Back on this diet!

Hi Mummyboo85

I LOVE the porridge, I add some cinnamon to it and its yum! I like most of the shakes except the Vanilla it makes me feel abit sick, although I've heard that you can add coffee to them. I like all the bars, although the Dble choc is abit meh, and I'm not keen on the savoury meals atm, although I'm sure when I'm on the diet for longer I will be reaching for them, if only to taste something different. :)

Hi Mummyboo85 I LOVE the porridge, I add some cinnamon to it and its yum! I like most of the shakes except the Vanilla it makes me feel abit sick, although I've heard that you can add coffee to them. I like all the bars, although the Dble choc is abit meh, and I'm not keen on the savoury meals atm, although I'm sure when I'm on the diet for longer I will be reaching for them, if only to taste something different. :)

So far Today I've had a Vanilla latte (YUM!) and a pasta Carbonara with a bouillon drink! Feeling fine but a bit tired as I also went for a swim today. Won't have my 3rd meal til about 8 ish - it's fine when you don't have to go out, isn't it! Nothing in particular organised for the weekend so I should be able to stick to it ok. How're you feeling at the moment Libralite?

Hey Patsy, starting to get niggly hunger pangs now, making myself wait til 6-7, but all in all today has been a good day...so far! Think I will have a shake for my "dinner" or maybe some more porridge :D is it ok to have more than one packet of porridge a day?? I just love the stuff and if it helps me stick to the diet then thats good right?

My o/h is having a chinese tonight....oh gawd!

Another thing, I am not drinking enough water, I try to drink as much as I can but finding it difficult :sigh:

Manda Panda that's a fantastic loss for your first week! Well done for being so strong! I just hope I can achieve something similar when I weigh myself on Tuesday! I know once day 3 (today) is over I shouldn't feel too hungry- it's evading temptations laid out for me by others. I had to wait til all the dinner dates were over before starting - but who am I kidding? Food surrounds us every day! Good luck as you begin your second week! I'm trying to work out how you get one of those ticker factory trackers on your profile?
Tickerfactory.com.... Copy and paste the link into your signature! X

Tickerfactory.com.... Copy and paste the link into your signature! X

Thanks Miss Mia - I got as far as that but I think I ve got to put a certain amount of posts up first? Also I managed to figure out on the ipad that you can reply to people by pressing "quote" - but I don't know if that's the normal way of posting? I can't see anything that just says "post"!

Hey Patsy, starting to get niggly hunger pangs now, making myself wait til 6-7, but all in all today has been a good day...so far! Think I will have a shake for my "dinner" or maybe some more porridge :D is it ok to have more than one packet of porridge a day?? I just love the stuff and if it helps me stick to the diet then thats good right? My o/h is having a chinese tonight....oh gawd! Another thing, I am not drinking enough water, I try to drink as much as I can but finding it difficult :sigh:

How odd you survive the aromas of a Chinese meal last night? Did you make him eat it in another room? I don't know about the porridge - have a look at the protein / carb / calories and see if it's the same as the shakes. Re the water - I find I am always thirsty anyway! I fill a 2 litre jug in the morning and then can gauge how much I've had. Good luck today!

How odd you survive the aromas of a Chinese meal last night? Did you make him eat it in another room? I don't know about the porridge - have a look at the protein / carb / calories and see if it's the same as the shakes. Re the water - I find I am always thirsty anyway! I fill a 2 litre jug in the morning and then can gauge how much I've had. Good luck today!

I went and hid in my bedroom with a book while he scoffed. The smell went all around the house though, and stayed well after he had finished...sent my cravings/hunger pangs into overdrive, in the end I had an early night feeling very low, and moody :cry:

However today I am feeling much better, I think evenings are always going to be a struggle for me, going to see if I can do my three meals later than what I usually would..it might help abit. Also going to try and drink more today, might help with the headache I keep getting on and off.

Good thing is I'm about half way to getting to ketosis (takes me 3-4 days) Once I'm there I know I will be flying :)

I went and hid in my bedroom with a book while he scoffed. The smell went all around the house though, and stayed well after he had finished...sent my cravings/hunger pangs into overdrive, in the end I had an early night feeling very low, and moody :cry:

However today I am feeling much better, I think evenings are always going to be a struggle for me, going to see if I can do my three meals later than what I usually would..it might help abit. Also going to try and drink more today, might help with the headache I keep getting on and off.

Good thing is I'm about half way to getting to ketosis (takes me 3-4 days) Once I'm there I know I will be flying :)

Atleast you got through it and that's the main thing! X

Hey Libralite -glad you're feeling a bit more cheerful today! It's so hard when the rest of the world revolves around food! I have got to the point where food is my enemy! yes I think it's a good ploy to have a meal to look forward to in the evening. Also if you could find something to occupy you once you sit down ( for me it's knitting at the moment - but it could be sitting with the ipad so making a card - or phoning a friend) you don't notice the time going by so much. I have no idea if I'm in ketosis yet - don't want to be bothered buying the testing sticks - what are the signs you notice?

From past experience, I just didn't feel hungry any more (although it didnt stop me missing the taste of food!) had some more energy, no more headaches. Just better in myself I guess, I also had the ketostix to just to make sure, I've heard they dont work for some people but mine have always seemed correct. Although I did get rather obsessive about checking that I was in Ketosis, according to family and friends, I talked about ketosis alot...lol

Hoping to hit ketosis by monday morning (fingers crossed) I have got a Birthday tea to go to tomorrow afternoon.......I'm not ready for that!!

Been reading as a distraction!

Oh my gosh. Sitting here while birthday cake is being given out. Hiding behind my phone and coming on the forums in an attempt to be strong...keep thinking just one teeny weeny bite..

Good! I didnt touch the cake :)! It was very very difficult though, I had to deal with a Sunday Roast followed by cake :eek: I could easily of cried! But very pleased with myself for not touching it! I wouldve felt pretty awful right now had I given in and ate some,I was dreading this day but its now done and dusted. Hopefully Ketosis tomorrow and then Friday morning my first weigh in!

You sound like me on this diet -not hungry but thinking about food.... thinking leads to wanting if I think too much and thats the habit I gotta break!! I like you had a birthday cake to avoid today too -worse still I had to make it yesterday as well! lol Stuck with it though and had the exante version of a roast to see me through whilst i made my family a roast chicken dinner - was good! Have a look at my diary if you wish as I 'ate' yesterday too.....

Good luck on your journey anyway - fingers crossed we can both stay on this wagon! I have not used Exante to lose a lot of weight before, but I have lost in other ways -am now bigger than I have ever been! but not for long ;)

Glad u managed to resist! I doubt u wud have been able to! Good luck with ur ketosis... X

Thankyou! I hit ketosis sometime yesterday as I checked last night (and this morning) hopefully with the ketosis and my 1hr+ walk 5 days a week (school runs! 20 min there and 20min back twice a day!!) the weight should fall off nicely :)

You sound like me on this diet -not hungry but thinking about food.... thinking leads to wanting if I think too much and thats the habit I gotta break!! I like you had a birthday cake to avoid today too -worse still I had to make it yesterday as well! lol Stuck with it though and had the exante version of a roast to see me through whilst i made my family a roast chicken dinner - was good! Have a look at my diary if you wish as I 'ate' yesterday too.....

Good luck on your journey anyway - fingers crossed we can both stay on this wagon! I have not used Exante to lose a lot of weight before, but I have lost in other ways -am now bigger than I have ever been! but not for long ;)

That exactly how I feel! I wasn't hungry yesterday but I wanted the food and it kinda felt like I was hungry for it even though I wasnt (If that makes sense) These forums have helped me alot the last few days, it does help knowing that you're not alone!

I shall think about starting my own diary on here, never thought of doing it tbh, but I cant keep clogging up the forums :D

Good luck to you too

That exactly how I feel! I wasn't hungry yesterday but I wanted the food and it kinda felt like I was hungry for it even though I wasnt (If that makes sense) These forums have helped me alot the last few days, it does help knowing that you're not alone! I shall think about starting my own diary on here, never thought of doing it tbh, but I cant keep clogging up the forums :D Good luck to you too

Hi Libralite and Miss Mia! Glad you 2 are bearing up nicely! I'm surviving - though yesterday left it a tad too long between meals and then could have eaten my own arm! I'm back to work this week so don't have the luxury of long lie- ins to keep away from the kitchen! Last week I wasn't having my first meal til about 11am!

Going to try and see if I can do the same today- I'm out and about in the car so can keep a flask of hot water and some bouillon mix as well as my jug of cold water.

Do you weigh in on Day 7 or Day 1 of week 2?

Hi Libralite and Miss Mia! Glad you 2 are bearing up nicely! I'm surviving - though yesterday left it a tad too long between meals and then could have eaten my own arm! I'm back to work this week so don't have the luxury of long lie- ins to keep away from the kitchen! Last week I wasn't having my first meal til about 11am!

Going to try and see if I can do the same today- I'm out and about in the car so can keep a flask of hot water and some bouillon mix as well as my jug of cold water.

Do you weigh in on Day 7 or Day 1 of week 2?

In the past I weighed on Day 7, which would make this Thursday my (first) weigh in day, but want to wait til Friday and make my weekly weigh-ins on a Friday morning (so that would be day 1, week2) will probably be tempted to weigh myself on Thursday though!

Back