Back from hols - STS!

kevandju5

Maintaining
I was dreading this morning's weigh-in after 2 weeks in the South of France.

I thought I'd been pretty good on the whole, and I did quite a lot of exercise with all the aquafit, swimming, cycling and walking.

But I had more wine than usual (a spirit and diet mixer was about 6 Euros!!!!) and couldn't resist the delicious ice creams (so many flavours to try, it would be rude not to sample a variety!!). Plus I had to have one croissant for brekkie whilst I was there!

So imagine my delight when I weighed in with a STS today!

It just goes to show that we can enjoy some indulgences as long as we roughly stick to plan.

Oh, and if you've never tried it, I had an amazing salad, with warm goats cheese and honey. Thought I could adapt it, with a bed of lettuce, HEA of goats cheese and a tsp of honey for a syn. Lush!

Happy hol's anyone going away soon, and try not to worry too much about SW while you're away.

Wow that is fantastic!! Well done :D I hope I can say the same for me when I come back from Malta after 2 weeks lol! I can't resist the naughty local food there..

Big congratulations to you!! Well done!
Well ladies (and gents!) this proves it. It can be done ;-) Hope it works for me when I go on my hols too!!

Lots of love, Caramelle X X X

That's brilliant! I have 2 weeks in France in the school hols and I hope to do the same, make good choices but have a little indulgence each day - just a croissant or a small cake but try to have all my meals on plan.

However, I also think that the second week will be harder than the first - my resolve can only last so long, it's the bread and cheese which will get me!

Glad you had a good time Julia.

well done thats great :D

Ooooh, French bread, *drool*...
I can live fairly easily without sliced bread, but a proper French baguette would probably make me crack.....mmm, with soft goats' cheese, beaufort, maybe some camembert....

You did amazingly to STS! :)

That's brilliant! I have 2 weeks in France in the school hols and I hope to do the same, make good choices but have a little indulgence each day - just a croissant or a small cake but try to have all my meals on plan.

However, I also think that the second week will be harder than the first - my resolve can only last so long, it's the bread and cheese which will get me!

Glad you had a good time Julia.

Hi Jaylou,

You're so right. The second week was much harder! It sounds like a good idea to have one indulgence per day, but mainly stick to the plan. That's pretty much what I did. One day the indulgence was a couple of wines, another day an ice cream, etc.

Where abouts are you going to? I loved the whole French experience. I've not been for years and I just loved going to markets and speaking the language with the locals. I bet you're really looking forward to it!

Well done for STS I did this myself after a week in Spain, I found it easy food wise eating fish and salad every day, and mainly fruit for dessert, I did indulge in alcohol and have the odd naughty dessert, so i was pleased when i got home, It's a balance between enjoying a holiday and worrying about a weight gain! TBH I have found it more difficult to stick to the plan since my return, and my first weigh in I actually gained, I'm wondering air travel causes fluid retention and maybe this had an effect - thankfully I have started "losing" again and have been properly on plan now for the past few days!

Back