Baby steps

Day 13. Two days to go to WI#2. I dont feel any thinner. I will be happy with a three pound loss each week. Anything more is a bonus. Anything less is proof that no other diet would work for me. Ive tried WW and other diets but always STS. I mustn't have any muscle left.

I'm doing OK. Not hungry but was really tempted to eat last night. Eldest was in a school play last night and did really really well. We went for McDs after and I really really wanted to join in. Instead I ignored everyone for half an hour, got into a little strop when the baby kept jumping on me and pulling at my bowl while I tried to eat my veggie soup. Was so fed up I just went to bed. Misery Guts Me.

Oh Well. Am better this morning. At the pool now with the kids. Long long day ahead....

Belle

Oh dear. Its still Saturday. Endlesssssss

Bellerine said:
Oh dear. Its still Saturday. Endlesssssss

Hi belle I've just started exante today! I'm not sure how this site works but your post have really inspired me! I am a compulsive dieter and through that have reach 17stone 4lbs!! I'm off to work in India in April and I'm now determined to lose as much as possibly before this! Not only is it 45c when I'm there I have to cover up! Having travelled to poorer countries before and be stared at and poked and prooded because if my size I'm determined to get off what I can! Day one and I need your support already! I can do this!

WI#2 - 5lbs down!!!!!!

Belle

Last edited:
Hi there Newcomer13. 13? Lucky for some?

I'm sorry i didnt see yoir post til now. My computer went on the fritz. Phone died and had no charger. I am just being totally honest about this diet. It does really work and is a LOT easier to stick to than you expect.... Are you doing a diary i can follow?? Best of luck. Water is the trick. Keep drinking.

Today is weigh in day and i lost 5lbs!!!! Am thrilled to bits. My friend commented on my visiblly shrunken tummy this morning at the pool. Feel good.really want this to work.

Now i know for sure that i am an emotional eater. On sat everything went wrong. Computer phone and car all malfunctioning and the kids bickered all day. I spent a fortune on Nintendo games for them and then they fought over them. The five yr old whined all day about things i couldnt fix. If i was Sophie i wouldnt have had to ponder my choice!! ( u know as in the movie. Hope that doesnt go over the more youthful heads).

So sat evening i was stressed to shaking. My usual coping mechanism is to eat. I couldnt see any other way to cope with the overwhelming stress and frustration. My head felt like it was going to explode. And they still wouldnt leave me alone. Mom. Mom. Oh god....

So i ate an extra bar. That didnt work. So my OH eventually came home from work and i got the thrill of gojng to tescos for an hour. I walked around and cleared my head. I bought tesco roast chicken slices - v low carbs and low cals. I ate that. All of it. 200gms. It was a little disgisting cos there were bits of bone in it. But i ate it anyway. Then i bought five burgers from yhe fresh meat cpunter and went home and ate three of them with melted cheeae on top. My stomach has shrunk cos i was finally full. I then could cope and went to bed. I stuck to the plan yesterday and was amazed that i am still in ketosis. Ok today again. Those demons keep striking. Its awful. I must deal with emotional eating if i am to succeed. I am patting myself on the back though with my choice of bad food. I was going to burgerking at one point but my good angel talked me out of it. Feel good today strong again. Back in the routine.

Sorry so longwinded. But i needed to get that down.

Belle

Day 16!!!! I cannot believe its been 16 days. Ive been focused on hours at the beginning and the days just passed. So here i am. Happy happy happy to be on course still. I weighed myself this morning. I KNOW i shouldnt but i want to. I think not weighing yourself every day would be lile going on a journey and not looking out the window. I am not so focused on the goal. I am trying to enjoy the ride. And its amazing. I am losing about a half pound every day. Just as exante said i would. And its like saving pennies. They add up. This morning the scales showed me at 15 st 13lbs which just made my day. I want to be 15 10 by the weekend so i might go walking...

I watched "Obese a year to save my life" last night. The US version. The lady lost 200 lbs+ in a year. But she needed surgery after. They said anyone losing 40-50% of their body weight will be a candidate for a lower body lift. I DON'T WANT SURGERY. I DON'T WANT SAGGY SKIN. Am a bit scared of what ive done to my body. Does everyone get saggy tummys requiring surgery. Ill post on main thread.

Belle

Just looking at the numbers there. I was 17 st on the day after i started (didnt weigh myself on day one) and yesterday i weighed in at 16 stone. So my ticker thing is a pound out and ive actually lost a stone already. Im not gonna bother changing it but..

Belle

Hi belle!! Yes yes 13 is my lucky number and it seems to be working! I am now about to finish day 4 total solution! I now it's sounds strange but massive achievement for me
I have done Cambridge in the past and always cheated never even completed a full day! So to be on day 4 feels great! I don't know how to start a diary, I might try and figure it out today!
Belle by day four where you still hungry?! My belly constantly still feels hungry! Thanks for keeping me inspired! I started at 17.4 so I think we have similar amounts to lose! Well done for getting this far and recovering from the stressful day and getting straight back on it!!!

Ah gees 13. Thanks. The hunger pangs are a sign you are going into ketosis. You'll know when you are there. You suddenly dont feel hungry at all! And have more energy! You must be just there.

Well done you for getting through the four days. They are the hard part. The rest is just trying to keep head in the zone. Now its not easy sometimes (as ive admitted) but its a lot easier than day 1-4!

I didnt weigh myself on day 1. I was over 17 stone but i didnt want to know by how much. Im doing really well now. The water is key. Keep drinking. And eat the shakes/ bars before you get hungry. Its easier that way. Weigh in 1 is just a few days away...

Belle

Last edited:
Day 17. Still here. The tesco rasp bars are super yummy. Living on them practically. Feeling full all the time. No pains. No hunger pangs. Plain sailing. Im trying to reduce my stress levels cos that seems to be the main trigger for emotional eating. I have a v stressful job. Always something going pearshaped and its up to me to sort it out. I have a tendancy to procrastinate which then causes huge stress. Im leaving the job in two weeks cos i just cant take it anymore. I have loads to do before then. Things i shudda done a year ago but. I just want to get through it

On a positive not my jacket now closes!!

Belle

Well done you for leaving your job! It's a brave decision but the right one if it is making you unhappy! On day 5 now and still hungry! I am cold all the time And have bad breath so
Presume i am in ketosis so can't understand why I am still hungry! I have followed exante 100% and had nothing but the bars shakes and soups! Maybe im a late bloomer fingers crosses for tomorrow ketosis!
Must be great for that jacket to now do up!!

Oh yes 13. The jacket now closes and its warmer!!! I couldnt bring myself to buy a bigger size so ive been freezing..!

Hurrah for you on day 5. Well it must be day 6 now. WELL DONE. if you're still hungry you might need to drink more water. It really helps if you can get 3 litres in every day. Although NOT all at once. Yesterday i drank two litres in an hour (i was bored waiting on kids in pool) and i was dizzy after...

You must be there. Bad breath is GOOD!

To set up a diary just go to the exante main page and at the end odf the diarys boz hit new threat. Simples!

Belle

Day 18, i think. I can't get over this diet. It is doable. I can see my body shrinking. I can walk easier cos ive lost weight off my thighs. I ran yesterday. Yes i said RAN! My clothes fit so much better. My pajama bottoms keep falling down to my hips. My face has lost its bulging fatty contorted look and looks like me more than it has in years. My eyesight is better. Yes. My freakin eyesight has improved a little. Wow. So i need to not get too excited by the fact that my liver has started functioning again!!! I need to be a boring little ant marching towards my goal, never looking up, marching forward. Head in zone.

Belle

I'm so glad it's going well for you, once you are in a zone its remarkable how quickly you change. Keep up the good work xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Nixib. Thanks. You are doing well. What is "nixib" mean? Dont answer. Ill check out your diary and find out.

I havent been reading other ppls diaries cos i sometimes feel like a hypocondriac. If i hear that someone else is losing hair i will suddenly think i am and fret etc etc. Best not see what struggles others are having cos ill only open a pandoras box of problems. While im doing good ill just leave well enough alone.

And i am doing good. I was out at a table quiz last night with my OH and some friends and i stuck to sparkling water. Im not a big drinker anyway so it wasnt hard. What WAS hard was my ohs visit to the chippers after.. I did ok. Got a little ratty with him though
Water today. Lots of water. And work. Gotta get through this pile of paper......

Belle

It's sooo great to hear how your doing belle! Keeping me motivating as always!! My mission for the weekend is to start my exante diary. Day 7 woohoo!!! Not a morsel of food eaten other than shakes soups and bars! I think I'm finally in ketosis yay! Im going to weigh in tomo with an empty stomach for a true reading! I have discovered ice and coffee in my shakes they now taste sooo much better! Decided I may sell the bars though as I really hate them. Keep going belle your my thinsiparation!!! X

Hey there 13. I cant believe you are on day 7 already!!!! Weigh in tomorrow!!!! Im gonna check out your diary right now..

Belle

Day 19 here on the starship. Stayed to plan but didnt drink half enough water and now craving coke zero but bottle is empty. Those pesky kids....

Am fat. I am a very fat person. I tried on some clothes today and i was shocked at the shape of my stomach. Its flabby fatty horrible. I didnt notice so much before. Now its shakier or something. V sad what ive done to my body. Hard to accept that i am culpable. I did this. I COULD have avoided it. But i didnt care. At least i dont have tattoos all stretchy across my thighs. I suppose it could be worse.

Im finding the diet easy to keep to. Its great to FINALLY BE ON A DIET INSTEAD OF ALWAYS PLANNING ONE AND FEELING BLOODY GUILTY!! HURRAY
Belle

Day 20. I didnt really think i could do it. I have impressed myself. I have impressed my husband. Thete is no reason why i cannot keep going to goal. Seems farfetched and fairytale unbelieveable right now to imagine myself actually getting to goal and being thin again. I get a little stressed thinking about it. Back to baby steps. Get to one o'clock.

I have a huge family dinner this afternoon and i have to eat. I have to cos i dont want any if them to know cos they just ask too many questions and will say v negative disheartening things and perhaps laugh at me. I do not have a nice extended family. Just unlucky i guess. I have a wonderful husband and kids though which makes up for the rest. Anyhow i am planning on making today an aam day. Ill have lots of protein and no carbs.
That sounds like a plan.

Belle

Ps. This diet is slowly robbing me of my sense of humour. I feel obsessed with weight and my flabby stomach and ugly right now. Its keeping me on track dietwise but i havent laughed in days. Closer to crying.

Back