Back on Track

JonnyWopper

So finally back on track since Christmas lost 9lb in 5 days(don't do it most weekends eat what I want keeps me sane lol)
So my muscles are all coming through now(used to train but not diet so fat on the muscle) but they need a bit of tweaking (prob lost bout 10% muscle)
Do you think I could go to the gym and do weights on SS???

hi ya - i seem to remeber reading that even though your are high in protein, the calorie in-take is not sufficent for building muscle or even toning whilst on SS
you also ruin the risk that if you "damage a muscle" it will cause fluid retention around the area to protect the muscle which could inadvertantly cause a "gain" on weigh in day - ill see if i can find the article
V x

here you go i found it -

"On 4-500 cals a day your body will burn fat at the fastest safest rate. You cannot tone or gain muscle on such low calories so exercise will cause the body to stop shedding mass/water to prevent it from having to convert muscle for energy which is dangerous. Lets keep the exercise gentle and concentrate on the weight loss first, then on higher cal programmes increase the exercise"

hope that helps
V x

Hang on JW - so this 9lb loss despite eating at the weekend has only just happened? In that case, beware cos it may not work in future!

From your posts it would seem that you have been on Cambridge a while. I would have thought you would already know not to undertake strenuous exercise on a lower step. Perhaps you need to have a good talk with your Consultant as he/she should be your first port of call for advice.

Most people who 'tinker' with the steps end up going off the rails. Not all. The diet has certain hard and fast rules. Other aspects are more negotiable. Seems daft, though, to knowingly endanger your progress as well as your precious ketosis!

Jonny - are you expecting the answer to be different from all the times you asked last year, when your losses were stalling because you were doing to much gym work on too few calories?

Also, vlcds aren't designed to be hopped on and off so often (assuming you're eating carbs at weekends). you'll mess up your metabolism and potentially stress your liver. Why not try something like slimming world or weight watchers, or the 'up day down day' diet?

Back