Step 1 Sole Source Back on Cambridge Diet - struggling! Help/buddies??

Hey guys!

so planned to start cambridge again today, however already failed! Don't know why but really struggling to restart!
tried before christmas but just wasn't happening! Now I just want it to be done within this year so it's gone and I'm not in the same position next year!
Anyone else have any tips to get through? Looking for buddies so can talk to people who understand the feelings?!

Lots of love,
Kate

Last edited:
hi there

ok today didn t go as planned but you want to get yourself to a healthier place? that is the first step most of us will have at some point done exactly the same thing. tomorrow you just need to get up to bat again. day one is the first challenge. dont sweat the following days just the first. fight all self sabotaging urges. a grumbling tum is your body waking up to using the extra you ve stored.
there are between 3 to 5 days of feeling rubbish but this will pass and with each day you are successful it gets easier. not that you won t have temptations, the internal voice wont be stopped by the diet but it can be beaten.

have you thought about doing step 2 first not the full cold turkey as you still get some food but go into ketosis

don t give up
jxx

Hi!

Thanks for your advice, I thought the exact same thing of maybe starting with step 2 - 810, seeing as I keep struggling starting straight on SS... I was just a bit concerned that the weight loss would be a lot slower... but then again i guess it's better start with that rather than doing SS and caving in all the time!

Thankyou, trying desperately not to give up..it needs to go lol!
Kate xx

Hi Kate, I second what Skydragon said. See if step 2 is for you - maybe for the first week then drop to SS? You really can achieve this ... Don't give up, just fight through day 1. I'll be rooting for you! x

Hi Beverly!
Yeah I think that is a good idea, and as you said aim to move down once use to less food! And at least there's something to chew.

how are you both doing? Are you on CD currently or completed...?

Kate xx

Hey guys!

so planned to start cambridge again today, however already failed! Don't know why but really struggling to restart!
tried before christmas but just wasn't happening! Now I just want it to be done within this year so it's gone and I'm not in the same position next year!
Anyone else have any tips to get through? Looking for buddies so can talk to people who understand the feelings?!

Lots of love,
Kate

Hi Kate,

I am really struggling to get back into things this year (and waivered a lot before Christmas as well). I worked out that in the first 12 weeks on the diet I lost 42lb but only 20lb in the second set as a result of me faffing around and having too many "treats". Really need a kick up the *** to get me back in gear.

Day 1 again today and half way through it...

We can make it....one day at a time! Let's just get to the evening (which is when this diet get's harder)....!!! My biggest tip is to not let yourself get hungry...find a routine where your meals are spaced out enough to keep hunger at bay and drink water if it's getting near meal time and the pangs are starting.

I really hope my wife is feeling focused today as it's really hard trying to push us both to do something when you don't want to yourself.

Feel free to chat anytime :) skydragon has done amazingly well and is always there with support for me!

Hey!

me too I couldn't get into it before christmas...but tried yesterday and just can't get myself in the zone this time! I seem to manage to get myself through to the evening, and then even when there's just like 2 hours before bed I'll cave in :mad: I definitely know we an do it, it's just not clicking in as quickly this time lol!

its good that your wife is doing it too, as I guess you can push each other! A very well done for your loss so far! That's brilliant!

Kate xx

Hey!

me too I couldn't get into it before christmas...but tried yesterday and just can't get myself in the zone this time! I seem to manage to get myself through to the evening, and then even when there's just like 2 hours before bed I'll cave in :mad: I definitely know we an do it, it's just not clicking in as quickly this time lol!

its good that your wife is doing it too, as I guess you can push each other! A very well done for your loss so far! That's brilliant!

Kate xx

Thanks, you will be there in no time!!

It feels like the zone is so far away I can't even see it!!

I did Cambridge 3 years ago and lost 5 stone. It's taken me 3 years to put it all back on as i just allowed myself to revert to type.

So I started again 3 days ago - I know how you feel - it's like standing at the bottom of a mountain and looking at the top and thinking I can't get there - but if you don't take the first step then you never will. 3 days in and I know I have made the right choice. Just go for it, think of the outcome, not the journey.

Good Luck

I did Cambridge 3 years ago and lost 5 stone. It's taken me 3 years to put it all back on as i just allowed myself to revert to type.

So I started again 3 days ago - I know how you feel - it's like standing at the bottom of a mountain and looking at the top and thinking I can't get there - but if you don't take the first step then you never will. 3 days in and I know I have made the right choice. Just go for it, think of the outcome, not the journey.

Good Luck
Hey!

yes exactly how it feels...it just feels so far away and so many pounds away...but I guess you have to take it day by day! And that's true..must think of the outcome!! Good way to look at it!

thAnkyou..good luck to you also! Well done for getting 3 days in! x

Morning everyone! Day 2, so far so good, although i overdosed on green tea yesterday, not good! Hows everyone feeling? Hope to get to chat to u later as today and tomorrow are gonna be bad with headaches i think......but no pain no gain!!!

Vanessa

Just coming into day 3 and I already have a headache :-(

I really struggled yesterday as I felt so hungry, particularly in the evening. Off out for a "meal" (or to watch others eat at least) this evening and I know I could do that before and it not bother me so I am really hoping I am strong enough to do it this time!!! I said no oringally but my wife accepted for the both of us and she's planning on ordering chicken and salad. It's only day 3!!! I can't justify a light dinner like that so soon. Just wish my wife felt the same way as doing it on my own is going to be really difficult

Hi Fay

Be strong just drink water and if u feel hungry have a shake before u go. We can do this I'm.only day 2. Just take it one day at a time. When u lose you will feel great x

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Fay

Be strong just drink water and if u feel hungry have a shake before u go. We can do this I'm.only day 2. Just take it one day at a time. When u lose you will feel great x

Just don't want to have tojustify myself when the now inevitable question is asked "You are both on the same diet, why is Nic having food and you aren't?". Then when I say that we aren't really meant to have Nandos, even if it is just chicken Nic will take it as me a dig at her or something....*sigh*

I know Nandos chicken isn't the worst thing in the world to have and I have had it on this step before, but not within the first 3 days! I know I have to have a life as well but I just want a clean few weeks to really get back into the right mode/frame of mind.

Yeah does seem a bit unfair and if your only 3 days in think u need to ask yourself is she really focused

Back