Step 1 Sole Source + Baby - I'm Back

Look it up and ask Dr about it If you pee loads and are always thirsty.

it can be from pituitary insufficiency which can be caused by loads of things, head injury, heamorage in/after birthing, benign tumours. Often can happen with other hormone issues like too much Cortisol (Cushing's syndrome) or too little (Addison's), thyroid stimulating hormone over or under production, female hormone issues....

if you have Cushing's like symptoms as well as the thirst and peeing tonnes it's def worth looking into maybe
Oh I will look into this...I had a thyroid tumour removed many years ago but don't need to take medication...hmmm...does it cause problems with weight too?

Can do yes, especially if you have something causing too much cortisol. Think growth hormone deficiency can cause weight problems too. Not enough Cortisol is usually weight loss though.

Has anyone in your family had endocrine tumours before

Can do yes, especially if you have something causing too much cortisol. Think growth hormone deficiency can cause weight problems too. Not enough Cortisol is usually weight loss though.

Has anyone in your family had endocrine tumours before
Nobody as far as I know...would this have shown up on a full blood count in hospital or would it be specific tests ?

No wouldn't show on a blood count that I know of. It'll show in hormones. Do you or have you ever had to take steroids and are you on any birth control? They can affect cortisol levels on tests and the former can affect the adrenal glands a bit.

The test for diabetes insipidus is first to measure urine over 24 hours and then they do a water deprivation test. You'll pee loads even if you don't drink but there's more to the test than that.

The first test for Cushing's is usually taking your cortisol level by blood between 8&9am but you can't be on any birth control or steroids or it will give a high reading. If that's high they do a dexamethasone supression test.

There are some genetic conditions that can lead to having more than one endocrine tumour in various places, which was why I asked about family, but your thyroid might have been damaged by your op and cause problems too I guess.

No wouldn't show on a blood count that I know of. It'll show in hormones. Do you or have you ever had to take steroids and are you on any birth control? They can affect cortisol levels on tests and the former can affect the adrenal glands a bit.

The test for diabetes insipidus is first to measure urine over 24 hours and then they do a water deprivation test. You'll pee loads even if you don't drink but there's more to the test than that.

The first test for Cushing's is usually taking your cortisol level by blood between 8&9am but you can't be on any birth control or steroids or it will give a high reading. If that's high they do a dexamethasone supression test.

There are some genetic conditions that can lead to having more than one endocrine tumour in various places, which was why I asked about family, but your thyroid might have been damaged by your op and cause problems too I guess.
No steroids and no birth control as I've been single for a long time and now I'm in a long distance relationship so it's not needed. I guess once things calm down with corona I will be making an appointment to discuss all this. Thanks for the info :)

No worries :) they're all really rare things but worth looking into if you've had other endocrine problems for sure :) especially if you have symptoms.

If you have the money you can buy saliva tests for cortisol on places like medichecks and that might give you an idea. If they are all high then it's of to the drs you go x

No worries :) they're all really rare things but worth looking into if you've had other endocrine problems for sure :) especially if you have symptoms.

If you have the money you can buy saliva tests for cortisol on places like medichecks and that might give you an idea. If they are all high then it's of to the drs you go x
Saving every penny for my holiday and nope...too expensive for me.(Single parent and on ESA due to chronic illness -oh maybe that affects it too-I have fibromyalgia)

Hello ladies. How are we both?! If anyone else is reading this, feel free to join our merry trio!

Hey Ben, ok. Wishing there was another adult in this quarantined household to help with the terrible two tantrums that are super intense due to the circumstances 😬😬😬

How are you doing?

Yes I'm doing ok thanks - enjoyed my Diet Chef meals tonight but I also have WW meals in the freezer. I need to free up space in the freezer also so I'm spoilt for (diet) choice so I will see what I fancy tomorrow.
If I lose 1kg this week, then that's cool with me as I am upping my calories slightly now although switching from semi skimmed to skimmed milk for 7 weeks now mean I will probably continue it as I am used to the change.
Every little helps!

Hello everyone! Good to see you. I figured quarantine for ages is a good time to go into a cocoon and emerge slimmer at the end of it! Like a rebirth :)

Hi FaeFaeFiFi

I love your charts and before and after pics! It's so hard to regain after working so hard to finally get it off. I was 151 only last year. Gained 32 pounds stress eating in 2019.

Today was a long day with a relentlessly grumpy toddler so im glad to be having my hot mint chocolate and an early night soon ha!

I hear you. I have two toddlers -- 3.5 and 23 months. The 3.5 year old is Autistic, so he acts between 2 & 3, lol.

Hello ladies. How are we both?! If anyone else is reading this, feel free to join our merry trio!

I'm not doing CD (or Exante). In fact, I've not heard of either of them. I actually thought this was FaeFaeFiFi's diary, lol.

Yes I'm doing ok thanks - enjoyed my Diet Chef meals tonight but I also have WW meals in the freezer. I need to free up space in the freezer also so I'm spoilt for (diet) choice so I will see what I fancy tomorrow.
If I lose 1kg this week, then that's cool with me as I am upping my calories slightly now although switching from semi skimmed to skimmed milk for 7 weeks now mean I will probably continue it as I am used to the change.
Every little helps!
Hey Ben, Oh yes, I forgot you were having to leave CD! Hows it going with better choice? Sounds irresistible haha Good luck with your loss this week!

Hey Steampunk Chic, good to meet you. Ah wow you must be super busy. Ive a friend with a son with additional needs, and hes awesome but runs her ragged :) Yeah its bloody frustrating when life leads to gains but its an education I guess, isnt it? haha. This is my diary yep, but its my diary in the Cambridge Weight Plan / Cambridge Diet section haha. The board is so quiet that we've all just clustered here to entertain eachother lol

I guess i'd better get writing an actual diary entry haha.

Still don't know what i've lost - scaleless - so will measure again on Monday if they're still not gonna do weigh ins cause of the virus chaos. Still on plan. Had to turn over and seed my front garden lawn yesterday which was probably a bit more exertion than I should have done and was a bit hungrier but alright today. Can feel my body changing already, and my skin feels better. Most noticeable thing is somehow my centre of gravity has shifted enough that my continuous lower back pain is improved a bit. I think of everything, drinking seven million pints of water has led to a vast improvement in multiple ways, which is always nice. Last night I stayed up later and I think I would have probably ordered a big takeaway if I wasn't on the diet, so I noticed that habit trying to rise out of boredom. So far i've learned/noticed how much excess food I ate from daughters leftovers and picking, from eating when bored or stressed, from eating badly due to low energy to make a decent meal, waiting too long to eat and getting too hungry and indulging when daughter is sleeping 'cause i deserve the reward' when shes finally asleep and I survived the day... however its not much of a reward to gorge, gain weight and put strain on my body. Every time I see my reflection I am trying to shower my body in gratitude - for giving me my daughter, for giving me life and my experiences and for remaining pretty healthy considering how badly I treat it - and it helps me to appreciate where I am rather than wishing the weight and inches would fall off so then I could like myself.

Last edited:
Hi FaeFaeFiFi

I love your charts and before and after pics! It's so hard to regain after working so hard to finally get it off. I was 151 only last year. Gained 32 pounds stress eating in 2019.

I hear you. I have two toddlers -- 3.5 and 23 months. The 3.5 year old is Autistic, so he acts between 2 & 3, lol.

I'm not doing CD (or Exante). In fact, I've not heard of either of them. I actually thought this was FaeFaeFiFi's diary, lol.

Hello! Welcome on board. Yes it can be FaeFaeFifi's diary, or Blubell's diary or even your diary steampunk. This site is really quiet (I used to be an active member years ago, in about 2010 wish but it's so quiet now. We were trying to start a revolution... wanna join? ;)

Thinking about it maybe we should start a chat post. It's going to be really hard for me to follow my diary because there's so many people chatting about their own stuff on my specific post about my own journey 😂 I'll make one now

Hey Ben, Oh yes, I forgot you were having to leave CD! Hows it going with better choice? Sounds irresistible haha Good luck with your loss this week!

The board is so quiet that we've all just clustered here to entertain eachother lol

Still don't know what i've lost - scaleless - so will measure again on Monday if they're still not gonna do weigh ins cause of the virus chaos. Still on plan. Had to turn over and seed my front garden lawn yesterday which was probably a bit more exertion than I should have done and was a bit hungrier but alright today. Can feel my body changing already, and my skin feels better. Most noticeable thing is somehow my centre of gravity has shifted enough that my continuous lower back pain is improved a bit. I think of everything, drinking seven million pints of water has led to a vast improvement in multiple ways, which is always nice. Last night I stayed up later and I think I would have probably ordered a big takeaway if I wasn't on the diet, so I noticed that habit trying to rise out of boredom. So far i've learned/noticed how much excess food I ate from daughters leftovers and picking, from eating when bored or stressed, from eating badly due to low energy to make a decent meal, waiting too long to eat and getting too hungry and indulging when daughter is sleeping 'cause i deserve the reward' when shes finally asleep and I survived the day... however its not much of a reward to gorge, gain weight and put strain on my body. Every time I see my reflection I am trying to shower my body in gratitude - for giving me my daughter, for giving me life and my experiences and for remaining pretty healthy considering how badly I treat it - and it helps me to appreciate where I am rather than wishing the weight and inches would fall off so then I could like myself.

Well I had a chicken and blackbean meal last night which was nice -I also bought these 90kal fibre bars when the were half price in my online shop so I am having one of those as as a snack in the evening. I had muesli this morning - it's just nice not having to have the shakes every day. They say a change is as good as a rest.
I also have converted my weight loss from kgs into stones/lbs to see how I am doing. If I lose 4 more pounds, I am going to try and see if my slim fit lovely work shirts fit. They cost £25 each and I have 3 still in the original packaging unopened. They are beautiful and I know it will do me the world of good if they fit again. I like shopping at Gant, if you know it. It's kind of nautical themed but I love their colours. I have trousers from them which are orange/green/salmon/sky blue etc so they stand out, but at the moment, don't fit (they will do though!)

I hate quoting massive posts but there are so many positive things in this FFF (I'm just called you that from now on, too much typing out otherwise!) that I felt I had to.

1. Scaleless - Is that actually a word?!
2. Drinking 7 million pints of water? I told you to aim for 8! Must do better. But seriously, with you all having to stay at home, I know one reason I don't drink as much when I am at work is that I cannot easily nip to the toilet (due to my job) but you can and use your own toilet.
There's nothing like your own toilet is there.
3. I love your last few sentences. Quite eye catching. Recognising that you yourself have put your body through this torture and basically, if I can be blunt, sabotaged it (remember I have too so I'm not preaching!) and now facing up to the consequences. When you are feeling a little low, come on here and send us a message and we are quite good at regularly posting now. I make a point of logging on every day to see what I can contribute to the discussion (when it gets to 'women's things' though you are on your own, (Blubell and steampunk can help you with that!). But yes, give thanks for having a wonderful daughter, staying pretty healthy etc. when I start to lose weight I start thinking of little percentages going down in my head (e.g. risk of this condition is reducing, risk of this is slightly lower etc.)

Oh and yes we are definitely trying to entertain each other!

They sounds like great colours! I'm not going to reply too much here (sorry, you wrote loads!! haha) because I just made this New post for us to chat on for general day to day chit chat so I can keep my diary like a diary lol

Good plans, good advice! The shirts and trousers sound super funky and you will definitely do it :) Keep fighting the good fight.

Scaleless is now a word, i need more than 8 pints of water personally but not 7m haha

Ooh new post...see you there-we did kind of take over your diary didn't we? By the way I also love your last few sentences. I am definitely guilty of not loving my body...I need to work on that.

So I am leaving Cambridge Diet once and for all, seeing as they don't keep me in ketosis anymore. Its not work being starving to be skinny. Its not a healthy mental and psychical association for losing weight. Ketosis is a short stint before working up through healthy life changes and learnign eating patterns but not doing it starving. Hell nooooo. I have my products left til monday evening so I will persevere until then but I have just ordered myself some Exante products. Don't really know how to transfer my diary to a different section now though. I've also had to order myself a microwave too as I dont have one. Sad to lose my consultant as she was nice but things being cheaper and easier isnt a kick in the teeth. Maybe one day i'll buy some weighing scales too haha!

So three more days on CD and thats two weeks up, then i'll switch to four Exante products instead. Looked at all the carb contents and theyre a lot lower than cambridge products if you need to have four, as I do. It explains why i've been a super grumpy cow bag and ratty, because hunger does that to me. Endless hanger... I owe my daughter better than the misery mother I have been. Nothing is worth her being sad cause I am groucho.

To end the first chapter and begin anew. And to sit still for three days feeling weak, wobbly, hungry and dizzy.

Back