Back form joining SW and totally confused

Hi, I used to do slimming world before extra easy. I joined again tonight and I'm very confused. Can you help?

The leader said you can eat any amount of any free foods (superfree, red free and green free) but the book says you should have 1/3 of each. Is that a third each meal or over the whole day?

The leader was very against reverting back to red and green days and was really pushing EE but I don't get it.

Do I have to have fruit and veg (superfree foods) with every meal? And do I need red and green foods in every meal?

In the old days I would enjoy baked potato and beans on a green day - I guess I can;t have this on an EE day?

I will check all this next week but it was really busy tonight so I didn't have time. So hoping some nice person on here may be able to help me. :)

1/3 needs to be superfree (definition has changed. this is only fruit and vegetables now, eggs, quorn etc are only free now not superfree) and the other 2/3 can be any combination of red/green or your healthy extras.

You don't HAVE to have both red and green with every meal - otherwise no vegetarians would be able to follow the diet!

If you found red and green worked for you before, you could always follow those while you get your head round EE.

On EE 1/3 of your plate should be superfree (fruit & veg except peas and sweetcorn mainly). Other than that you can eat any of the free foods from red or green as you like, so you can have jacket potato, chicken and veg, or pasta with tuna. But you don't HAVE to eat "red" or "green" foods if you don't want them at that time. You only get one HexA and B though.

I never did red and green because I didn't like the idea of being restricted, and I find EE really, well... easy! It's much easier to eat meals with the family because you don't have to weigh most things.

You don't have to do extra easy if you don't want to. Read your book - you will see that the red and green plans are still there, and loads of people follow them.

If you can't get your head around extra easy then dont do it, if you know red and green then follow it, cos if you cant get your head around it chances are you wont stick to it, you'll get frustrated and probably just give up, I know I would, so if you're more comfortable with red and green then do it and tell your C to shove her ideas up her bottom - its you who has to follow the plan not her :)

Lol ..... If you don`t want to do extra easy then don`t do it hunny. I just could not get my head around it all all either (i`m old skool like you are too) ... and i like having 2 lots of HexA and HexB`s to play with each day ... you only get 1 lot of A & B choices on EE.

I`ve now lost nearly 1.5 stone doing mostly Red with the odd Green day thrown in.

The whole thing about Slimming World is you choosing what works for you .... ;)

Maybe get back into it on Red/Green days, and then see if a bit more understanding of EE comes at any point over the coming weeks when you attend class ... You can pop the odd EE day in here and there and just see how it goes :) x

I am trying EE for the first time this week (always seemed too good to be true) but will probably switch back to red/green next week... purely because I find it less confusing (ironic, I know!) and feel I eat MUCH more on EE, free or not, it's costing me a fortune :p

Good luck hun, and welcome back xx

I can understand how you come away confused. I do wonder if the consultants are explaining it well enough though too.

Basically you can eat from the free food list freely, mixing and matching as you like. However to avoid overindulging on carbs and proteins, you need to make sure a 1/3 of your plate is superfree i.e. fruit or vegetables (not including starchy veg like sweetcorn and peas). This is why extra easy works, as it stops you from piling up a plate with just meat and pasta for instance. Which if you do continously will result in your eating far more than what your body physically needs.

If you think you are going to have a meal where you really can't include your 1/3 superfree, then perhaps have a bowl of salad first, or make up some superfree soup to have before, or maybe even some fruit. Alot of people advise to have a bowl of fruit or something superfree afterwards, but I don't agree with this advice, as it is teaching bad habits, you may be full after your meal and are then forcing yourself to eat more when you might not actually be hungry.

On top of the free foods, you can have 5-15 syns a day and 1 Healthy Extra A and one Healthy Extra B.

Good Luck!!!

I first joined when it was red and green. I find after a couple of weeks on EE I didn't have to worry about calculating and weighing. It really is what it says on the tin. Lets face it, we didn't get our heads round red and green within the first week did we?
Why don't you look at this excellent sticky by Squiddie? It should answer all your questions.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Thanks so much for all your replies. I've tried two days on extra easy - can you see if I have got it right...

Yesterday
Breakfast - 4 rashers of bacon (lean), scrambled eggs, mushrooms 1 slice of wm toast (3 syns)
Lunch - tomato, pickled onions, tinned salmon, 3 krisprolls (HB)
Dinner - quorn sausages, baked beans, smash, cheddar cheese (HA)

I think this is wrong as no super free foods with dinner?

Today
Breakfast - oats so simple, frozen berries
Lunch - jacket potato, baked beans, kiwi and satsuma
Dinner - will be spag bog from slimming world site.

Am I getting there?

Yes you are getting there, and you are correct about the dinner not having any superfree, just add a third of a plate of salad and you'll be fine!
Also, ingredients count so if the spag bol is made with tinned toms, onions, peppers, mushrooms etc then these can count towards your third superfree.

Don't forget - your consultant is at the end of a phone if you are confused.

Also, they will push EE - it's the way SW want people to go but red and green are still there. I do all 3, depending on what I'm eating. If I want spag bol it's an EE day, if I want a jacket potato and beans then I'll probably do a green day and enjoy the extra A and B choice.

The second day looks a bit better in terms of Superfree food with your meals. But it all looks good

For me, I find it easier to focus on the superfree and free foods and work meals out that way, rather than Healthy Extras - but that's just me!

The focus on EE is that 1/3 superfree with each meal, so as long as you're having that you can't go wrong.

Thank you so much for your help. I think I will find it easier to mix green, red and EE. I don't each much fruit and tend to eat veg when in a recipe. I'm going to try and do EE as much as possible -I'll get there!

My Consultant was very pushy about EE. He said that only vegetarians should do green days - noone else! Also that even you used to do the original days not to do them now. He only joined slimming world himself January last year so wonder whether he avoids it as has less experience. He really did not mention having 1/3 superfree foods just that you can have as much from the orange,red and green as you like! He seems ok though - sure it will all be fine once I get my head around it!

I think often the consultants own understanding of the plan can be limited. The consultant i'm going back to tomorrow only seems to understand what has worked for her, so sometimes people ask questions and if other members give answers which are right, but not as the consultant would have done, she looks all flustered and confused.

It is bad though that he said that about the Green plan - How many people have lost weight on the green plan, well on all the plans, so it's not particularly supportive to write them off like that!

Thank you so much for your help. I think I will find it easier to mix green, red and EE. I don't each much fruit and tend to eat veg when in a recipe. I'm going to try and do EE as much as possible -I'll get there!

My Consultant was very pushy about EE. He said that only vegetarians should do green days - noone else! Also that even you used to do the original days not to do them now. He only joined slimming world himself January last year so wonder whether he avoids it as has less experience. He really did not mention having 1/3 superfree foods just that you can have as much from the orange,red and green as you like! He seems ok though - sure it will all be fine once I get my head around it!

Wow I am very surprised by this. People lost weight for years with the green and red plans, and I understand that they are under pressure from head office to promote the new plan but the other plans many people have to come to SW specifically for shouldn't be discouraged.
Our consultant gives us red/green food diaries in addition to EE diaries, and certainly doesn't discourage it at all.
I think maybe if he started as EE was around more than red/green it could certainly shape his views.

My consultant at my last class couldn't get her head round EE . I reckon that eventually they will probably get rid of red and green.

An easy way to get some superfree in is homemade coleslaw, have a look around the recipes thread and peoples food diarys to give you some more ideas and help you get your head around EE, but as the others have said if you cant understand it then just do red/green. I do 85% green, 10% red, 5% EE and only time Ive not lost was because I didnt deserve to!

Thanks everyone I'm trying hard so will see what happens!

Back