Original Back in the day when corned beef was free food

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by soontobeslim2009, 23 April 2009 Social URL.

1. soontobeslim2009

soontobeslim2009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.25%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I first lost all my weight back in 2002. This was when I use to make things like corned beef quiche and macaroni cheese pie.

Now I have rejoined to lose weight again I have discovered that these foods are no longer free.

I would just like to ask if any of you still do sw using the old method when things like corned beef were free and if so does it still work.

If it does I may have a look round for old sw books dating back to 2002.
    What do you all think.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I remember those days, when you used to chop up some corned beef, keep it in the fridge and snack on it if hungry i dont remember the macoroni cheese pie though.

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

There are a few great recipes in the recipe thread for macaroni cheese bake and luxury macaroni cheese and these are fairly free (apart from a HEX of cheese)

I've not eaten corned beef for years, although I do love it - I think I would just syn it if I wanted it that much!!

5. Princess Sausage

Princess Sausage Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    SW EE
    There is a lower fat corned beef thats a bit leaner, probably not that high in syns.

6. skiddykat

skiddykat Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    HI, the extra lean corned beef (smaller tin) is just 4 syns for the whole tin. I use it to make the corned beef quiche,whole thing for 4 syns less than a syn a portion, well worth it in my eyes.

7. DancinQueen

DancinQueen Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh i used to love doing the corned beef quiche with the cottage cheese on top wasnt it? mmmm :D

8. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Hi mate

If you lost weight on the 'old' version, I'm sure you would still now if you stuck to it 100%.

I think the problem would be in eating 'new' products or if you needed to check the syn values of anything using current listings. If you only had 'new' information it might not be good to assume it would have been the same years ago

The new plan allows 2 A choices per day. It also has 3 other plans (mix to max, success express and extra easy) You wouldn't be able to take advantage of these if you were sticking to the old rules (well you could, but it may screw up your losses)

I would agree with jaylou and syn the corned beef. That way you can enjoy all the new things SW have to offer

Good luck whatever you decide
    xxxxx

9. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Oh i used to love the corned beef quiche, it was fab, i might syn some corned beef and make one for old times sake lol x

10. soontobeslim2009

soontobeslim2009 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.25%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks for your replys. 4 sins for the corned beef quice is still good I think I will do it that way.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.