into the world of carbooting too :fear: -the guy who does them regularly *the one who said saturday:slap:* reckons that the minute they see English cars its a stampede :eek: -they apparently can't get enough of our cookery books etc (I have loads boxed), hubby reckons I must be the only person to wash everything before I take it -I have had curtains, throws etc going round in the washer :giggle:
Aaliyah - Im hoping not to be bringing stuff back but I must admit that since we will have to do another one to get the other stuff taken away that I will bring stuff back rather than give it away. I have everthing from a bread machine, juice extractor to wool, cookery books, far too many glasses and glass candle holders etc.

Well then, obviously my day is all confuddled now -but I will stick with having my snacky at 9am as planned ......... I don't know, when Im organised it still goes t*ts up :rotflmao:

I might make some bracelets or necklace this afternoon if I can be bothered , oooh and I WILL plan my meals for next week -hubby is away for a couple of days -1 at golf a 1 on duty so I will sort both plans out and other than that I have NOWT planned.
Weigh in for me in the morning so pinkies crossed for that .... Im interested to see if my tweaks make any difference to my losses, although I have loved every single meal this week so I think I will be sticking with them....
Right Im off to catch up and then Im going to veg out on the sofa...
Have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work :vibes:

Back