Back on SW and struggling :(

darkangel001

Hi Guys,

So I am back on SW- unfortunately really struggling. I have lost 3 stones with it so far, and was nearly up to 3.5 when I stopped before revision ( I had to resit, really stressful time) anyhoo, I have been back nearly 4 weeks- and I have maintained/gained but stayed within the 3 stones limit.

I have a tendency of self-sabotaging nearer my goals and I am wondering whether it's the case now.

My mom's bday is soon, and mine was last week. I am really stressed because I know I have put on weight, and I forgot about it, and now I wish I made more of an effort to keep the weight off.

I go to church regularly, our vicars wife is a really good cook- which doesn't help with the scales. As a student, a home cooked meal sometimes especially when you are so tired is a real blessing.

I enjoy fellowship and meeting with people and it all seems to happen around a dinner table of some kind.

Has anyone been off and come back successfully? Can they give me any ideas on how to get back on track?

Thank you

didn't want to read and go hun, sorry to hear you;ve had a tough time,
can't really help because I've not been in that situation,

how close to target are you? sometimes its good just to get back to basics, read your books and plan and prepare.

you say you enjoy meeting people and fellowship, do you go to group, it sounds right up your street and will help you get where you want to be xx

Hi, thank you for replying so quickly :) I am about a stone (+/- 1/2 depending) on if I want to lose more. I think I got onto a lot of bad habits as I neared target and my circumstances have changed so I need to re-adapt all my old routines. I really liked my old group and I have now moved away. I am also working as part of my course at a hospital which lots of people at my last group did too and understood.

I love going to group, but I also love being a part of my church and keeping in touch and worshiping with Christians. I cant swap one for the other.

I think that my mom's birthday has really hit home why I wanted to lose weight in the first place. Just need regarding what I am going to do about church and social life again

Sorry I can't really help as I have not been in your situation, but I will say you have had a wonderful weight loss and have managed to maintain and not put all the weight back on which is great :clap:. Focus on that for the time being.

I know with me I have to be in the right frame of mind to start a weight loss programme and have been on SW for 7 weeks. The weight loss has been slow but I know I have changed my eating habits to a much more healthy way of eating and see this as a long term thing.

Good luck with getting back onto the plan, and keep coming back to the forum for ideas and support. :)

Back