Back again, support needed!!

Staffiemum

Hi , well i'm starting slimming world again tomorrow (from home). I know it works; 2.5 years ago I got down to 12 st 10 lb and thought I had this weight loss thing cracked, was buzzing. Then my amazing dad passed away. since then 2 stone has gone back on. ive re joined SW many times over the 2.5 years but haven't been able to stick with it, even had a short dabble with keto.

We've booked a holiday to Santa Ponsa in June 2017 and there is NO WAY I will be this big. I need to get that determination and feel good feeling back that I had before dad went; all help gratefully accepted!!

Thanks for reading x

As you say, you know it works. You've also got a really good incentive to get that weight off, so just go for it!

My advice would be to write everything that passes your lips down...checking syn values and being really honest with yourself.

I've done the whole 'Oh...that's only a little bit...hardly worth synning really!' thing, and I know that it is not the way to get the weight off.

Since our SW group gave out our 'Christmas Wish' tags, I've filled mine in with my Christmas Wish (which is to lose 8lb and get to target)....and having that in sight has really helped me keep on track and log it all in writing.

Maybe you could print yourself off a 'luggage label' and make yourself a 'Holiday Wish' to stick to the fridge or somewhere?? Might help.

Good luck xxx

That's really sad about your father - sorry to hear that :(

Best of luck starting, but if you've done it before then you can do it again - hopefully you get that focus back straight away! I look at Instragram a lot - the #slimmingworlduk and #slimmingworldjourney hashtags and find a lot of motivation from there. And these boards - there is always great advice and so many great success stories here! In the challenges section, there are monthly and quarterly weight-loss target challenges, which are a great help and really motivating!

Let us know how you are going!

Also, some things have changed from 2.5 years ago, e.g. there are no red and green days anymore, hexB changes etc... so if you haven't been since then, then it might be worth taking a look at the changes first!

Thanks both for your replies and great advice; stinkyloo, you've done brilliantly losing so much weight, I'll definitely print off a luggage label, brill idea. orangesuitcase, i've never been on instagram, I'll give that a go for some inspiration. thanks again both x

You don't say if you're doing SW from home or going to class, I'm assuming from home. Could you buy yourself SW book online this'll give you an idea of the syns, hexs' (as said have changed recently) and give you a good starting point.

I'm at target & still write down my syns, this keeps me on track as does taking a pic of my meals, the reason I still take a pic of my meal is I feel accountable, if I didn't I don't need to add the speed food/count syns in sauce, you know that sort of thing!

Start a diary on here, follow diaries on here and just ask loads of questions, I know you've done it before and know what you're doing but we all need support to make it work.

Good luck.

I definitely agree with Happy Holidays, I think that using this website will really help since you're doing it from home and won't have the Group Support. I agree that getting hold of a book would be a great idea too as quite a lot has changed from 2.5 years ago and I'm finding it much easier now than I did when I did it a few years back.

What I find is one of the best things about going to Group is that I'm always held accountable. I tried doing it from home a few times but always slipped off the wagon as there was nobody keeping tabs on me and holding me accountable for my weight loss. Perhaps the members here will help you in that way if it's something you think you might also struggle with? It sounds like you've got the drive and determination to succeed though, as well as an amazing holiday to aim for!

The support here is really good so don't be shy about asking questions or anything :) Good luck!

Thanks both for your replies and great advice; stinkyloo, you've done brilliantly losing so much weight, I'll definitely print off a luggage label, brill idea.

Thanks hun.
It's been the best thing I ever did. Still can't quite believe I've managed it sometimes. xxx

Thanks all, I love this forum, everyone's so friendly and helpful. i've got a recent book and have been reading up on the changes.

Had a false starat last week, mum wasnt well so had to stay with her for a few days. Batch cooking today for a fresh start tomorrow xx

Back