Back fat.....?

welshchick

Hi. A loosing weight through slimming world and am noticed a marked improvement in my legs/bum/belly but top arms and particularly my back are still quite flabby! Do any of you have suggestions on best exercise to help with this - back especially. Thanks in advance x

Hi. A loosing weight through slimming world and am noticed a marked improvement in my legs/bum/belly but top arms and particularly my back are still quite flabby! Do any of you have suggestions on best exercise to help with this - back especially. Thanks in advance x

Kettlebells. They tone it all... :D

There's no such thing as spot reduction. You'll need to lose weight overall to be able to get rid of that back fat.

However, lifting weights can help you tone up your body and make your fat look better overall. Remember that weight lifting helps you look better overall.

The best weight lifting program for a beginner would be Starting Strength. It's simple, relatively quick and you're only in the gym 3 times a week.

Sean10mm's Fitness Blog: Rippetoe's Starting Strength revisited

Cardio, Cardio, Cardio .. girl.
But also, if you havnt already, you could throw in some bar rotation excercises into your ab routine. Or other hip rotation excercises to target the area. Follow it up with high intensity elleptical for 20 mins.

Back