Extra Easy Back on a Mission!

lil miss chatterbox

Silver Member
Hi,

I am starting slimming world (again) today, but this time I am really motivated. I am hoping you can keep encouraging me along the way. I joined slimming world online, but I am planning to drop the membership as I'm not finding it much more useful to me than all the literature I already have, and I have largely looked through all the recipes I want, so it doesn't seem worth the expense any more. The main thing lacking was interaction with other people in the same position as me, so I am hoping we can all encourage each other on here.

I am hoping that by 19th march 2018 (1 year's time) that I will have lost at least 6 stone, and be somewhat on my journey. Right now I am determined that I will reach this target, and keep an honest diary of what I am eating. My biggest problem areas I need to tackle are stress/comfort eating and habitual eating (eating for the sake of eating, not because I'm hungry).

Jen.

So today's food:

B/f: boiled egg (free), 2 ryvitas (3 syns), grapes (free)
Mid Am: 40g porridge oats (HExB), fat free natural yoghurt (free), sweetener (free), mixed berries (free)
Lunch: gluten free pasta (free), mixed vegetables (free), Passata (free), 40g low fat mature cheddar cheese (HExA)
Mid Pm: fat free strawberry yoghurt (0.5 syns), Apple (free), banana (free)
Dinner: boiled rice (free), fry light (free), onion (free), chicken (free), 1/4 jar sweet & sour sauce (3 syns)
Supper: sugar free jelly (1 syn)

Total syns today: 7.5

Hi and good luck with SW! I'm sure you can reach your 6st target in a year :)

So yesterday was a tough day, but I managed to stay on track by constantly reminding myself why I need to do this. Yesterday's food:

B/f: 40g porridge oats (HExB), 300ml 1% fat milk (HExA), sweetener (free), 1tsp jam (1 syn)
Mid AM: Apple (free), pear ( free), 2 mini Oreos (5 syns)
Lunch: baked potato (free), mushy peas (free), ww fat free strawberry yoghurt (1/2 syn)
Mid Pm: 200ml 1% fat milk (4 syns), 20g milkshake powder (4 syns)
Dinner: chicken breast (free), Tesco value savoury rice (free), stir fry veg (free), soy sauce ( free)
Supper: ww fat free toffee Apple yoghurt (1/2 syn)

Total syns: 15

Looks like a good day food-wise, well done for staying on track when it got tough, it can be hard at the best of times.

So yesterday was a bit easier, and I felt more focussed. Yesterdays food:

B/f: 40g porridge oats (HEB), fat free natural yoghurt (free), sweetener (free), mixed berries & cherries (free), 1tsp jam (1 syn)
Mid AM: pear (free), nectarine (free), 50g milk chocolate (12.5 syns)
Lunch: omelette: stir fried veg (free), frylight (free), 3 eggs (free), 40g lighter mature cheddar (HEA), SW chips (free)
Mid Pm: satsuma (free), banana (free), WW fat free fruit yoghurt (0.5 syns)
Dinner: boiled rice (free), homemade chilli: quorn mince (free), onion (free), fry light (free), peppers (free), kidney beans (free), cannellini beans (free), haricot beans (free), borlotti beans (free), chopped tomatoes (free), chilli powder (free)
Supper: 2 WW fat free fruit yoghurts (1 syn)

Total: 15 syns

So yesterday all was going well until after my hubby finished work, and wanted to go and get a few bits and pieces for his projects at home (Wood to mend my fence in this case). By the time we were finished and ready to go home it was nearly 7pm, neither of us had eaten and nor had the kids, and our 2 year old needed to get to bed. Going home to cook would have meant a extremely late bedtime for the kids on a school night, and I was outnumbered in a vote for dinner at McDonald's, especially as everyone is keen to collect the monopoly stickers. I went well and truly over my sums to the point where I could not balance them out over the week if I tried. So yesterday is a write off, and my head is back on it today. Oh, and the food didn't even taste that good!

So yesterday's food:
B/f: boiled eggs (free), gluten free wholemeal roll (HExB)
Mid Am: nectarines (free), satsuma (free), strawberry fruit and grain bar (6.5 syns)
Lunch: baked potato (frree), 40g lighter mature cheddar (HExA), ham (free)
Mid pm: 17g chocolate (4 syns), banana (free), 1 slice go ahead fruit biscuit (3 syns)
Whilst out (dinner/ supper/snacks): 4 chocolate fingers (5.5 syns), Peri Peri crispy chicken wrap (23.5 syns), large fries (22 syns), diet coke (free), creme egg Mcflury (20 syns)

Total syns: 84.5

The most important thing is to get back on it and not beat yourself up, you're human none of us can be 100% all of the time :) I've had some really bad days syns-wise but have still lost every week (only half a pound sometimes but better gone than on) so don't worry too much about yesterday :)

So yesterday started Ok, but then I struggled with some of the treats we have in the house. It's really hard to stop when you start, and I became aware of just how far over syns I had gone. Not wanting to give in I decided to calorie count for the day and managed to pull myself back from disaster. I came in at 2100 calories for the day, which is good considering my BMR is around 2300. I am doing really well again today and am super focussed.

So the week ended up a bit up and down, but I weighed in and I lost 5lbs! :woohoo:
So onto this week. I think I may struggle a bit today and tomorrow with mothers day and my hubby birthday (especially as we are out all day), but I should get lots of walking done!

Back