Back to GL -My comeback diary

RedDress2011

Hi All --well i can not stick WW amymore, I think the truth is I don't believe in the plan and I have been trying to follow both WW and GL which does not work as hommous/peanut butter -mega points and jumping on and off the scales like a demented woman --so had to choose and I am choosing good wholesome food that makes me feel good :D rather than low calorie sweetened rubbish. My friend has met a couple of other people at the meeting so I don't feel bad ditching her -I just feel bad about the money I spent, so-restarting my diet today and will get weighed monthly.

breakfast -Lizzis granola/total yogurt (really missed this)
Lunch - bacon/egg/tomartoes (not perfect, but its sunday)
Dinner - Chicken salad (planned)
snack - apple/peanuts (planned)

Plus been to spin class this am
Look forward to reading everyones posts

Welcome back! Good for you for making the choice you know is best for you - I'm sure you'll do really well. :)

Thanks Plumfoodie-feel mentally better -eating good stuff

Today
B: yogurt, lizzis granola, summer fruits (8)
snack: fruitus bar (5)
L : oakcates, tuna, yogurt (10)
D: spag bog (10)

circuit training

after snack : pitta, hummous, olives

Hi :) Just have to jump in here..god I couldnt agree more..just done a week of sw ...and feel absaloutley horrendus!talk about blood sugar problems...ive decided the only way for me if I have to "diet" is the GI way..i cannot stand all that revolting "diet"food and resent all the money that the industry rakes in from people with weight problems..i have spent an absaloute fortune on sw food this week and the cupboards are already becoming bare just from having to eat,eat,eat constantly,and everything being soooo limited due to lack of oil!sorry but I NEED olive oil or else I become very depressed!..a peice of wholemeal bread or two that doesnt cost you 6,0000 syns wouldnt go amiss either!..whats the point of being slimmer if you just feel ill all the time.. :-/...sorry for rant!lol

Welcome back Reddress!

Thanks calisweden -good to be back

And litbitgreedy (love the name) -I can not agree more- I love olive oil, and to me antipasti is like food from the gods, it brings back memories of summer hols -sitting in a bar in Italy sipping crisp white wine eating nuts and olives (all possible ona GL diet)without the guilt-can't wait for the sunshine :D

Well today
B : granola, yogurt and frozen berries(defrosted of course)
snack: fruitus bar
L : feta cheese salad and 2 mini mini pittas
Tea: jambalya with salad
snack : couple sqs of dark chocolate

See,now what YOUVE eaten today is sense!lol..i just cant do anymore tinned spaghetti,eggs and ****ing bacon..lol grim..mmmm anti pasti...mmmmmmmmmmm!;-)x

Hey just out of curiosity,how do you make your jambalaya red?
One of my problems is I get so bored of cooking (have an NVQ in cheffing ironicaly) im not very good at taking my time to follow a recepie because I have a short attention span! haha ..,but I really should make myself!..i just like things that are simple and hearty,without all the faffing around..things like jambalaya are good ..coz all in the same pot!
Do you follow the one in the book?or have your own variation?

Hi lilbit greedy --re the jambalaya --I make my own, as to keep the GL low I tend to add more prawns/chicken and veg and a smaller amount of rice .....i'll dig out the recipie.

Well today

Breakfast ; yogurt, berries, granola
Lunch Out: mixed salads and salmon, with chicken (small piece cheesecake)
early tea (as off to Tabata training) hommous, oatcakes and crudites, irish diet yogurt
supper (after exercise) peanut butter on rye bread

Goodnight all

Thankyou lovey,that would be great...and I duno what kind of rice you use for things but I use brown basmati...its much better than plain brown ,not as chewy,still low gi/gl..

ps ,been doing gi/gl last two days from sw ..and feel infinitley better already...good ol GI lol

I had been toying with the idea of going back to WW, but reading your posts has reminded me why I never stick to it. It is natural, real food that our bodies need, not all that frankenstein food that diet clubs seem to want you to eat.

The problem I had with SW (and I think diet clubs in general) is that although it is possible to do their plans using wholefoods etc and make really good choices, that doesn't seem to be the way that is most encouraged - not necessarily by the providers but by the other people who follow the plan! Maybe I am overly suggestible but I found myself eating things that I would normally never consider just because other SWers were so gung ho about them.

I would never normaly eat "diet" food full stop...i spent soooooo much money doing sw..it was rediculas..because I was constantly eating! ,constantly hungry..stomach was always growling ,probably from dealing with all those bananas being processed very quickly! lol..the reason why they promote never being hungry ,is because you never stop eating to get rid of the stomach pains lol ..i just cannot live my life thinking about food 24/7 ..
And I dont want to buy into the diet industry because frankly its a con.
Atleast GI makes sense,its ,affordable, very healthy and a way of life..a little bit of most sensible things basicaly, and not mountains of carbs which are the main culprites of weight problems anyway...just my opinion :)

I found both WW and SW lead to me eating strange things. I am determined never to go to another slimming club.

Hi-agree with all re slimming clubs, and the carb issue --all the latest thinking is that we should reduce carbs but not eliminate---all in line with GI/GL

well today

brekkie: granola/yogurt
Lunch (on the go) -apple, 6 almonds, fruitus bar
Dinner -chicken curry/small amount brown rice.

will probably have some hommous and oatcakes for supper

No exercise today

I love oatcakes and hommous, so tasty.

You have reminded me that I have some Lizzie's granola in my food cupboard. I may have that tomorrow for brekkie.

Hi guys, so I am a SW fan having lost 4 stone with the plan but pre SW I was very interested in eating wholefoods and food nutrionally better for you. I've tried to incorporate that into my journey. Anyway I have a bout a stone to lose and it will not shift! I think it's a sugar thing. I have polycistic ovaries and I am a chocolic. I have been wondering about trying a little secret low GI with my SW efforts and wondered if anyone had an idiots guide to the plan or what book to buy to get me started?
Maz

ImpossibleDreamer said:
Hi guys, so I am a SW fan having lost 4 stone with the plan but pre SW I was very interested in eating wholefoods and food nutrionally better for you. I've tried to incorporate that into my journey. Anyway I have a bout a stone to lose and it will not shift! I think it's a sugar thing. I have polycistic ovaries and I am a chocolic. I have been wondering about trying a little secret low GI with my SW efforts and wondered if anyone had an idiots guide to the plan or what book to buy to get me started?
Maz

Hi Maz, if you want to stay within the SW framework, I'd suggest sticking with red days and using a few modifications. Make good low GI hexb choices (new potatoes instead of big potatoes, wholegrain instead of wholemeal bread - which technically would be a tweak, shh, no cereal bars or sweetened cereals - porridge would be your best cereal but make sure you syn nuts or seeds to go with it for protein or have a boiled egg also) and only use your syns on good things like olive oil, peanut butter, nuts seeds, etc - nothing overly processed or high GI with flour/sugar etc (inc crisps) although 70% cocoa solids dark choc is ok in moderation. Also make sure 1/3 to 1/2 of your meal is superfree and keep to a maximum of two portions of low GI fruit (apples, pears, apricots etc). Don't go more than four hours without eating, and make sure you have protein in every meal/snack.

If you want to branch out, Rick Gallop's Express GI Diet or the Jenny Brand-Miller book on low GI for pcos might help you. :)

Edit: ps congrats on your loss so far, that's wonderful. :)

Back