ProPoints Back again- new start, new diary

dreamings

Where to begin... well, I started WW in April 2011, and got down from 253lb to around 198lb at my lowest point, sometime in January/February 2012. This was on-off for a short while towards the end, but generally I was focused and on the wagon.

Between stopping and now I have put some weight back on- I am now around 215/216lb. I 'blame' doing my PGCE and having to travel a huge distance between home and my placement, leaving me no time to really think properly about food. But I know I overate. I was also stressed because I couldn't find a job, didn't know where I was heading etc.

Now, having eliminated the stress, I have a teaching job for September and have just moved into my new flat so can concentrate on food again. Well, until the holidays are over. But I do think I will be able to stay more in control now, going to list some reasons why, in an attempt to convince myself:

1) I live over the road from school so no time constraints with travelling etc.
2) Not travelling means I don't pass any shops so can't give into convenience meals/snacks etc on the way home.
3) There is a big Tesco nearby but ALL of the students are also nearby so I will be having groceries delivered ("I saw what you bought at the weekend, Miss!"), meaning I have to eat what is in the cupboards!
4) Routine and consistency for the whole year and beyond for once (if I like the job, that is)
5) I've also got a proper kitchen with a full size freezer/cooker and SPACE, for the first time in 3 years!

I've been back on track since yesterday and it's going OK, pretty hungry now though but I know that has to happen!

oh you'd be surprised... I can eat loads (and I mean loads, not most people's definition of 'loads') and still feel hungry! It will go away though, I know it will because it did when I was on before, I know it's just my body wanting the cr@p I've been letting it have recently.

I had a lunch of 6 Ryvita, 4 had sunflower spread and ham and 2 had laughing cow light, all with cucumber, an apple, and a toffee yoghurt (tesco brand not WW so 4pp but very tasty!). Quite filling as lunches go methinks, yet I could quite happily eat loads more! Going to go and have a shower to occupy myself before I start picking!

Yeah I always did before and still lost so will do- ended up using 10 yesterday (lemon doughnut from Tesco, was tasty!), I decided it was good enough to start off though so I left that as day 1 :)

Yea I use some as well,was a bit strict on myself with them at first but a lot better now.The lemon doughnut sounds yum,not had one of those before!

It was yummy lol :)

I don't find the guilt comes from having the weeklies as such, as I've worked out calories roughly and they are definitely ok to eat. I just need to wait a few weeks before using them on one or two big 'bad' meals rather than extending dailies to eat more 'good' (well, mostly good') stuff as I don't think I can trust myself yet if that makes sense!

In other news, I do hope my sugar free jelly has set, I want pudding!

Oh gosh I've discovered the magic of Crusts Away bread! 1pp per slice (only at 5 slices does it become 6pp, I checked) and it feels like REAL bread and not that flimsy danish stuff that can't take anything being done to it before it breaks it seems.

I also nearly bought some Rainbow Drops today, they are 8pp for the 'big' 80g bag. Everything I can see in forums online is people saying how bad that is but actually I wish I'd got them- you could sit there for ages munching through that bag, certainly seems better than the equivalent length of time munching on chocolate or crisps or sweets!

Plus you can have half a packet of the drops one day and the rest the next ;0) that bread sounds nice and I totally get what you mean about Danish bread!

Well yeah I could... but that probably wouldn't happen lol! Towards the end of the week when I have weeklies to spare I may give in :)

Random observation of the day... scrambled eggs on toast is LOTS more filling than the equivalent amounts made into eggy bread!

Just made cauliflower 'rice' for the first time and it's amazing! Speaking of filling up I think this will do the job! Admittedly it's no rice or pasta, but I've mixed it in with my bolognese-esque sauce (which is 8pp seeing as I bought the mince on a budget and before I decided to do this again). So I just have a big bowl of something beefy and tomato-ey and it's awesome. Just wish I had cheese to go with it but I know for a fact I can't trust myself with that (having bread in and it not all being eaten is an achievement in itself!)

Just grated half of a cauliflower and microwaved it on its own for about 2 1/2 minutes rather than boiling (so it doesn't go mushy). I'm not a huge cauliflower fan but it's very tasty, and you can use it with pasta sauces, curry sauces, chinese sauces, or even just flavour it like couscous I'd imagine!

Back