Back eating well on Slimming World

ToffeesMum

I have managed, horror of horrors, to let a little over 2 stone creep back on after losing 3 stone and maintaining for over a year and a half. I know what the problem has been; we moved to a hilly area and my cycling mileage went way down, as did my time on the bike. I have a relatively active job but it's only at weekends at the moment, until Easter as it's seasonal. In Cornwall, a lot of the work is seasonal. The weight has gone on in 6 months, which was mostly caused by a bit of low level depression, which I have now kicked to the kerb again.

However, we are moving towards the back half of March, back to the flatlands, Lincolnshire to be precise. Very excited by this so starting to get back on the bike in preperation to getting proper riding miles in again.

I can't afford to go to Slimming World group at the moment but, I have my books from last time I joined. Chatting with a work mate, who is also a SW consultant, who tells me that the books are still the same I know that I can just pick up where I left off.

I've set myself a bike riding challenge of riding the equivalent of 30 minutes a day for January. I'm well over target, which is just as well as the weather forecast has given out rain, rain and more rain until Wednesday which will hail the start of the February challenge, which will be the same as the January challenge as it's still too cold for longer rides really.

I started again on 2nd January at a hideous 13st 4lbs and will weigh again tomorrow but don't expect to have lost a huge amount as there have been few off days, terrible days and just plain old non-SW days that included biscuits and cake in.

A lot of my syns, over the last week or so of being totally back on plan, tracking etc have been spent on Pink & White wafters. At 2.5 syns each, they are my favourite. I also rather like mixing 11g of options hot choc into quark to make a chocolate mousse affair thing and adding defrosted frozen fruit. I've had this with added breakfast cereal when I've forgotten to do my overnight oats the night before.

Anyway, really long post to start, the rest will be way shorter.

Welcome in! :D

Totally sympathise with you on the hills . . . I live in the Fens so just the idea of WALKING up a hill scares me, let alone cycling up one! :rolleyes::p

The day is about over. Eating has been good.
7 syns - 2 x pink & white wafers and 11g of Cadbury's Options choc (to make a mousse with some quark with)
HEX A has been milk for my cups of tea
HEX B has been a 50/50 kinsmill sandwich thin

My free food has been: spaghetti hoops, baked beans, apple, grapes, banana, muller light, quark, mugshot, baked spud and defrosted mixed fruit to go in my yoghurt and quark mousse stuff.

Not much in the way of veg today as my freezer is blocked by some stuff as we have got some early packing done and it's in the way of opening the door. Hubs is moving it as I type but a bit late for cooking. I got veg stuffed yesterday though. More tomorrow.

Exercise has been 46 minutes riding my bike in the rain, just a quick 10 1/2 miles tonight, it was a bit blowy out there on the trail. 40 minutes walking with the dogs. We are normally out for longer but my dogs don't like the rain. Today there has been a lot of rain.

Weigh day tomorrow.

Weigh day, for the first time in 4 whole weeks. I have lost 12lbs so I am totally delighted with that.
That gives me a :mm007:and a bit for the month. :woohoo:
It's raining out at the moment but I have my cycling clothing on the radiator rack/dryer thing and I live in hope. It's going to dry up at around 7pm so I suspect a night ride is in the offing today. The weather for the forthcoming week is filthy :( I am going to get wet!

Food and exercise diary for the day. It's been OK but not as veggie oriented as I'd hoped as I can't shift the dang boxes in front of the freezer.

5 syns - 2 x pink & white wafers
HEX A has been milk for my cups of tea
HEX B has been 35g oats in my overnight oats. I put extra frozen fruit as my regular jar was hiding somewhere so the one I used was larger and there was more space for lovely fruit
My free food has been: Apple, Banana x 2, vast amounts of SW recipe pea soup because it's warming, tuna (with a little vinegar and black pepper), yoghurt and jelly and the remainder of the defrosted frozen fruit.

I probably haven't eaten enough in the grand scheme of things. There was a lot of pea soup though. 3 big mugfulls of the gorgeous stuff.

Exercise has been 40 minutes of dog walking, dodging the showers and an hour and 4 minutes of off road bike riding for 13 miles. I got absolutely filthy but it was terrific fun. I've ridden 223 miles so far this month and another day to go. I've seen the forecast so I might have an indoor day with a book instead.

Another day done.

Grilled bacon (all fat removed) sandwich made with wholemeal bread today. Bliss. HEXB right there.
I had a 2 egg omelette with a goodly dollop of quark chucked in to make it cheesy along with it as I knew that I had a busy day ahead and I didn't want to get peckish and re-ignite my love of Dairy Milk.
HEXA was 2 light babybels and a splosh of skimmed milk for my cups of tea, so 2/3 cheese and 1/3 milk combo today.
Lunch was a BBQ Mugshot. Disgusting! I gave the other 2 sachets to my neighbour, she likes the vile things. Never again, I'll stick to the Sweet & Sour thank you. A muller light yoghurt took away the taste, an apple helped too.
Tea was roast chicken crown (enough left over for lunch tomorrow), SW roast potatoes and mixed veggies. Muller Light (again).
Snacking was plums, I think I had a banana but can't remember. No matter, it's free food anyway.
Syns, 2.5 spent on a gorgeous Pink & White wafer (89p for 15 of them in B&M at the moment)

Exercise was an hour of walking the dogs, quite briskly. 38 minutes of cycling too. Does walking about doing the shopping/bill paying etc count?

A good day anyway. I'm getting right back on track now, in to the groove again.

Hello everyone! sooo happy to belong to this community!

I have heard about Slimming world couple of weeks ago. It seems to be great! and I think I would like to try the program after giving birth to my second child Charly (11 months old).

But I have few questions. Would you be nice enough to answer me pleasssse?
1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Pm7krOc06b.gif

I would like to know how it works and how I can try to do the program?
I have read that every consultant did the program before like I would like to do. Is it true?
It would be greaaaat!

Thank you so much everyone!

Curlyflooooowwwwerrr

Hello everyone! sooo happy to belong to this community!

I have heard about Slimming world couple of weeks ago. It seems to be great! and I think I would like to try the program after giving birth to my second child Charly (11 months old).

But I have few questions. Would you be nice enough to answer me pleasssse?
1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Pm7krOc06b.gif

I would like to know how it works and how I can try to do the program?
I have read that every consultant did the program before like I would like to do. Is it true?
It would be greaaaat!

Thank you so much everyone!

Curlyflooooowwwwerrr
You might be better asking the same question in the Slimming World Introduction post sweetie. But in brief;
Join your local Slimming World group and they will give you chapter and verse, a guide book and a ton of advice
Every consultant is a Slimming World slimmer and they know first hand that it works.
Hope that this helps.

This thread is my own personal diary, open to be read and commented on by anyone, so welcome to my little bit of Minimims :)

I've had a couple of very rough days. Wednesday was a bad day for anxiety and I was good all day and then had a massive anxiety attack and it went a bit down-bank from there. Yesterday was equally pants so I've put it behind me and back on it today, although I have oversynned a bit.

Breakfast was an apple as I was not feeling well at all but wanted to try and eat something.
Lunch was a baked spud with baked beans and 1 x babybel, so a bit of HEXA right there. Note to self: Babybels, light or otherwise, are rubbish to try and grate onto a baked spud. Just saying.:rotflmao:
I've had a Pink & White wafer thing (2.5 syns) and a small bread roll (6 syns) and tiny kitkat thing (5 syns) so a whopping 13.5 syns today. Heigh ho, tomorrow is another day.
My HEXB was a small wholemeal roll with marmite on. Boy was that gorgeous.

Not actually had my evening meal but I'll make some pea soup or a veg stir fry or something free. Just not feeling the love of eating today.

Exercise wise, I rode for 14 miles through the wind and pouring rain, for an hour and a minute. That was quite enough, thank you very much. Plus there were 3 short dog walks of 10 minutes each. Getting my hounds out in wet weather is an uphill struggle at the best of times.

Back