bachelors savoury rice

Yep, majority of them are xx

Yes, Ruthy is right the Batchelors one seem to be free on green. I bought the Tesco's own ones this week (cos i'm a cheapsgate) and some of them have syns which i didn't realise. Mind you only 1 to 1.5 per whole pack so not too bad.

I was surprised they were free as thye have about 350 cals per pack and it isn't that filling < I didn't think so anyway>

So last time I had some I added loads of frozen peppers, onions, mushrooms, chilli and some extra veg... made it into a huge meal that I could'nt eat at one go.... and It didn't take any longer to cook, I just put everything in the same pan at the same time as the rice....

Does anyone add anything else to theirs?

Hi, yes, i like to let mine either cool a little or go cold and chop up salad to go in it (apple, carrot, pepper, onion, cucumber, celery, lettuce, tomatoes) plus chop up 3 Mini Babybel Light (HEA), found it makes a lovely filling lunch.

That sounds yummy, never thought about letting it go cold....

Yea, i do the same with cous cous too (and i make them up with some Chicken Bovril to add a bit of flavour if you just have the plain ones).

You can also add hard boiled eggs (free food) as well as or instead of the Babybels.

Makes a good packed lunch to take to work i find - and your colleagues will be eyeing you suspiciously and making comments like "i thought you were on a diet" LOL

I chop chunky salad veg up and throw it in too! and i eat it either hot or cold!
Just great
yay to savoury rice!

My leader says she adds a pkt of savoury rice when she is making homemade soup. I love mine cold with tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and raw onion thro it served with some cottage cheese on the side.

I had a packet for the first time this week. I had it with fried off quorn pieces, chopped hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, sauteed courgettes and cheese from HEX.

Hi Sarahgillian,

Welcome to Slimming World. The low fat ones are, I think the are 3 flavours, my favourite are the sweet chilli ones. SW is great to follow, just make sure you eat enough, the more (of the right things) the better.

Lou x

Is it Beef? Could only find this BBQ one on the online syns

Batchelors Savoury Rice, Sweet BBQ Chicken, dried 120g packet[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 22½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

Batchelors super low fat noodles (have a silver label)
- sweet thai chilli. Green = free
- chicken and herb = free
- smokey bacon = free

They are really handy to have in teh cupboard as a quick fix. I keep a few packs in my drawer at work in case I forget (too lazy) to make lunch at home.

Just re read my post above... they all say free but only on green day x

Back