Back at it - finally

jollyjo98

I started my diet earlier this year and managed to drop 6lbs, but stress engulfed me and I completely fell off the wagon. A summer of taking the bus everywhere, sitting down all day everyday at work and eating mountains of food that my family put on the table for me (it would have been rude not to). I stepped on the scales at the end of August and was quite concerned. I knew I'd put a few pounds on at least, those jeans did feel a bit tight... but I was surprised to see myself weighing more than I ever had at 14st 5lbs. Considering how down about my weight I get and how much I wish I was back in size 12 clothing, I was quite surprised I had let myself get this far.
And so I threw myself in the wardrobe and threw away all of my tiny clothes (Why did I still have a size 10 pair of jeans?? What a space waster) and I took myself round the charity shops and to Primark to get myself a few outfits that were meant for my size, but that made me feel comfortable and happy. I was fed up of getting dressed every morning and feeling gross because it was too tight. I was also not happy to have given away a lot of my nice dresses - but I couldn't bear to look at them everytime I opened my cupboard.
Following all of this I sat down with my mum with a lovely coffee, milk and two sugars, and told her I was making a few changes to my lifestyle - including cutting that sugar out of my coffee. She suggested I try the Slimming World diet from home and I explained how I had tried before and her words were "But you really do want to lose it this time". Honestly, that filled me with the most confidence to actually get back on it and try again.

I've just started week 7 of my diet, weighing on a Monday morning (before uni) and have a total loss of 12lbs, putting me to 13st7lbs and although I still feel a bit big, I have more confidence now than I did weeks ago. I don't feel sad every day when I look in the mirror because I know I am on the right track. Three people have asked me if I've lost weight and that is a fantastic feeling.
Don't get me wrong - there have been a few weeks where I've not followed the diet very well (Dominoes and KFC just call to me), but I've tried my best to make small changes to make a big difference. Now I have no sugars in my coffee and only a small drop of milk, I actually eat fruit on a regular basis and basically all of my meals are made from scratch.

My end goal is to be down to approx 10stone, but my short term goal is to drop off 7lbs more before Christmas, which will put me at 13stone and confident for 2019!

I've come back to Minimins, because I loved the sense of community last time I was here and it pushed me that extra mile and if I can be of any help to anyone else just let me know!

Have a wonderful week :) -Jx

I've dropped another 1lb this week, very happy and one pound closer to my one stone mark. I am feeling quite proud of myself that I have stuck at it this long. It probably could have been a 2lb drop, but a stressful Sunday led me to a glass of red wine that I couldn't refuse.

I made my own slimming world sausage rolls for this week - they're quite tasty, but next time I'm going to make them smaller haha, I'm having most of the week on plan apart from Sunday when I'm out for the day so I can't be certain what I'll be eating. I'll just make sure I do my best to make healthy choices!

I feel like I can reach my goal a bit ahead of the deadline, so if that's the case, I might aim higher, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it. Now I'm off to make chilli! Have a nice week xx

Helloooo, I have lost another 1lb and hit my 1 stone mark!! So pleased with this and trying to keep that number going down!

Although, I have had a few bad nibbles this week and I made chocolate rice krispie cakes for a little party tonight, plus Sangria... I’m not really helping myself am I. Either way, for the rest of the week I will keep an eye on my syn count and make healthy choices.

I’m cooking for my boyfriend and his parents tomorrow and they’re excited to try the slimming world version of Hunters Chicken! So hopefully that will go quite well, but we will see haha.

Fingers crossed - the numbers on the scale are going to keep going down. I’m starting to feel very excited for the future!

Have a fantastic week everyone! -Jx

Right, here it is, I put 1lb back on. And in honesty, I'm not too disappointed, after how this week has been food and stress wise, I'm quite lucky to have only gone up one. The main thing is I know where I went wrong (Lot's of alcohol, chocolate, cakes, fatty food) so I know what not to do this week... although I have had pork belly this afternoon... I really don't help myself! Something lately has really made me lose my motivation with everything, including uni work, however yesterday and today I have jumped back on the wagon and I am catching up with what I haven't been paying attention to the last three weeks. I'm hoping I have finally had the boost I need to actually get on and do things, including this diet - and including exercise!

So exercise is something that I have struggled with for a very long time - I have never enjoyed P.E in school and given half the chance, I wouldn't walk anywhere. Truly lazy. Although since August I did have damaged ligaments in my foot which I've only just started to properly recover from, but I used it as an excuse for everything - I wouldn't even take the fifteen minute walk to the shop to get my food. Crazy. So maybe now I need to start setting little goals every week - get the pedometer back out and build up my steps every day. I may eventually get back to the gym and start back on the rower, which I used to love doing. It's also quite helpful that I have some small weights which I can use to slowly build up upper body strength with some other exercises.... You might notice I have put an awful lot of thought into this - I am most certainly a planner as opposed to a doer... which maybe I need to change... small stepping stones. I'll get there.

I am going to try something a little different this week - rather than writing up one big post once a week, I am going to slowly write it through the week, just little bits here and there, any positives that happen and even any negatives if I have a bad day - we all get them don't we? :) So if the next post seems a little disjointed or a bit all over the place - forgive me. I'm still finding my feet! Haha.

I'm actually only cooking for myself up until Thursday lunch time as I'm at my boyfriends for the weekend - going to try and fit a jog in then haha, but we shall see how the meal plans go and I'll make sure I keep good track of my syns.

Here's to a better week - and I hope you all have a fabulous one too. -Jx

So my week started with a trip to the opticians and sadly needed a stronger prescription :( this meant money gone and my mood low for the day. To try and cheer me up, my other half took me out for dinner, so that definitely wasn't on plan... although I still had a curry. I loved every bite. I tried to pick myself up for the rest of the week and generally stayed on plan, making myself a chow mein for lunch on Thursday and trying to make healthy choices when it came to having dominoes on Saturday night. But generally - it has gone well, because I've weighed in this morning at 13st3, losing 3lbs to take me back into my one stone goal! And I'm going to be extra vigilant to make sure I stick to my meal plan this week and make healthy choices.

I did go out for a couple of walks over the weekend, a couple of them long walks, but most just twenty minutes round the block. The bonus of looking after a dog is he needs exercise, so in turn, I must exercise too! It was nice to get out in the fresh air though and even with the cold weather, it was enjoyable. So although exercise hasn't done a full 180, I'm slowly getting there. Slow and steady and all that.

So this week, I am going to make "snack bags" so if my meals are completely syn free I have 15 syns available for snacks. I feel like this will make it easier for me to log what I'm eating and keep track of my syns a bit better. I'm also setting myself individual goals for each day. For example, today is to actually have my 5 a day. I need my fruit. Tomorrow might be to hit 5000 steps, or drink three bottles of water. Something measurable and something achievable. I have to remember not to be so hard on myself though - I am allowed days where I have a slice of cake instead of an apple, or a mini chocolate bar before bed. I'm only human. But I'm proud of myself for coming this far.

I've also set a long term end goal! My graduation is next summer and I have a new dress which was bought half a year ago as my goal dress (A size 10 - too ambitious...?) and so I've given myself 34 weeks to lose 48lbs, which is now 45lbs. Look at that, It's already going down :p My other half has also made a deal with me, that for every stone I lose, he'll add to the dress; a new pair of shoes, a necklace, some earrings, a handbag. Something to complete the look, which is a nice goal because at the end of it all, I will have a complete outfit sorted and ready for the day.

It feels amazing to have the support around me building me up, when a lot of the time, I feel like I'm crumbling. This week was the extra boost I needed and I cannot wait for weigh day next week! -Jx

Back