• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Back from hols - STS!

kevandju5

Maintaining
S: 9st9lb C: 8st10lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 20.3 Loss: 0st13lb(9.63%)
I was dreading this morning's weigh-in after 2 weeks in the South of France.

I thought I'd been pretty good on the whole, and I did quite a lot of exercise with all the aquafit, swimming, cycling and walking.

But I had more wine than usual (a spirit and diet mixer was about 6 Euros!!!!) and couldn't resist the delicious ice creams (so many flavours to try, it would be rude not to sample a variety!!). Plus I had to have one croissant for brekkie whilst I was there!

So imagine my delight when I weighed in with a STS today!

It just goes to show that we can enjoy some indulgences as long as we roughly stick to plan.

Oh, and if you've never tried it, I had an amazing salad, with warm goats cheese and honey. Thought I could adapt it, with a bed of lettuce, HEA of goats cheese and a tsp of honey for a syn. Lush!

Happy hol's anyone going away soon, and try not to worry too much about SW while you're away.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Angelbecki27

Loves to post!
S: 13st5lb C: 9st5lb G: 9st5lb Loss: 4st0lb(29.95%)
Wow that is fantastic!! Well done :D I hope I can say the same for me when I come back from Malta after 2 weeks lol! I can't resist the naughty local food there..

Big congratulations to you!! Well done!
Well ladies (and gents!) this proves it. It can be done ;-) Hope it works for me when I go on my hols too!!

Lots of love, Caramelle X X X

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
S: 16st6.5lb C: 15st9lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 34.3 Loss: 0st11.5lb(4.99%)
Wowwww, how brilliant is that. Well done, you must have made relatively good choices and the exercise certainly as well to boost it too. Now your can get right back to it and your loss will be good next week. xx

jaylou

Gold Member
That's brilliant! I have 2 weeks in France in the school hols and I hope to do the same, make good choices but have a little indulgence each day - just a croissant or a small cake but try to have all my meals on plan.

However, I also think that the second week will be harder than the first - my resolve can only last so long, it's the bread and cheese which will get me!

Glad you had a good time Julia.

kel86

Silver Member
S: 14st0lb C: 13st6.0lb G: 9st6.0lb Loss: 0st8lb(4.08%)
well done thats great :D

S: 13st5lb C: 12st10lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 0st9lb(4.81%)
Ooooh, French bread, *drool*...
I can live fairly easily without sliced bread, but a proper French baguette would probably make me crack.....mmm, with soft goats' cheese, beaufort, maybe some camembert....

You did amazingly to STS! :)

kevandju5

Maintaining
S: 9st9lb C: 8st10lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 20.3 Loss: 0st13lb(9.63%)
That's brilliant! I have 2 weeks in France in the school hols and I hope to do the same, make good choices but have a little indulgence each day - just a croissant or a small cake but try to have all my meals on plan.

However, I also think that the second week will be harder than the first - my resolve can only last so long, it's the bread and cheese which will get me!

Glad you had a good time Julia.
Hi Jaylou,

You're so right. The second week was much harder! It sounds like a good idea to have one indulgence per day, but mainly stick to the plan. That's pretty much what I did. One day the indulgence was a couple of wines, another day an ice cream, etc.

Where abouts are you going to? I loved the whole French experience. I've not been for years and I just loved going to markets and speaking the language with the locals. I bet you're really looking forward to it!

S: 15st1lb C: 14st10lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 37.7 Loss: 0st5lb(2.37%)
Well done for STS I did this myself after a week in Spain, I found it easy food wise eating fish and salad every day, and mainly fruit for dessert, I did indulge in alcohol and have the odd naughty dessert, so i was pleased when i got home, It's a balance between enjoying a holiday and worrying about a weight gain! TBH I have found it more difficult to stick to the plan since my return, and my first weigh in I actually gained, I'm wondering air travel causes fluid retention and maybe this had an effect - thankfully I have started "losing" again and have been properly on plan now for the past few days!