Extra Easy Babydragon's Food Diary, with photos

Week 2
Tue 15 Aug

Breakfast: Alpen yoghurt, half a big tub (1 syn) Banana, strawberries, Pineapple, 20 Almonds (Hex B) a teaspoon of honey (1 syn) 2 Big lattes made with Almond milk throughout morning (Hex A)
Lunch: Salad leaves, tin of mixed bean salad. Tin of tuna in spring water. Hot pepper sauce (free)
Dinner: Chicken curry (homemade) Brown rice, Mixed veg.
Snacks: Mango. Edamame beans. Packet of Salted popcorn (4 syns)

6 syns used today / 24.5 for the week (Wed-Thur)

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

Week 2
Wed 15 Aug

Breakfast: Choc overnight oats (Hex A&B) Frozen raspberries, strawberries
Lunch: Savory rice (free, from Aldi) chicken breast. Some leftover curry sauce from last night. Salad leaves.
Dinner: Jacket potato. Canned tuna in spring water, dry fried veg, corgettes, red peppers. Sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)
Snacks: Banana. Edamame beans. Twirl (11.5 syns) 1 packet crispy fries (3.5 syns)

17 syns used today / 7.5 left for the week (Tomorrow)

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

Last edited:
Week 2
Thur 16 Aug

Breakfast: Cornflakes, Almond Milk (Hex A&B) Additional Almond milk used for a latte. Strawbs, Apple.
Lunch: Veg soup (Unofficial 2nd Hex B – was all I had in) Half a big tub of Alpro Yoghurt (1 syn) Honey (1 syn) Plum, pear
Dinner: Homemade prawn curry. Cauliflower rice and broccoli rice.
Snacks: The other half a tub of Alpro yoghurt and 1 tbs of honey, couldn't resist it! Nectarine, apple, peach.

The cauliflower rice was soooo good! Will definitely be putting in an appearance on my Sp days, such a good sub for proper rice!
4 syns used today / Ending the whole week on 101.5 syns, 100% on plan (well, if you don’t count syn storing which many probably do count!)

Weigh in tomorrow AM. I don’t think I’ve lost this week or if I have it’s minimal mostly because it’s day 2 of star week but let’s see! I am tweaking my approach slightly for next week, which I will detail tomorrow when I post my weight in result.

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

Weigh in #2 today …. 1lb lost. As predicted really. As mentioned above, day 3 now of star week so think this may have contributed to the small loss, but hey - still a loss! :)

Am starting week 3 with a few tweaks to what I have previously been doing, just to mix it up a bit and experiment with the plan and what works best for me, my appetite and my weight loss.

This week I will be:

1. Not saving up my syns and calculating them as 105 a week, but sticking to 15 or less per day.
2. Not snacking on anything that isn’t speed free, so no low fat noodles, roasted chick peas etc. Free foods for meals only.
3. Trying hard to get my 2 – 3 litres of water a day in, have struggled with this on some days.
4. Having 3 SP days a week, instead of 2.
5. Carefully measuring out my Hex A & Bs, no guestimates!
6. Less “double carbing” So, trying to not have heavy carbs on both my lunch AND dinner (for non SP days) Will try and keep one of my main meals as light on carbs as possible. Just because I don’t feel great when I’ve had too much rice/potatoes, especially when I almost always have a carb heavy breakfast with my overnight oats.

Great planning and goal setting. I find that not double carbing makes me feel better, but I need to carry more snacks as by the time I get home from commuting I can get into a feeding frenzy I'm so hangry! That's been my downfall this week I feel. I've been using my syns on extra wholemeal bread and pitta and oil.
A 1 pound loss is great, every pound counts, see how many you loose over a month. In the monthly challenge I've put down to loose 5lbs fir the August challenge. I lost four in the 1st week, maintained the following week. Still a great loss.
Keep it up!

Great planning and goal setting. I find that not double carbing makes me feel better, but I need to carry more snacks as by the time I get home from commuting I can get into a feeding frenzy I'm so hangry! That's been my downfall this week I feel. I've been using my syns on extra wholemeal bread and pitta and oil.
A 1 pound loss is great, every pound counts, see how many you loose over a month. In the monthly challenge I've put down to loose 5lbs fir the August challenge. I lost four in the 1st week, maintained the following week. Still a great loss.
Keep it up!

Ha! Hangriness is the worst :-D
Thanks for the support, really appreciate it. Liking your food diary too.
I'm definitely going to have a bigger loss next week, watch this space! Aiming for a round stone in my first month, so that will be 2 lbs per week for the next 2 weeks.

Week 3
Friday 18 Aug

Breakfast: Smoothie. Almond Milk (half Hex A) 20g Oats (Half Hex B) a banana (am going to be good and go by the books and count this as 4.5 syns) 1 tsp honey (1 syn) 1 tbs peanut butter (4 syns)
A Peach, an apple.
Lunch: Edemame beans, roasted chick peas, Carrot sticks, pepper sticks, cucumber sticks, crab sticks.
Dinner: Egg fried rice with chicken (Brown rice, 2 x eggs, roasted peppers and corgettes, chicken breast) Tender stem broccoli. Half a tub of Alpro yoghurt (1 syn) banana, frozen raspberries, 1 peach. 1 crumbled up Alpen light bar (2nd half Hex B)

Snack: 1 packet of pop corn (4 syns)

2nd half Hex A used for coffee (more almond milk)
14.5 syns used today

Really fancied a breakfast smoothie today and it was really good! Was quite syn heavy so not something I would have every week, but would definitely have it again occasionally.

Lunch was pretty random and thrown together, but again just something I really fancied! Am working from home today and it took me ages to eat as I was just picking at it while working. Was really nice actually, can see myself having it regularly.

Am feeling very deflated to be honest after my small loss this week but I know I may well be retaining a lb or 2 this week, so I’ll just hope for a bit of a better loss next week!
----
Damn it!! Edited, as I realised I have added a teaspoon of honey to my desert too, so actually ending the day on 15.5 syns! Genuine error, wasn't trying to sneak it in there :-D

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0535.JPG

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats on the loss! the prawn curry looked nice, never had cauli/brocolli rice before.

Cauli rice is going to be one of my essentials from now on, along with the Alpro products. so so good. Broccoli rice was a bit, meh ..

Week 3
Saturday 19 August

Breakfast: 3 x Quorn sausages (3 syns) 2 x oven baked tomatoes, tin of beans, 2 x eggs
Lunch: Tin of tuna. 4 x Ryvita (Hex B) Sweet chilli sauce (2) Carrot and cucumber sticks, edamame beans.
Dinner: Savory rice, mixed salad. Aldi Mussels in White Wine Sauce (8)
Snacks: Yoghurt (1) Honey (1) Frozen raspberries, banana. Some Choc Alpro (Hex A)

Ending the day on 15 syns.
Dinner was amazing, the mussels are delish!! Will be buying some every week I think, so worth the syns.

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

Week 3
Sun 20 Aug (SP day)

Breakfast: Super speedy Overnight oats, 40g oats, choc Alpro (Hex A & B) a grated carrot, a grated apple. Frozen raspberries.
Lunch: Mixed salad. Prawns, Sweet chilli sauce (2)
Dinner: Broccoli Rice, chicken curry
Snacks: Half a big tub Alpro Yoghurt (1) Apple, raspberries, 2 x crumbled Alpen light bars (2nd Hex B) 1 cadbury twirl crumbled into yoghurt (11.5 syns)

Ending the day on 14.5 syns
Breakfast - I have heard of grating carrot and apple into oats to really bulk it up on Sp days. I couldn't taste them at all, but I wouldn't have it again as it really affected the texture, it wasn't as smooth and creamy as it usually is.
Desert so so good, I licked the bowl! Could eat it again.
Also had probably 2 x apples and 2 x nectarines during the day too.

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

Week 3
Mon 21 Aug

Breakfast: Choc Alpro overnight oats (Hex A&B) Melon.
Lunch: Carrot sticks, pepper sticks, edememe beans, roasted chick peas, Seafood sticks.
Dinner: Quorn mince chili. Quorn mince, tinned tomatoes, garlic, chili packet mix (4 syns) Brown rice. Tender stem broccoli.
Snacks: Half a large tub of Alpro yoghurt (1) frozen raspberries, apple. Small chocolate bar (9 syn)

Ending day on 14 syns

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

Yum! What did you roast your chickpeas in?

Few sprays of fry light, a sprinkle of chili powder, black pepper and salt. Roast for around 20 mins of a medium heat. Lush!

Back