Back on Xenical

Happyhips

About 2 years ago I was over 18 stone and was starting to find it difficult to walk. I have other health problems and take quite a lot of medications that have weight gain as a side effect. I also have diabetes so things weren't looking good.

The xenicol really helped me to start losing weight slowly but last year the supply stopped for 7 months and in that time I managed to put a lot of it back on again.

At the begining of Jan '13 I started doing slimming world and lost 1 1/2 stones. 3 days ago my Dad was rushed to hospital, he is very sick. My mum has a brain tumour and he is her official carer but he won't let anyone except me into the house and hasn't been coping very well. It's all really stressful and difficult and my diet has gone to hang as has my exercise routine. So I have started taking the Xenicol again in order to try and not put on weight.

I really feel awful right now and I'm hoping this diary will help get me through.

About 2 years ago I was over 18 stone and was starting to find it difficult to walk. I have other health problems and take quite a lot of medications that have weight gain as a side effect. I also have diabetes so things weren't looking good.

The xenicol really helped me to start losing weight slowly but last year the supply stopped for 7 months and in that time I managed to put a lot of it back on again.

At the begining of Jan '13 I started doing slimming world and lost 1 1/2 stones. 3 days ago my Dad was rushed to hospital, he is very sick. My mum has a brain tumour and he is her official carer but he won't let anyone except me into the house and hasn't been coping very well. It's all really stressful and difficult and my diet has gone to hang as has my exercise routine. So I have started taking the Xenicol again in order to try and not put on weight.

I really feel awful right now and I'm hoping this diary will help get me through.

Hi, welcome & good luck. Keep posting & we will support you as much as we can. The shortage is now over so you should be ok now x

Hi happyhips sorry your having a tough time at the moment but this site is full of lovely n supportive people.

Good luck with the xenical. Are you going to weigh every week?

Hope it gets better soon and at least you can rant away here. We r always here to listen x

Back