Back to CD after having my baby boy ;)

dont be upset hun, you know you are doing the best for you, your son and your body by giving it more time
pregnancy and birth takes alot out of your body and needs time to build up again hun
i think your right, stick to plenty of fresh veg and fruit ( try and get some that are high in iron as low iron levels are very common after birth and lean meat and fish are good for protien ( as is our fave cottage cheese.
on the exercise front lovely walks in the park pushing your beautiful child will do you both the world of good, fresh air and a change of scenery are always nice for boosting the mood

Please done be upset xxxx

Like i said before there are alot of people in every industry out to make a quick buck.... not saying your CDC is one....but i know my CDC very well and also know of another in the area people go to ....if mine wont see them (not enough weight to lose etc) its shocking really... same in my job.... I tell people they are not ready for their driving test (im honest) and wouldnt let them on the road..but there are a few insturctors that will happily take them to test charge a packet and laugh when they dont pass....again shocking

The time will fly xxxx please enjoy your baby evreyone on here has given excellent advice x

Thanks guys it's hard to stop but is for good reason so in the end must be worth it and CD it will still be here in a few weeks time.
I need to be well for my baby.

7lbs is good, I agree. :)

Like Spooky, I'm so glad you had a rethink. Your body's been through a lot just lately and if you try to eat sensibly and get out for lots of walks with the pram, I think you'll be amazed at how much drops off without you having to deprive yourself too much.

I'm so sorry we all got you worried - but I'm certain you've done the right thing. And if you decide in a few weeks' time that you want to give CD a shot (maybe with a different CDC? :rolleyes:), we'll be here to help you along.

Take care, hun. x

I'm sorry your CDC let you go ahead with this so soon :( I went back to my CDC after my baby recently but she told me that I had to wait until baby was 12 weeks old then go back which is what I did. We will see you back here soon hun.
Congratulations on your baby and your 7lb loss xxx

Hey, congrats on your little one, I had a little boy in June & wasn't allowed to start up again until 3 months after. Like you all I wanted to do was loose the weight as I put 4 stone on but agree with everyone that your body does need those 3 months to recover !!

Shame on your CDC for letting you do it ! Good on you for stopping enjoy being a mummy & start again in a while.

Good luck tho x

Last edited:
hiya hun.. I did CD in 2008, And i started 6-8 weeks after having my DD. I wish i had waited i felt soo ill, and dizzy all the time, But i still lost 4stone. This time round i waited till bubba was 3months old and i feel soo much better lol

Hope your okay and enjoy the diet this time without the worrying!

I'm another in the club, I contacted my old CDC when my daughter was 10 weeks old, she was happy to take the cash, but did tell me that technically she couldnt start me again for another 2 weeks.

I didnt stick to it though :eek:

My daughter is now just shy of 7 months and I feel SO much more in place to do this diet and sticking to it. I did it as well before I fell pregnant.

Sitting here at the moment with my bottle of water - like old times ! (Only I was working then)

Welcome back and best of luck with the diet.

I'm in the same boat I had a baby last August and needing to lose 4 stone. Starting Cd 2 weeks ago and have lost 11lb. Good luck with the re-start hun.

hi Im still here and still didn't re-started as i cant find the will this time :( but I really want to give it a go couse Im just so fed up.. Need to loose 1st7lbs to get into overwaight category and then some more to be 'normal' LOL
Starting tomorrow SS 01.03.10 if i can't make it i'll try SS+ but not giving up this time!

great news that you're starting again tommorrow. i started 2 weeks ago and have my 3rd weigh in on tuesday. my little boy was 10 months old as i was breastfeeding i did weight watchers first. i'm so glad you waited. good luck.

i got on ok. did it for 5 odd months and lost around 2 stone in weight but after the first massive loss it was slow going around 1/2lb to 2lbs a week. i'll go back to points counting with a low gi approach when i've gone through all the plans this time.

Back