Baby Weight Be Gone!

Part of the reason is that I literally have nothing to wear but maternity clothes - I threw away all of my "big" clothes just before I found out I was pregnant, so that's a big motivator.

I am still wearing my maternity trousers. Don't feel too bad about it being 5 months. I think that you're actually choosing a very good time to be doing the diet. The later it gets the more important it is that they begin to get their nutrients from food. Really for the first several months, it's just about tasting things. The vast majority of their calories will be coming from milk as there aren't many in pureed veg anyway. Starting now means that your son will have a happy and healthy, trim mummy sooner rather than later!

Those are some really good points that I hadn't thought of, thank you EtchaSketch :)

This morning I went clothes shopping. Obviously I haven't lost any weight really yet, but my full pay whilst on maternity leave ends this month so I figured I'd get some clothes to see me through the next few months. Bought some lovely cardigans & dresses in sizes 16 & 18. Some of the 18 ones fit now but don't look too great, so they are definitely clothes to slim into. And of course I have the suitcases full of smaller clothes too... :-/

Breakfast was a banana shake and lunch a caramel. It was hard in town, smelling all the things like coffee shops, waffle bars, restaurants etc. I had a Coke Zero when I got home to cheer me up a bit.

Just made some little cookie type things out of the crispy vanilla shake which were a lovely treat whilst my OH fed the baby. Once he's asleep I'll have a cottage pie, I think. So very cold today, and yesterday evening. Hopefully that's a sign of ketosis?

I'm annoyed at myself for getting on the scales yesterday...and then again today. This morning they were showing I'd gained 4lbs!!! Not happy, especially since this is day 6 and normally when I start the Cambridge diet I lose between 9 & 16lbs in the first week. Bah.

Well, today it has been officially one week since I began. Like an idiot I didn't weigh myself last Monday. This morning the scales are all over the place - got a different reading every time I stepped on them in two different places. Annoying. I almost miss my CDC for her scales, as at least they were an official representation of my weight that I didn't have to stress about averaging etc.

Yesterday was good. My son and I went to watch my partner at his indoor climbing centre, then we had a bit of a walk followed by a lot of TV.

Breakfast: caffe latte shake with an extra spoonful of coffee, yum
Lunch: dark chocolate truffa bar
Dinner: modified Niçoise salad - lettuce, spring onions, some broccoli, olives, tuna and cottage cheese, followed by the chocolate crispy shake made into a brownie type thing

I was amazed at the amount of salad. I'm used to step 2 of Cambridge, or Sole Source, so I was a bit confused by S&S initially & how it could still work as well. Having read a lot of the threads on the forum I now feel better and more positive that the weight will still come off quickly!

Off swimming with my son this morning, so am waiting for him to go down for his pre-swim nap before I try out the cookies & cream shake...

Well done for tackling the baby weight.. I'm over two years on and tackling it, though to be fair, I didn't have a ny baby weight left when they'd arrived, just the lard I'd been carrying around for years. Have fun at swimming and well done for doing a week!

You're salad sounds great. I was craving fresh veg yesterday. For me I'm too tempted to want more, non-veg. Still might add some extra mushrooms to the mushroom pasta though.

Hope you have a good swim.

Thanks guys!

Etch, I used to be really afraid of that too until I did step 2 on Cambridge & really loved it. The weights give me the same kind of restrictions as just having shakes so it doesn't bother me too much.

Swimming was good, we're just doing lessons weekly until my son's used to it all & we can take him off-piste, ha.

Breakfast - cookies & cream shake
Wasn't too keen on this, all cream & barely any cookie and a WEIRD aftertaste. However, I reckon if I mix half of this pack with half a crispy chocolate pack it could be lovely...

Lunch - caffe latte shake
With a spoon of coffee & my milk allowance, almost like a frappuccino :(

Dinner - same salad as yesterday & a bar
I don't know which bar - grabbed it on the fly whilst playing with my son. Had a massive headache & felt awful so just woofed it down.

That's weird actually. Normally I get a headache on the 5th day of the diet and it signals ketosis, for me anyway. It's arrived today, the 8th day. Odd.

I definitely feel slightly smaller already. My jeans are a little looser and my swimming costume was too. Can definitely see my face has changed slightly too. God I love this diet, it works so fast! I tried several things over the first few months post-pregnancy and gave up after a few weeks of feeling no different. Can't wait for the proper weight loss rush :)

Brilliant that your clothes are feeling looser! I wish mine were!

Swimming lessons were great. My daughter and I did two sessions of WaterBabies and she loved it. She's now really comfortable in the water, so it was definitely worth me being in a bathing suit in front of others.

I hope your headache goes away and you're feeling better soon. :)

Thanks for the well wishes! Headache did fade, thankfully.

Today & yesterday have been similarly fine as all other days. I've been hungry, but only around the times I'd be eating anyway. Definite ketosis taste in my mouth in the mornings now!

Yesterday
Breakfast - caramel shake + coffee
Lunch - bag of bar bits (chopped up all my bars & split them equally into freezer bags, so much nicer than one bar!)
Dinner - 2 x packs of spicy spaghetti

Today
Breakfast - strawberry shake
Lunch - cheesy pasta
Dinner - courgette, green pepper, spring onions, chilli pepper & tuna dry fried together in curry powder, much nicer than it sounds!
Dessert - bag of bar bits

This weekend I have a reunion-type gathering with a bunch of friends which has been planned for ages. Last year when we did it I was pregnant & couldn't drink. This year I am going to make up for that. It's very early in the diet to be taking a break, but my partner is being v v supportive and I'm going to make sure I'm not in ketosis, but still not go carb/calorie mad on food. Salads & chicken, that kinda thing, with a few potatoes or something. Looking forward to it, and even already looking forward to getting back onto the diet properly! Crazy.

That's a great attitude to have! When a break is planned, it's so much better than feeling guilty about it after the fact. Knowing that you'll get back on track and are motivated to do so is fantastic! Best to enjoy yourself and know that you will be back on plan right afterwards. That's real life and very healthy I think. Hope you have a brilliant get together!

Okay, so that was a rather longer break than I'd planned...

Basically, after our trip away at the BHol we were going on holiday in 4 days, a holiday that was going to involve lots of being out & about where, after thinking it through properly, doing the diet 100% wasn't going to be a possibility. So I left restarting in full until we were back from that. Then whilst actually on holiday I got a horrific stomach bug and so have been trying to recover since then with bland foods and no dairy... BUT here I am now, ready and raring to go :)

Only problem is we were invited to a dinner party on Saturday aaaages ago which I really want to go to, so am going to try to be hardcore and stick to lean proteins and veg whilst there. It's not like I put much weight ON during my extended break - a stomach bug kinda helps with that - but I obviously haven't lost any more either. So here we go :)

Good first day back on!

Breakfast: caramel shake
Lunch: crispy chocolate shake
Dinner: tuna, lettuce, broccoli, green pepper, spring onion & olives / crispy chocolate shake

Today I'm going to the mums & babies cinema screening of Star Trek, so challenge one presents itself: avoid popcorn. I wonder if they serve Coke Zero in cinemas now? That'd be brilliant.

I did have a mental wobble this morning thinking about the cinema and POPCORN. But then I had a quick mosey in the CD forums at the inspirational photos and am firmly mentally back on track. Some people have achieved such amazing things with VLCDs, and I used to be one of them! I shall be again!

Second and third days were absolutely fine. It's easier getting back into it this time than it was a few weeks ago, which is never normally the case for me!

TUESDAY
Breakfast - vanilla shake with coffee
Lunch - bar bits
Dinner - tuna, spring onion, chilli pepper & green pepper chopped v small with cooked grated cauliflower - this was yummy! / spicy spaghetti

WEDNESDAY
Breakfast - vanilla shake with coffee
Lunch - banana shake
Dinner - leeks, spring onion, green pepper, chilli pepper & courgette steamed together with grilled cumin & chilli chicken / cottage pie

I think I'm going to have a 4-pack day today, as I don't really want to open another can of tuna just yet (more than twice a week is a bit much) and there's no chicken defrosted. Just having the Red Fruits shake now...it's a bit wishy-washy! Doesn't really taste of much in particular. I'm glad I only bought one pack of that, won't be bothering again.

Water wise...I've been out and about a lot the past two days so whilst I've always had the required amount it's never really been more than 3l, and I'm usually able to do up to 5. It is nice that I haven't had to be constantly running to the loo though! ;)

Breakfast - red fruits shake (boring)
Lunch - chicken curry noodle soup (added extra curry powder)
Dinner - 2 x packs of cottage pie

I really wanted hot foods today. Weather was so miserable.

Managed to power through a MASSIVE temptation bump. I was feeling pretty low then had a bit of a row with my partner as I was on the way to Asda to buy fruit & veg for my son, and pretty much made up my mind that I was going to buy a bag of donuts and eat them ALL. I don't know WHY donuts, as I never ever eat them (too greasy-tasting, yuck), but after picking up all of the lovely healthy stuff to make my son's meals I realised what a silly thing it would be to do. No donuts :)

I did however pick up some packs of sugar free jelly...I'm sure I've read somewhere on here that they're not ok any more? Unsure, am going to look into it. I basically got them for any future donut-moments...don't donut, jelly!

Back