Step 1 Sole Source + Baby - I'm Back

omg so people stay on sole source for 12weeks?! for some reason i thought the whole diet is only 12 weeks with all the steps included wow that is a shocker hmmm i supposed you would get used to it

Yep! I think that's the main reason people use this diet. It's my main one anyway. You do adjust, assume days are weirder than others but it's good to see results so easily x

awww that’s great i found the smell weird but now i just accept it haha. you will definitely feel good about yourself at the end once it’s over and the final result is worth it
The smell is definitely weird at first. The first time I had something ever I wanted to quit. It was maple pecan porridge and it was disgusssssssting and I cried haha they don't make that anymore. I persevered though. Think my brain just remembers certain ones I've had before now lol

Look FaeFae - you have practically made this board active!

i have a question sorry to interrupt ur thread😩 it’s just hard to find people that are also doing CD
so you know how they say the cambridge diet is for 12 weeks how many weeks is each step split into? is sole source for 2 weeks because surely it can’t be for 12 right...

You can interrupt the thread as much as you want to Liyah - as we need more traffic on this board. I have the booklet so can give more details in a little while. Keep on going.

Day 2 :stickdance:
I've not been hungry at all, but I'm already noticing where I'd have snacked or ate extra out of boredom! Have felt a bit weak on and off as my body adjusts to how much energy it wants to burn to sustain normal function I presume. Bit of the squits now and then (mmm) but otherwise all good.

Off to a good start :woohoo:

Hey - looks like you are doing well. Yup, done and dusted. Don't dwell - just keep on going!
I haven't gone on the scales yet this week (I'm normally tempted by Thursday) but I might see tomorrow.
When I started in Feb - I set myself a 1.5kg loss goal each week and after seven weeks I told myself I would be happy if I was a certain weight. Well I actually got to my goal 2 weeks early which amazed me so this is all going really well.
I am going to have to stop CD though in about 7 days as with the situation and everything, I can't afford the crazy prices now. I was hoping that my counsellor might offer reduced prices (as we all should be helping each other right?) but she hasn't - and instead has messaged saying DpD can deliver but it's a minimum of a four week food order.
I'm not fussed to be honest. I bought an amazing Diet Chef bundle from Groupon (ask more if you want to know) so when CD runs out, I'll just switch onto this.

oh no!! That sucks about having to stop. It would be better if the company as a whole reduced things, but I guess they buy the products in advance dont they so they lose their own money directly, rather than the companies, if they discount too much maybe? Dunno? Sounds like you've done amazingly though since you restarted. You could always just to very low carb diet and gradually reintroduce. Hows work?

Day four done and dusted, too. :stickdance:Today was a long day with a relentlessly grumpy toddler so im glad to be having my hot mint chocolate and an early night soon ha!

Is the hot mint chocolate the shake? I have only ever had them cold. How do you do that?

Yeah tis the shake..I just make it like I make the soup :) I use a bit more water in both soup and shakes so there's more of it haha. I have a little cold and the rest boiled water, maybe 100:200ml and just add the shake and stir. Hard to get lumps out but soooo good warm.

I have a virtual quiz night tonight so that will take my mind off food!

Weekends are always the toughest aren't they. Have you been tempted (or even been) on the scales yet? I went on on Friday, and it said 1.3kg off last Monday's weigh in which was good. I have baked Quiche Lorraine, choc chip cookies and spiced nuts with cranberries over the past two days for OH and neighbours and haven't had any myself. I love baking though.

They all kinda merge into one day for me at home with toddler haha. I actually don't own any scales! Consultant had to bring them to start off haha. Oh wow that's impressive. I haven't made any exciting so it hasn't been tempting.

Day 6 completed. Feeling rather hormonal so fully expecting a female form sabotage of my first weigh in tomorrow, but nay mind. I might not actually be able to have one if this scratchy throat becomes a cough 😬😬 noooo plague. I am healthy!!

Almost completed week one! Tidy

Hope you enjoyed your quiz, Ben! How are you doing? How was it done virtually?

Yes the quiz went well!
It's quite windy outside today, makes a change from the sunny weather we have been having all week.
I bet you are looking forward to your weigh in aren't you! What are you hoping to lose?!

If I can recommend a programme it's Miriam's Big Fat Adventure. Miriam Margolyes. 2 parter and it was on BB2 this month.

If I lose 1.5k I'll be happy. Anything else is a bonus :) Will let you know in the morning!

Back