Discover Back to discover :)

Angelxx2010

Journey to a healthier me
Hi :)

I lost a stone on the discover plan at the end of last year. However I ended up falling off the wagon at Christmas time :rolleyes: but as of tomorrow I'm back on it :) I've decided to stay on Discover as it worked so well for me and I loved it so going to stick to it rather than pro points. I have only put 3lbs back on which wasn't as bad as I thought. I want to lose about 1 stone and a half to start with and then maybe a bit more once I've reached that goal. I will keep a food diary on here to keep me in check, so give me a shout if you think I'm doing anything wrong.

You guys are all doing so well and I love reading your diaries and getting ideas for meals. It's amazing how well you're all doing and it gives me great motivation. Keep up the ace work :)

Vicky xx

Well day one.. so far so good :) I'm feeling happy and full. Really hope I can keep it up. I've been on holiday this week and spent lots of time catching up with my friends and eating and drinking LOTS. I went to a bbq last night and has a last big blow out!! Feeling ready and motivate today. Here is my food diary for today:-

Week 1, Day 1

Breakfast
1 white toast 1.5
Light butter 0.5
Poached egg 1.5
Coffee with ss milk 0.5

Lunch
Heinz tomatoe and butterbean soup 2.5
Snack a jacks 1.5
Coffee with ss milk 0.5

Tea
Thai prawn fish cake (Tesco finest.. YUMMY) 4.5
100g wedges 3
Brocolli 0
Proffiterole desert 2.5

Drinks and snacks
2 teas with ss milk 1
Kinder bueno 3.5

Ok so that comes to 23/25 for the day!! 2 points left so may have a snack later or just carry them over for tomorrow :)

I am going to weigh in every Saturday morning, then have a treat night on the Saturday night and will have a pizza or chinese or something! I did this before I still lost weight every week.. amazing :)!! Well I hope you're all having a great day xx

I was starving last night and craving cake and chocolate soo much :( But feeling better today. I find it's better when I'm at work, I had tea a bit later and a snack so sure that will keep me going before bed! Well munch for today is:-

Breakfast
ww bagel, extra light philly 3
grapes - 0.5
2 coffee - 1

Dinner
Egg mayo sandwich - 5
ww yoghurt - 0.5
ww caramel wafer - 1.5

Tea
Warbuttons wrap - 2.5
Half can tuna - 0.5
lettuce - 0
cucumber - 0
onion - 0
light mayo - 1

Drinks and snacks
Snack a jacks - 1.5
ww cake - 1.5
Grapes and blueberries - 1
coffee - 1
Proffeterole desert - 2.5

23/27 points for the day I think that is, though to be honest it feels more so that's good lol :) Will save points over for tomorrow as think I'm going out for tea. Hope everyone is having a good day xx

Hmmm I'm trying to put an avatar on my profile but having issues lol. If anyone is reading could someone help please?:D mucho thanks

Breakfast

30g Branflakes with 125 ml skimmed milk - 2.5
Coffee - 0.5

Dinner

Marks and Spencer chicken chow mein - 4
Marks and Spencer choc muffin pudding - 2.5
Coffee x 2 - 1

Tea

Warbuttons wrap - 2.5
Extra light philly - 0.5
Wafer chicken - 0.5
Lettuce
Cucumber
ww dessert yoghurt - 0.5
ww cake - 1.5

Drinks and snacks

ww bagel with extra light philly - 3
tea - 0.5
Crunchie - 4

23.5 in total

The Marks and Spencer's chicken chow mein was soooo nice :) only 4 points and got absolutely stacks of the stuff, polished off with a count on us dessert. I don't generally like ready meals but I think marks and spencer's ones are yummy. Going to do 20 minutes of my aerobics video tonight (or as much as I can) very unfit at the mo!!

Last edited:
Your menus are looking lush lady!! How many points are you on hun? im supposed to be on 25! but i never eat them all as everything i like is really low in points (like salad) :( and i dont like eating junk just to fill my points up!!

Good Luck xxxx whens ur weigh in??

Your menus are looking lush lady!! How many points are you on hun? im supposed to be on 25! but i never eat them all as everything i like is really low in points (like salad) :( and i dont like eating junk just to fill my points up!!

Good Luck xxxx whens ur weigh in??

Ah thank you so much hun :)!! Your menus are ace too. Yay I'm on 25 a day too. Ah bless ya it must be hard using them all up then! It's great that salad is 0 points but it must be hard finding other low point food, chicken is always good I find!! Unfortunately I love junk food lol so often find it easy to use them, but some days I feel like I'm eating loads and thinking am I really going to lose weight eating all this, and I do lol! Are you a fan of the ww treats? They are nice and low in points. I weigh in on Saturday :) How about you? Thanks, Good luck too. Hope you're having a good week xx

Ah thank you so much hun :)!! Your menus are ace too. Yay I'm on 25 a day too. Ah bless ya it must be hard using them all up then! It's great that salad is 0 points but it must be hard finding other low point food, chicken is always good I find!! Unfortunately I love junk food lol so often find it easy to use them, but some days I feel like I'm eating loads and thinking am I really going to lose weight eating all this, and I do lol! Are you a fan of the ww treats? They are nice and low in points. I weigh in on Saturday :) How about you? Thanks, Good luck too. Hope you're having a good week xx

At weekends, i dont find it hard to stock up my points on treats :D but in the week im like an army officer with myself haha!!

I like WW treats but i think for the price you pay you can find cheaper alternatives :) i do like the crisps though, get them quite often! And i lurveee crunchies too!

I weigh in Friday mornings, i dont go to a class just DIY at home - what about you?

Where ya from in Yorkshire? xx

At weekends, i dont find it hard to stock up my points on treats :D but in the week im like an army officer with myself haha!!

I like WW treats but i think for the price you pay you can find cheaper alternatives :) i do like the crisps though, get them quite often! And i lurveee crunchies too!

I weigh in Friday mornings, i dont go to a class just DIY at home - what about you?

Where ya from in Yorkshire? xx

Excellent lol you are very good indeed :D Wish I was haha!! Yeah the WW treats are definitely on the pricey side. I haven't tried the crisps before will have to get some. Think may have to go with Dinx's idea and hit poundland for some cheaper treats :)

Ah brilliant, yes me too I'm just doing it myself at home :) A couple of my friends tell me I should be going to the meetings but I've done it before without and it's worked, so all good.

I'm from Sheffield, where abouts are you from? Good luck for your weigh in on Friday, wow the weeks are flying by!! Well done on all the walking you've been doing. that's fab xxxx

Ahhhhhh having a bad day!!! Very hectic day at work and on top of that I'm craving all the bad foods, pizza, cake etc you name it :mad: It doesn't help either when my other half eats and eats grr. Got lots of work to do tonight though so hopefully should keep my munchies at bay!!

Today's food is :-

Breakfast
1 egg 1.5
Muffin 2.5
2 coffees 1

Dinner
Jacket potatoe 3
Beans 3
Grapes 1

Tea
ww chicken curry 6
Nann bread 1.5
ww dessert yoghurt 0.5

Drinks and snacks
2 teas 1
Caramel wafer 1.5
ww cake 1.5

24/25 1 point left :( though I could easily eat another twenty!! I have the appetite of a pig. Hope everyone is having a good day

Breakfast
Branflakes and milk - 2.5
2 x coffee - 1

Dinner
ww bagel - 2.5
Extra light philly - 0.5
Grapes - 1
ww yoghurt - 0.5

Tea
Thai prawn fishcake - 4.5
Jacket potatoe - 2.5
Philly - 0.5
Brocolli - 0

Drinks and snacks
2 x coffees - 1
Kit kat chunky - 6
ww yoghurt - 1

Wa hoo for the weekend :D It's my weigh in tomorrow morning and then out all day for a friends wedding so looking forward to a nice meal and some vino!!!

Todays menu:-

Breakfast
Branflakes and milk - 2.5
2 x coffee

Dinner
ww bagel - 2.5
Extra light philly - 0.5
Grapes - 1
ww yoghurt - 0.5

Tea
Warbuttons square wrap - 2.5
Tomatoe puree - 0
Ham - 0.5
Mushrooms - 0
Bit of cheese - 1.5

Snacks
Banana - 1.5
Popcorn - 1.5
Kit kat chunky - 6
1 tea - 0.5

Carried over from last 2 days and have 29 points for the day and only had 23 may have a snack later!! Hope everyone is ok

Hey sending you some good vibes :vibes: for tomorrow...im sure you will have a good result, and then enjoy the wedding even more!! :)

Hey sending you some good vibes :vibes: for tomorrow...im sure you will have a good result, and then enjoy the wedding even more!! :)

Ahh thank you so much Dinx for the good luck vibes :D!! I do hope so, a couple of pounds would be ace. Fingers crossed. Well done again on your loss today!! Thank you xxx

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooo I've lost 3lbs this week :) :) :) I am proper well chuffed, wasn't expecting that much!! That brings my weight loss back to 1 stone, which is what I lost before Christmas. So now back on track to lose another 1 stone and a half!! Thank you for all your fab support everyone :D The sun is shining here in Sheffield, off to my friends wedding tonight.. wine and cake here I come yay!! Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

fantabulous loss there gal! have a great day!!! well done you! :clap:

Thanks so much Dinx :) I'm well chuffed! Had a lovely day yesterday thank you, fab day!! Ate and drank too much though lol. But back on it today and onwards and downwards :) Hope you're having a lovely weekend xx

Todays food:-

Breakfast
None as didn't get up till late

Dinner
2 warbuttons thins 3
Small beans 2
Egg 1.5

Tea
Slice of pepperoni pizza express pizza 6
Scone 4

Drinks and Snacks
2 coffees 1
Milkybar 2.5

20/25

I think I may have over pointed the pizza and scone but never mind. I'm not going to carry the 5 points over to tomorrow as I will put it towards everything I ate yesterday :rolleyes: perhaps soften the blow slightly!!!!!

Not feeling too great today :( I am sooo bloated and it's not even totm!! I have felt fat and really uncomfortable all day. Just got home and drunk 2 pints of water hoping this might help?? Generally very fed up, and when I'm fed up I want to scoff. I am going on a course with work tomorrow and they are putting on a sit down dinner for us which I am really worried about, so will see how that goes!!!

So far I've had:-

Breakfast
1 warbuttons thin 1.5
1 egg 1.5
Banana 2
2 coffees 1

Dinner
Ham sandwich - 3.5
Walkers crisps - 2.5

Thinking Tuna and pasta for tea, not had a great deal to eat today so may have a magnum later with my points.. cheer me up a bit. Hope everyone is good x

Hello well done on your loss last week.. I'm starting ww in the morning. I hope u feel better and less bloated to.! X

Back