Back from hols - STS!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kevandju5, 27 June 2010 Social URL.

1. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was dreading this morning's weigh-in after 2 weeks in the South of France.

I thought I'd been pretty good on the whole, and I did quite a lot of exercise with all the aquafit, swimming, cycling and walking.

But I had more wine than usual (a spirit and diet mixer was about 6 Euros!!!!) and couldn't resist the delicious ice creams (so many flavours to try, it would be rude not to sample a variety!!). Plus I had to have one croissant for brekkie whilst I was there!

So imagine my delight when I weighed in with a STS today!

It just goes to show that we can enjoy some indulgences as long as we roughly stick to plan.

Oh, and if you've never tried it, I had an amazing salad, with warm goats cheese and honey. Thought I could adapt it, with a bed of lettuce, HEA of goats cheese and a tsp of honey for a syn. Lush!

Happy hol's anyone going away soon, and try not to worry too much about SW while you're away.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Croggler

Croggler Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Well done you! :)

4. Angelbecki27

Angelbecki27 Loves to post!

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(29.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow that is fantastic!! Well done :D I hope I can say the same for me when I come back from Malta after 2 weeks lol! I can't resist the naughty local food there..

5. Caramelle

Caramelle Full Member

Big congratulations to you!! Well done!
    Well ladies (and gents!) this proves it. It can be done ;-) Hope it works for me when I go on my hols too!!

Lots of love, Caramelle X X X

6. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck Becki and Caramelle. It can be done! xx

7. tarka

tarka Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done! I hope I can manage to STS when I get back from my hols :D

8. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Wowwww, how brilliant is that. Well done, you must have made relatively good choices and the exercise certainly as well to boost it too. Now your can get right back to it and your loss will be good next week. xx

9. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

That's brilliant! I have 2 weeks in France in the school hols and I hope to do the same, make good choices but have a little indulgence each day - just a croissant or a small cake but try to have all my meals on plan.

However, I also think that the second week will be harder than the first - my resolve can only last so long, it's the bread and cheese which will get me!

Glad you had a good time Julia.

10. kel86

kel86 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.08%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well done thats great :D

11. prawnchopSuey

prawnchopSuey Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ooooh, French bread, *drool*...
    I can live fairly easily without sliced bread, but a proper French baguette would probably make me crack.....mmm, with soft goats' cheese, beaufort, maybe some camembert....

You did amazingly to STS! :)

12. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Jaylou,

You're so right. The second week was much harder! It sounds like a good idea to have one indulgence per day, but mainly stick to the plan. That's pretty much what I did. One day the indulgence was a couple of wines, another day an ice cream, etc.

Where abouts are you going to? I loved the whole French experience. I've not been for years and I just loved going to markets and speaking the language with the locals. I bet you're really looking forward to it!

13. sooser

sooser Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.37%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done for STS I did this myself after a week in Spain, I found it easy food wise eating fish and salad every day, and mainly fruit for dessert, I did indulge in alcohol and have the odd naughty dessert, so i was pleased when i got home, It's a balance between enjoying a holiday and worrying about a weight gain! TBH I have found it more difficult to stick to the plan since my return, and my first weigh in I actually gained, I'm wondering air travel causes fluid retention and maybe this had an effect - thankfully I have started "losing" again and have been properly on plan now for the past few days!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.