1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Back on the Cambridge diet

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by Pampam, 10 June 2014 Social URL.

1. Pampam

Pampam New Member

Hi all,

I did the Cambridge diet in 2011/2012 and lost almost 5 stone. I decided I'd been on it long enough and thought I could do the last bit on my own, and I couldn't have been more wrong. It took me 18 months to put it all back on, plus a bonus extra 10 Pounds. So here we go again. It's been almost 8 weeks and after having had the last 3 weeks off/on due to parties and events, we have no plans to do much and I am back on the diet in a big way. I'm feeling in control of myself, and it feels great!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. If at first..

If at first.. Well-Known Member

How are you getting on? your story resonated with me. I hope you are still in a positive head space and the pounds are rolling off x

4. Pampam

Pampam New Member

The last two weeks weren't great, unfortunately. It's a million times more difficult this time around. To be fair, after 9 weeks (and around 5 of these have been broken with many cheat days - and I mean MANY) I've lost 36 Pounds, and 18 inches, so it's not all doom and gloom! :)

How are you getting on?

5. If at first..

If at first.. Well-Known Member

Wow despite having an up and down few weeks you're having sone great losses :)
    I am coming to the end of day 5 - I feel like my head is in the same place it was when I did the 100% abstinent 9 months back in 09/10 so it's a good feeling as I have had lots and lots of failed restarts between then and now. I have some planned lapses this time round which I hope will help me stick to it long term as I couldn't face being 100% for 9 months again. Had a cheeky weigh this morning and was gobsmacked to have lost 10 big ones! Really happy even though I know a big chunk is glycogen.
    We'll keep up the good work chick!
    X

6. Arrow

Arrow New Member

Great job. Keep going. Today is my day3 and I must say its been rough. It's my first time on the cd. Purchasing assorted shakes and soup really helped. I look forward to drinking diff flavours each day. Drinking soup at the night really helps me. I was asked not to get tempted to weigh in but I just did, couldn't resist. Started off cd weighing 171 lbs and today I am 167 lbs. Must be all the bloating that is coming off. Actual weigh in on monday. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: 25 June 2014
  7. myvlcdtime

myvlcdtime Active Member

Hi Arrow are you still dieting? :)