Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Good Morning all

Helloooo to all the lovely visitors :wavey:

Well in the end I didn't need my jacket and salad for dinner -I ended up sharing my lunch on to 2 tea plates and had 1 for my lunch and one for my dinner :D, and boy ohh boy did I get some naps in yesterday :4635:

So then yesterday ended on 8syns -leaving 97 for the rest of the week...
Today is a green day and should look like this:-
  • mixed berries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
  • plums
  • 2 slices hovis wholemeal (2xB)
    [*]salad cream (1)
    [*]spread (1)
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]celery
    [*]beetroot
    [*]peppers
    [*]onion
  • apple
  • plums
  • home made cheese n potato pie (1A+2)
    [*]baked beans
    [*]plenty of roasted red onions
    (1)
  • activia (2.5)
    [*]250ml semi
    (A)
So that covers 2A+Bs and 10 syns -and I may well end up buying more milk...

TakeItEazy -trust me Im getting plenty of rest -I manage to pack 1 box and then find myself on the sofa *zzzzzzz* :p
Mini -you are right about the little n often, I get full really quickly but then about 90mins later Im hungry again -I guess I should be glad my meal portions have shrunk.
ooh and boy is my stomach making some noise :8855: - as soon as I eat I sound like a drain unblocking, all gurgly tis soooo loud:eek:

Thanks Jackie and Shenzi
Shenzi trust me, we had all but given up -so this is definitely a bolt from the blue. Don't give up hope, but at the same time don't beat yourself up (not easy I know) -I believe in part that as well as losing weight the other thing that might have helped me is that I had relaxed and decided if it was going to happen then it would. Best of luck my lovely I will keep my podgy fingers crossed for you!

Well I have a little more sorting to do today -we have the pre-march out tomorrow -some chap who comes and tells you what needs to be done before you move out :confused:
Im trying to get my backside into gear as I need to get my stuff sorted ready for next Monday...ohhhh gawd a whole12 hrs on the overnight ferry :character00117::9529: :8855:

Right I had better get off and give mum a call and then muster up the energy for a bit more sorting..
Have a lovely day all..............

Morning Capricorn,

Wow...I can't believe how quickly the time is going now! It really doesn't seem 2 minutes since you first mentioned about coming home...and here you are, almost on your way!

I have a funny feeling that there will be lots of us telling you to take it easy and not overdo things I'm afraid! It's so true that we're one big family and we're very protective lol! Looks like you've got another 6 months of it to go lol!

Have a good day hunni...

Oh, and don't overdo it! ;) xx

Gooooood evening one and all -

corrrrr get me -back on again :p

Well today has been quite successful -I have managed to pack 5 boxes more (we are now down to 1 plate/bowl/mug each) :8855:
Still more to do.... but I was good as I can muster about enough energy to pack 1/2 a box and then I sit down with a drink to rest before starting again :innocent0002:
We nipped shopping as I was on my last carton of milk and last activia :eek: -so we picked up those along with a bit more fruit -including 4 fresh figs.... I will NOT get constipated without a fight :sick0019:.
Dinner was yummy -although I only had a tea plate full -the other one has gone in the fridge and I will have it for lunch tomorrow :D - I can see a glass of milk and an activia coming on before an early night for me...well I have been a nap free zone today :p

Oooooh ladies trust me... Im about to spend 3 weeks back home with mummy dearest -who at the age of 72 still tries to wait on everyone hand and foot -and she knows about the bump -so gawd only knows what she will be like :8855:
I was planning on decorating right through the house -and 1 of my brothers had allready told mum that he is planning on booking a couple of days off work to help. Now normally I would rather be left on my own to get on with it...but given the circumstances Im going to snap his hand off :D -he is also hanging the light fittings and planning on being there so "Im not on my own when the removals arrive" and my other brother who lives just across from our house is booked for fitting curtain poles etc ....eeeeehhhhh Its a good job we have a great bunch isn't it.....
I have settled on the fact that now I will do the main rooms first and leave things like the attic bedroom to last to see if I have the energy -Its only going to be filled with loads of stuff that we won't be unboxing for a while anyway -so its no great shakes.
I know the tennant has asked the letting agent to not do her final inspection just yet as she wants to shampoo the carpets :bliss: -so thats 1 less thing to do.....
Im sure that we will be done n dusted by about xmas :8855:
Then my plan is to sit on my backside and get lots of x-stitching and possibly some knitting done

You ladies can tell me as much as you like to slow down -I know its only because you are all so lovely and care so much -I fully intend being sensible for the next few months -we have waited so long for this that Im not going to do anything to increase the risk of anything going wrong ;)

Right -time to stop yapping....off for my bed time snacky and then off to bed for me...
sleep well all and take care !!!!!

What wonderful news! So happy for you both. We were trying for 9 years too before my gorgeous boy surprised us when I was 39! Just try and relax and enjoy yourself. I only put on 10 lbs when I was pregnant (already overweight) so ended up nearly 2 stones lighter when he was born. Sorry haven't posted recently but been really busy here. Once again, congratulations! Xo

Good Morning all

ThisTime..... thanks lovely -its really reassuring to hear of others who have had similar situations. Now only gaining 10lbs -thats some achievement :clap:. Im hoping to just keep everything under control the best I can -I don't mind gaining as long as I know its not because I have been face down in a bag of giant choccy buttons :p. Glad Im not the only one busy busy busy... I will be glad for xmas to get here as we should be done by then :cross:
Hope you are well, have a great day....

Well we have just had the guy here to do the pre-march out and we have decided to get the cleaners in, I have been doing quite a bit as I go along but unless you have "marched out" before you have no idea how high their standards are and as I may not be coming back here with hubby its easier all round to pay the €175 and have no stress -we simply get the removals in -empty the house and then they move in clean up and then are there for the actual march out so if anything is wrong they can put it right. Its €175 we could do better things with but it will make everything so much easier....

Well foody wise today is looking like another green day and should look like this :-
  • 2 clementines
  • activia (2.5)
  • left over cheese n tattie pie (3)
    [*]baked beans
  • 2 plums
    [*]2 clementines
  • 3 hovis wholemeal granary (2XB + 5.5)
    [*]spread (2)
    [*]salad cream (2)
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]celery
    [*]beetroot
    [*]red onion
  • frozen berries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
  • 500ml semi (2xA)
So I make that 2A+Bs and 17.5 yummy yummy syns...... so thats 32.5 syns used so far this week leaving me 72.5 for the rest of the week,

Im going to get a bit more packing done later -Im nearly there *she says trying to convince herself :8855:*
Right off for my yog yog -have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work!!!

sounds like it will be 175E very well and usefully spent - no stress over march out, no knackering cleaning.... yep, very good decision.

How lovely that you're getting to go back at this new stage in your life and have your family look after you - I'll bet your hubbie's pleased that they'll be there, too :D

Good evening all

A quick stop off before I tootle off to beddy byes....

Been another busy day -got 3 more boxes packed, taken all my x-stitches down and wrapped in bubble wrap and then this evening I have cleaned the microwave, scrubbed the outside of the fridge freezer and defrosted the freezer :bliss:
Tomorrows mission is to get a few more odds n sods packed up and then empty the basement freezer so I can defrost it and clean it and then leave it switched off,,,,,
Now then I don't think I have shared this tip on here BUT when you defrost your freezer next time -when you wipe down the insides use neat fabric softener -then switch it back on to freeze up before re-filling. Next time you come to defrost it the ice(if there is any) comes away in sheets after about 10 mins ;)
I found this out when hubby switched the freezer off 1 year ...for 2 weeks :eek: -it was the only way I could get rid of the smell and now I can switch my freezer off, defrost it, wipe it out and refill and have it back on again in under 30mins :clap:

Wenchie,,, you are right right now€175 is a small price to pay for a bit less stress and hassel,
It will be strange being back at mums for at least 3 weeks -but once we are in our own home it will be great to be near family.

Right I think I will have a quick catch up then Im off to bed..

Sleep well all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Morning all

Thanks so much KayJay :D

Its a nice clear sharp day here this morning -still looks bloomin nippy.
Last nights sleep wasn't great again -I swear Im pooped come bed time and can hardly keep my eyes open -yet the minute the light goes off *bing* -my head starts thinking :confused:. I managed to get to sleep by about 11:30 and was wide awake by 1am :sigh: -I have been trying not to nap in the afternoon thinking I would sleep better, but it isn't working so I will have my naps when I need them -then at least if I wake in the night I will have some sleep stored up :p
I have just been into the basement and emptied the freezer -I have transfered what I think hubby might use upstairs to the fridge/freezer and the other bits will have to go in the bin -then later I can go and wipe out the freezer and leave it switched off -and thats another thing off my list done n dusted :clap:
Im not entirely sure what plan I fancy today -I think I might try red as I roasted a 1/2 chicken last night -Im hoping I enjoy it as I really don't fancy red meat...
So then today should look like this:-
  • banana
    [*]apple
  • activia (2.5)
  • 3 slices hovis wholemeal granary (2xB + 5.5)
    [*]spread (1)
    [*]salad cream (1)
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]beetroot
    [*]onion
    [*]red/yellow pepper
    [*]celery
  • 2 clementines
    [*]2 plums
  • roast chicken
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]celery
    [*]cucmber
    [*]beetroot
    [*]onions
    [*]peppers
  • activia (2.5)
    [*]500ml semi
    (2xA)
So thats 2A+Bs and 12.5 syns...taking this week to 45 syns so leaving me 60 syns to cover thurs/fri/sat that means if I carry on working like this I can keep on having my beloved salad on wholemeal granary :bliss:

Im going to have to get sorted with what food Im taking for the journey on Monday -its a doozy -5 hours this end driving through Germany to Rotterdam and then on the ferry over night -so from about 6pm until 8am the following morning :character00117::sign0137: but then only 2hrs from hull to mums....
I always pack us up as I refuse to pay for food on board the ferry that A) I don't like and B)that costs an arm and a leg....I think last time we went people were paying £16 each for fish n chips was :eek:
So I will be packing my cool bag as always... hubby has requested corned beef n mustard :sign0137: and cheese n onion. I reckon Im going to pack a couple of tubs of salad, spread some granary wholemeal with spread and a smidge of salad cream, fill my gym bottles with my milk allowance and then shove some activias and fruit in and I should be ok,,,,,

Right I better get off and get my 2nd brekkie :D
Have a great day everyone and keep at it!!!!

sounds like you're all well planned for the journey (one thing I really did like about driving through germany was the sheer number of public loos, very useful!) - it's never all that much fun to do, it's really all about making the best of it, I suppose, and you might find you doze more through it.

what a cracking tip about the freezer - I'll need to remember that (for new year's day, probably. Bizarrely defrosting the freezer then's become a THING... I suppose it makes some kind of sense, I can stick the food I'm keeping down in the basement and it doesn't defrost then...)

You seem really well prepared for your trip back.
Foodwise - I think at this stage you really need to go for what you fancy, I went off red meat all the way through pregnancy (weaned myself back with a rare fillet steak on Monday!), so I was making sure I got enough iron from my vitamins as well as things like beans, lentils, spinach etc. Was a bit tricky at the start as all I fancied was stodge (think cheese on toast, jacket potatoes, cheesy chips etc))... Not very good!

And with sleeping I found it best to nap whenever I could, as sleep at night was practically impossible, especially towards the end. So don't feel guilty about napping - your body needs it!

You're doing really well !

Hi,

Just wanted to say congratulations, that's brilliant news. Really excited for you.

Food wise don't forget pregnant ladies get extra healthy extras........can't remember exactly how many but know you def get extra calcium allowance.

Toni. Xx

Good afternoon all

Just up from my nipnapnoo :p -I snuggled up on the sofa with blanky and had 40mins -oooooooh it felt like a full nights sleepy :bliss:.
We have THE comfiest huge leather reclining sofas -so if I wake up in the night again and can't settle Im now going to get up and get on the sofa :4635:-mind Im back at mums Tuesday so that won't be happeing there -ooooh although I will be sleeping on my own so I won't be worried about waking hubby :D

I have woken up to a HUGE storm too big ole lightening bolts and claps of thunder... hopefull it will clear the air....

Wenchie -you are right about the loos out here and they are alway sparkling as they have an attendant all the time :happy036:
I feel sorry for hubby as he does all the driving out here, so no doubt I will doze off :p -
The freezer thing works really well -I switched mine off this morning and by the time I had spoken to mum and gone back down all the ice had fell off ;). I usually do mine every couple of months but when we settle in back home Im having a weekly Tesco delivery so there should be no *stock piling* and overfilling the blooming thing in the 1st place.

Sarah...
Luckily at the moment I only want the "good stuff" -especially my beloved salad sandwiches on hovis wholemeal granary :drool: then its pretty much milk, fruit and activias that Im loving. Im not fussed about going off red meat although I am sulking that they recommend NOT having liver as I love love love cow liver :D and would merrily eat that and its sooo full of iron -but where as they used to encourage eating it now they say it has too much Vitamin A in it :mad:
At the moment Im getting some iron via my plums, black grapes, beetroot etc. I was once veggie and even vegan for several years and never got anemic so Im hoping my body handles the lack of red meat.
How are things going with you and your little one?

Thanks lonestitcher -as if I would be thinking about x-stitching things allready :whistle:. I don't usually like cute things but Im sure I will find some thing suitable for a nursery -the "somebunny to love" range are rather sweet, although with how much work x-stitches take I will look for something that will be sutable for a little longer ;)

Hi Wicca.... I know that you get extra hex's when you are breastfeeding but I wasn't sure if you got any when pregnant I will have to look it up *keeping pinkies crossed as I LOVE semi skimmed milk right now and would happily have more than 500ml on red/green

WellI have decided to do hubby easy cheesy chorizo veg pasta tonight -its soooo quick and easy and it happens to be one of his faves -so he will be happy (can see him getting lots of this as things progress :p)

Hope everyone is having a good week,,,,, be back later.....

ooooooooooh I have found the answer :D

If I do EE I get an extra 1A+1B but as I usually do red/green then I don't get extras -however it will help asa it means I can do EE sometimes but have 2A+Bs , so like tonight if I wanted, even though I have had 1heBs for bread I could still have potatoes etc with my dinner..... it won't happen often really but its worth knowing -thanks for pointing it out to me wicca,,,,
Shame I don't get extra heAs though :p
Mind I can always buy more milk with my sysn when I need it...

Hi Capricorn:) one of my friends who goes to group is 12 weeks pregnant. Consultant has said she wants her to maintain throughout pregnancy. So I'd imagine that means the extra healthy extras:) maintaining would mean a big 1-2 stone loss all at once on d-day!

Sarah83 - I was totally the opposite than you. Before I knew I was pregnant my husband was very surprised to see his vegetarian wife standing at the raw meat counting saying "mmmm I fancy a steak" :8855: I've struggled with anaemia ever since due to fibroids so I'm a firm believer in giving in to your cravings, your body is telling you you need something, so Capricorn your baby probably needs calcium right now :) And I agree, you should be looking to maintain your weight or if you relax a bit keep your weight gain to 1-2 stone. I made the mistake of seeing pregnancy as a reason to eat, and gained 5 stone and I'm still trying to lose it eleven years on :eek::eek::eek:

Just wanted to drop in to say congratulations on your wonderful news! As one life comes to an end with your m-i-l another life begins, the circle of life is a wonderful thing ... oooh I'm having a bit of a Lion King moment :8855: that line was a combo of "circle of life" and a line from "hakuna matata". Your head will be filled with nonsense too when MiniCap comes into the big wide world! I didn't have my daughter until I was 37 and it has been the best thing that ever happened to me, the joy she has brought to me is indescribable and I'm sure it will be the same for you and your hubby!

Anyway good luck with the move! Be good to yourself and don't do too much! I didn't have any cravings when I was pregnant but I did use it as an excuse to drink lots of chocolate milk, just because I like it!! :D

Morning all :D- had a better sleep last night, still had a couple of hours staring at the roof, but still much better than of late :bliss:

Im back on a green day today, I really didn't enjoy the chicken yesterday so I can see lots of green days coming up -hey ho, I guess its cheaper too...not to mention scrummy :p

I have NO hovis wholemeal granary left :cry: -so Im having to make do with bog standard hovis wholemeal *bah humbug*
so then today looks like this:-

Green:-
  • 1 banana
    [*]2 clementines
    [*]2 plums
  • 4 hovis wholemeal (2xB +10syns)
    [*]spread (2)
    [*]salad cream (1)
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]red onion
    [*]beetroot
    [*]red/yellow peppers
  • mixed berries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
  • big ole salad
    [*]Home made oven chippy chips (0.5) for oil
    [*]salad cream
    (1)
  • 500ml semi (2xA)
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
So I make that a not so little -2A+Bs and 19.5 syns -which leaves me 40.5 syns to cover Friday and Saturday :D

I reckon that once Im back at mums Im going to make up some watercress, broccoli soup etc -so I can get some more iron in me without much effort -I can then have a bowl of that with my salad sandwich -I can probably make do with 2 slices of bread at a time that way too ;)

Hi mini mog, before I found out I was expecting I was planning on joing a SW class as soon as I got back but Im not paying every week whilst expecting, so Im not necessarily expecting to lose much -but I would be thrilled to maintain or even just keep the gain to a minimum.

KayJay - Im pretty good at listening to what my body needs -I know so Im just trying to carry on doing the same. To be honest I have always liked dairy stuff -especially activia intensely creamy yogs -so Im quite enjoying my milk at the moment,
I was vegan many moons ago and never really felt I was missing out so Im not surprised that I have gone of meat again (although it was good ole bacon that lured me back in the first place :p).
As long as my body doesn't start demanding junk it will get what it asks for, I really can't see any actual NEED for anything junky nutritionally so, I can probably over ride that -*fingers crossed* that I stick with wanting my salad sandiches :8855:
OzzieMoz -I love the lion king -hubby reckons Im Pumba :eek: anyone would think I have "wind issues" :8855:.
Its odd because we have always said "1 in 1 out" -when we lost my dad many years ago my nephew was born almost 9 months to the day.
oooh my head is allready all over the place so gawd help me when I develope "baby brain" -or should that be gawd help hubby, he reckons I talk jibberish most of the time anyway :D

Well I have a bit more sorting planned for later, and then hubby knocks of work this evening so tomorrow will be a dash to pick up the fresh foody bits for our journey and then a final couple of days sorting then Im done -well at this end anyway....

Right Im off to make lunch ..nomnomnom...
Have a lovely afternoon all...

Back