Back to Atkins..

Nikki<3

Gold Member
Hi everyone :)

Not sure if you'll remember me from back in February 2012 but I "attempted" Atkins back then and managed just 1 day.

So, i'm back :D! I have 11lb to target now which is about the same as in February. I gained a fair bit of weight back from what I had lost and I have just got down to 9st 11lb and thats 4.5lb lost in 3 weeks.

I have a fair few obsticles to overcome in the next few weeks though. First one is a chinese on Thursday and the second one is OH's birthday night out in about 10 days time.

Do you think Atkins is a good diet for me to do when I have so little to lose? Just going to go read and recap from my books :D

Look forward to speaking soon!

xx

Hi nicky

Welcome back .....I've doing doing Atkins for the past five days....I find it brilliant and although I haven't weighed myself yet my clothes are certainly a lot looser ....Atkins really suits me...my complexion is great...brilliant moods.....I don't really crave carbs at all...even went to the pics last night and went to get drink and the pick and mix were shouting at me to EAT ME ...but I ignored there shouts lol...I took some pork scratchings with me lol...at first its a lot to get your head round....hidden carbs are everywhere I was was shocked to see what I had been eating previously whilst doing weight watchers/counting calories...I was a total yo yo dieter driving me potty for the past two years ...my biggest prob was going out at weekends....some ideas for Chinese....is it one of those buffet type things as you could get them to make you a stir fry ? Or perhaps something like beef and mushroom ....trouble with Chinese is that it's all rice and noodles ....but with most other eateries you could have steak, chicken, fish minus pots and ask for side portion of veg or chicken ....drinking I would stick to spirits with no added sugar mixers or soda water ....I drank a few vodkas at the weekend with diet lemonade ....don't know if I ever will be able to go without a tipple at the weekend. Atkins seems the only diet I can stick to and still eat out with blowing everything.

This site is fab and get lots of support from the peeps on here ...plus there are some good recipes that I can do that fit in with the family....you don't have much weight to lose. But you dont know until you give it a go....you have done so well so far well done ...but them last few pounds are a nightmare to shift ...I lost over 7 stone twenty odd years ago and the last stone was the hardest ....hope u get your head round everything with Atkins...good luck :)

Angie x

Thanks ange :) I'm still rereading everything so may start it from the weekend. I was so excited last time but it just didn't sink in. Fingers crossed this time it does x

Back